Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

View Poll Results: Bowling Green again?
Yes for 2016 153 65.38%
Out West or somewhere else 1st 81 34.62%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2015, 09:45 PM   #127
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL1 View Post
while i understand that the west wants to make a presence its hard to say a good amount of the east will make that 12+ hour drive. if you wanna cater to the west then you must accomodate the east. At least make the location neutral. Understand that a lot of people on this forum are from texas and making a texas fest is ideal to them but its logical with it being a neutral location for both east and west. SOme from the east will have to drive 8-15 hours just to make fest and same applies for areas in the west. WHile the west feels like they have been treated unfair with all the east events, the more out west we push the event....the less people from the east we make that drive. If some go they will fly but whats the point of making fest without your camaro. Who's going to make that 24 hour drive to cali if they drive a racecar? Whos going to make that long drive back and forth....make it a neutral location like OKC or texas .
It's ok if no one from the East coast makes it to a West Fest. There are plenty of Camaro owners who would fill up parking lots. That's the whole point of moving fest around, to give everyone a chance to make it, at least once every 2-3 years. Even with fest being in indy twice, texas, and BG, I think the east people have been sort of shafted as well. I liked that fest was in Georgia one year, AZ the next, and indy the 3rd year. Texas fest should have been fest 4, imo, and then 5 back west again.

BG was a great hit, and i'm glad about that for fest 6.

I also realize getting a track and host location for a good price plays a huge part in where fest will be located.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:46 PM   #128
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
make the drive

A lot of folks will make the drive, more than the ones that are whining about it!!!!!!!! Some of us enjoy a road trip and the excitement of going to the fest!!!!

CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:52 PM   #129
EvilZL1
Snake Eater

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Gee, I think you have the West Coast's sentiments about all the events in the Midwest, 5 of 6 were out your way...who wants to drive 24 hours each way to hit a fest in the Midwest, or even Texas for that matter...they can throw one in the West...were due...
I want you guys to be able to attend fest as well. This year was the first time I was able to attend fest since having the car. Not saying you guys dont need an event just want something neutral so you guys can attend along with us. I havent been to any other fest so i can not speak for the drives in the previous 4-5 locations

Make sure you don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! More content on the way. Like, share with your friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z...sP2wjsLLFeP1zQ

Follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/snkeatr/
EvilZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:57 PM   #130
EvilZL1
Snake Eater

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
and for the guys giving me shit about driving 12 hours i have no problem doing so, im speaking for a general crowd period. Long road trips are fine but I was just speaking for everyone sake. If it is in the west next year thats fine...if its way out my way and a bunch of my club members arent going then i will just be satisfied with TX2k next year until a reasonable location is announced for I

Make sure you don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! More content on the way. Like, share with your friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z...sP2wjsLLFeP1zQ

Follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/snkeatr/
EvilZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:58 PM   #131
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL1 View Post
I want you guys to be able to attend fest as well. This year was the first time I was able to attend fest since having the car. Not saying you guys dont need an event just want something neutral so you guys can attend along with us. I havent been to any other fest so i can not speak for the drives in the previous 4-5 locations
The thing is, middle of the country isn't neutral to anyone but the middle of the country. lol As we all know, you can't please everyone. even with a fest out west, the people in the Northwest will probably be screwed, but it's the closest they will probably get.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:00 PM   #132
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Anybody up for PA? We have a ton of dirt tracks. That would make for some interesting racing. Lol
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:08 PM   #133
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
I would do it again for sure!! Great venue, even though it was a drive for us folks in South Texas, I would fo sho do it again! I say YES! YES!!!

A drive is when you come from MINNESOTA to BAYTOWN,TX for a FEST now THATS a DRIVE LOL 1576 miles ONE way
Old 08-18-2015, 06:37 AM   #134
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
So i'm less ejumucated then the rest of you west coast people but it's known we had a fest in AZ and TX last i checked my history anything west of the mississippi is considered west? Now i understand the arguement with Indy 2 years in a row but thats about the only arguement to be sensibly had. It'll be a drive for someone the fact of the matter is even when it's been geologically out west more east coasters show then west coast people maybe i'm wrong but wasn't that the case for TX. Not sure what the turnout for AZ was at all missed that whole game but i hear a ton of whining from the SoCal region when you've had 2 easily accessible fests for your area in TX and AZ it's not like you live north of san francisco or something. I did the math for fun to, for me to drive to Bowling Green, KY from New Hampshire where i live citywise is roughly 1,100 miles depending on exact route. For you to make Baytown, TX from say SoCal/San Diego as my reference is 1,500 miles neither trip is small but i'm not seeing your distance arguement from where i live.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile

Last edited by Evil-Bee-NH; 08-18-2015 at 07:57 AM.
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:22 AM   #135
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
I would be ok with this location again but would rather see one closer to east coast.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:28 AM   #136
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudderFinger View Post
I would be ok with this location again but would rather see one closer to east coast.
Charlotte would be an excellent location, Zmax is interesting track with the 4 lanes, Roval with infield road course is a fun track, plenty of room...
Old 08-18-2015, 11:37 AM   #137
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
As unpopular as it may sound, the only logical answer to the East coast/West coast thing is to have two fests. If there is enough interest in a west coast fest, then the west coast members, mods, etc should organize one. I just don't see most folks wanting to drive across the whole country in either direction for the event.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:51 AM   #138
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Charlotte would be an excellent location, Zmax is interesting track with the 4 lanes, Roval with infield road course is a fun track, plenty of room...
That is an awesome track
Old 08-18-2015, 01:09 PM   #139
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
As unpopular as it may sound, the only logical answer to the East coast/West coast thing is to have two fests. If there is enough interest in a west coast fest, then the west coast members, mods, etc should organize one. I just don't see most folks wanting to drive across the whole country in either direction for the event.
Yeah, there won't be two fests, the mods have made that clear. It would be too bad if you had to miss a fest because you don't want to drive east or west, just like we don't want to drive over 24 hours to get to BG or Indy...
Old 08-18-2015, 01:43 PM   #140
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
I think it's about time the guys out West had a Fest that would be easier to get to. That being said, I don't think it will/should be as far West as California. While I'm sure there's a lot of people that would love it to be, hear me out on this. Having a Fest that close to either coast eliminates a lot of people that would go. Ideally, it should be anywhere between Colorado and Indy to allow people from as many locations as possible the opportunity to drive. Someone earlier mentioned Englishtown and I'd love to see it there because A) it's right around the corner from me, and B) it's an amazing facility that's more than capable of holding such an event. But I know the odds of it happening are slim-to-none because you'd only have people from the East coast and maybe as far West as Ohio. Maybe.

One of the mods (I can't remember which one ) explained it pretty well a few years ago...let's say everyone is willing to drive ~500 miles each way to go to a Fest, draw a circle 500 miles in radius and drop is somewhere in the US. Anywhere too close to the coasts, and you lose half of your circle to the ocean. So while I'm sure the CA crowd feels they should have it in their state at this point (and rightfully so) I can't see it happening because the mods realize there's a minimum number of people that HAVE to come in order to not lose a crap-ton of money on these things.

Anyway, I'm sure the Fest will be awesome next year regardless of where it is. I'd love to see it come back to BG at some point. Whether or not it's next year, we'll wait and see.