Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #29
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
I clean the inside of my rims every car wash every week, no problem, make sure you reach around to the cavity in the back of each five spoke as well, thats where the collected brake dust sits, regular car wash soap and it washes right off, 27,000 miles. He'll, I also end up wiping the inside of the rim after I get to a car show before the judges look at it, Just something you have to expect with big brakes and visible rims.
I did replace the pads and rotors at about 20 k though, I'm real picky about wheel pulsation and tire balance.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #30
Bumblebee2012

Drives: 2012 2SS TF3, 1971 Chevelle
I'm the same way, I have the transformers 3 dark of the moon edition with the gloss black wheels. I keep them shiny black from edge to edge, front to back.

Sent from a Galaxy S3, far....far away.
Bumblebee2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #31
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Wrap a MF towel (used) around a spatula. This works for the 3rd brake light glass cleaning. Scooche has a vid on this it's awesome!!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #32
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Adams Wheel Woolies. Best investment have made for my aftermarket wheels along with using their Sealant on them. No need to spend extra on Wheel Cleaners. Shampoo only. Rather pay more for something made here that lasts with a great warranty and best customer service in business bar none.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #33
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
I use poorboys spray and rinse wheel cleaner.

Spray in between the spokes and it runs into those areas that are hard to reach.
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #34
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Wheel woolies are not made by Adam's they are made by a different company and sold through a lot of resellers, Adam's being one of them. It seems all/most companies sell them for $50.

I use the daytona speed master brush to tackle all of my wheel barrel problems. It makes cleaning a breeze and while expensive, it is not as expensive as wheel woolies.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/daytona-wheel-brush.html

Wait until there is a 15% off or 20% off sale and it is even cheaper

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #35
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Wheel woolies are not made by Adam's they are made by a different company and sold through a lot of resellers, Adam's being one of them. It seems all/most companies sell them for $50.

I use the daytona speed master brush to tackle all of my wheel barrel problems. It makes cleaning a breeze and while expensive, it is not as expensive as wheel woolies.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/daytona-wheel-brush.html

Wait until there is a 15% off or 20% off sale and it is even cheaper

But on the camaro wheels, I never have a problem getting my hands in there with a microfiber cloth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #36
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
I have used mf and the Daytona Jr. brush, both work well. I use the brush mostly because its more fun
Old 02-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #37
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
As already mentioned, Wheel Woolies are a great option, especially the smaller ones for getting into tough places.

Something I didn't see mentioned yet is the Turbo Stick. Comes in two different sixes, standard and mini. It's was only dedicated wheel barrel cleaning tool we had until we started offering the Woolies last year.

Also as mentioned, take them off and throw a coat of Adam's Quick Sealant on there and you'll find the brake dust that is created will stock a whole lot less. Once it does begins to stick (if you slack on your routine cleaning ), it will come right off.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #38
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Tried the Daytona Wheel Brush and just about everything else on my wheels and it just could not reach the tight spots or do a good job at cleaning them at all, especially with the way the end of the brush is designed. probably works great on stock wheels. Quit using the Turbo Stick as well after purchasing the Woolies.May try the Mini. Love not having to use Spray Wheel Cleaners. Still think that saves money in long run.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #39
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Tried the Daytona Wheel Brush and just about everything else on my wheels and it just could not reach the tight spots or do a good job at cleaning them at all, especially with the way the end of the brush is designed. probably works great on stock wheels. Quit using the Turbo Stick as well after purchasing the Woolies.May try the Mini. Love not having to use Spray Wheel Cleaners. Still think that saves money in long run.
What do you mean by tight spots? The daytona is meant for the wheel barrel, the mini is meant for in between and behind the spokes, and a lug brush will help you get into those lug areas.

You can hardly expect the full size daytona to help clean the lug nut area.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #40
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Adams View Post
As already mentioned, Wheel Woolies are a great option, especially the smaller ones for getting into tough places.

Something I didn't see mentioned yet is the Turbo Stick. Comes in two different sixes, standard and mini. It's was only dedicated wheel barrel cleaning tool we had until we started offering the Woolies last year.

Also as mentioned, take them off and throw a coat of Adam's Quick Sealant on there and you'll find the brake dust that is created will stock a whole lot less. Once it does begins to stick (if you slack on your routine cleaning ), it will come right off.
I'm a big fan of Adams products, but the turbo stick is one product I actually returned to Adams.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 02-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #41
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post

But on the camaro wheels, I never have a problem getting my hands in there with a microfiber cloth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I use a similar brush to the Daytona speed brush and find it works great with the brembos.

Sent from my 2SS/RS

Last edited by nyrfan; 02-13-2013 at 07:19 PM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #42
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
I use a similar brush to the Daytona doped brush and find it works great with the brembos.

Sent from my 2SS/RS

I agree, works very well. I normally get what I can, roll the car forward and get the rest if I don't have a brush handy.