Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #15
Doubleblank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2014 Z28
Depends on how much you're going to track the car......and your budget. If you'll track the car regularly and want to run with the big dogs out there, then you're going to want to personally select all of your important pieces. I'm talking bigger wheels and tires, adjustable coilovers, adjustable ASB's, bushings, etc. So if you're going to do a custom setup eventually, go SS. If all you want is a track ready car to do a PDX ocasionally, the 1LE is the cheapest way to go.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #16
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
I'm thinking a 1Le with Pedders
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #17
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Does the 1LE have a diff cooler, i think i missed that one
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #18
Beezwax

Drives: Public Transportation
i guess all this hinders on how the car with be driven
Old 08-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Your other option to get 1LE levels of handling for your SS would be to look at our 2010+ Camaro Race Pack Stage 3 Total Vehicle System (TVS). This kit includes Sport Coil Springs, Front Sway Bar, Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, Front and Rear Heavy Duty Adjustable End Links, Strut Tower Brace, and Chassis Brace. These parts are designed to compliment each other and give you a matched suspension setup that works right out of the box. And even better, all of this engineering is available for under $2500.

Check out what Autoblog and Road and Track have to say about how the handling of a Hotchkis-equipped Camaro compares to stock:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/12/h...r-than-before/

http://www.hotchkis.net/_uploaded_fi...5thgen_zz1.pdf
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #20
Beezwax

Drives: Public Transportation
ERMEGHERD DO WANTS!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #21
ChrisRav

Drives: Dreaming
Thanks a lot everybody! If it wasn't for the gears and wheels I think I would lean towards air or pedders, but 1LE sounds like a deal plus its under warranty. does anybody have pictures of an 1LE interior? Is it the same as a zl1? I really do like the interior of the zl1
ChrisRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #22
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
If I was in your position I'd get the 1LE. Then eventually get some coilovers if you can. For me I'm making my own track package car with an SS since I jumped the gun too early and got a new 2010
Old 08-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #23
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
The 1LE is a lot more than suspension.

You get the close ratio mm6, 3.91 gear, extra fuel pickups, stronger axles and hubs, trans cooler, electric steering, shifter, and more. If you add everything up it is impossible to get everything for anywhere close to $3500. I am actually thinking about selling my SS for a 1LE. Look at it this way, with the 1LE you are paying $3,500 for the ZL1 wheels and tires, all the other options are free.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #24
Leb SS2/RS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2/RS
Would you have ground clearance issues with the Hotchkis stage 3 race package ?
I am interested in the kit, but I don't want to have ground clearence issue due to bad roads where I live, and I will be running coil overs so the car will be pretty low....
Leb SS2/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #25
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
That kit is an FE3 kit, not an FE4+
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:18 PM   #26
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRav View Post
I will hopefully be getting a 2013 2SS/RS m6 camaro soon. I personally love the look of airlift on the 5th gen camaros but would really enjoy a car that handles well.

My question would be could a pedderized or bagged SS be able to compete with a 1LE around the track? It would be a daily driver so I would perfer as smooth of a ride as possible but yet be able to take a turn fast without fear of loosing control. What do you think would be the best way to go? I dont know much about suspension but for the money is the 1LE package worth it when you can get air or pedders for around the same cost plus the killer looks?

Thanks in Advance!
Bury it. We ran the PUSA Camaro at Gingerman years ago. Some refer to it as an obscure track. It isn't. It gets a lot of use from Detroit based automobile companies and was the choice of the Camaro TEAM for media hot laps with the 1LE. Since the fall of 2009 there hasn't been a single Camaro to run faster at Gingerman than the PUSA Camaro. Not one. We are running the Pro-Tourcing / OPTIMA Challenge events with the Lingenfelter L/28 and Raymond's Performance Camaro. We were 1 second slower than Lou Gilloti's highly modified ZR1 at Eagles Canyon. We put down the fastest lap of the day at Road America besting a well driven $450,000 Porsche that spent all day chasing the L/28. At Gingerman we we had the fastest AC and and were behind a killer race car like vette on the road course.

A 1LE is a great version of the SS that will be much better Pedderised. You have a money back guarantee on it.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #27
ChrisRav

Drives: Dreaming
That sounds quite exspensive. Now being able to customize the 2013 online it would be roughly the same price for a 1SS/RS/1LE as a 2SS/RS. I would hate to loose the leather and HUD tho , I think overall the 1LE would be a lot smarter choice considering if I really want leather or HUD I could always add later.
ChrisRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #28
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Flawless operation and control are never expensive. They are PRICELESS. Anyone can make a Vette fast. Beating a modified Vette with a Camaro is a statement. We do it all the time. I haven't spoken to a single Pedders client that had just run their fastest 1/4 mile or passed every car in their HPDE that thought their Pedders parts were expensive. Not one.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, airlift, bagged, handling, pedders