Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Video: ZR1's being built

from start to finish article

video
Quote:
This morning General Motors released all the official numbers for the 2009 Chevy Corvette ZR1 including its price ($103,000), 0-60 mph time (3.4 sec), quarter-mile (11.3 sec at 131 mph) and top speed (205 mph). It's the fastest, most powerful and most expensive vehicle GM has ever built. So how does it get built? Why, at the Corvette's Bowling Green production facility in Kentucky. Put together by the same people who lovingly assemble your garden variety Vettes, the ZR1 is nevertheless a very difficult vehicle than the bang-for-the-buck coupe on which it's based. Watch the video after the jump to see a ZR1 go from a frame to full-fledged supercar in about four and a half minutes of time lapsed video interspersed with interviews of the plant workers who have the privilege of assembling this King of Corvettes.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
very exciting!
When i was there on the tour recently i asked when they would start making the ZR-1 and the tour guide didn't really know exactly when but i was there to see the first few 427 special editions roll off the line.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:17 AM   #3
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Great find. Coming from experience, if you ever have the chance to take a tour of a production facility do it... It’s worth every minute.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Know what I just realized: that is a 205 mph supercar being built on an assembly line! Not hand crafted taking a week to build each one by skilled craftsmen. Its being cranked at several a day out by regular joes (and janes).
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote