Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #15
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Do you work for and get paid by Lingenfelter? What relation are you with the company if you are?
I do not work for LPE nor any relation to LPE, that is my personal car with a LPE commemorative edition body kit that is only available if you buy there CES car from them
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #16
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
I'm pretty sure they're nationwide and they should have a vendor in your area. We go through a company called SAT (sun auto trim) to get their products. They will pretty much copy the exact seat out of the 2SS, but like I said, why not go custom? Black seats with body-colored piping or something like that.

Oh and they'll do all the seats, not just the front two.
Sweet stuff man. I know sun auto, great work outta there. Lingenfelter says they are doing some work on it too, but for all I know, those will cost as much as my car. So, we'll see. Thanks for the info.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #17
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
I do not work for LPE nor any relation to LPE, that is my personal car with a LPE commemorative edition body kit that is only available if you buy there CES car from them
Ahh ok, I though you did because you were talking about becoming a forum sponsor. Do you mind me asking what your company will be selling on here when you do become a sponsor?
Old 04-29-2009, 05:01 PM   #18
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Again, I do not work for LPE it is my personal car and the company that I work with we are working on stuff.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #19
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix View Post
Are you in Killeen? I know there are two shops here that will wrap your seats. My brother-in-law also had his 300C re-done with ostrich skin inserts by an 'underground' shop (no business license, works out of his house). Katskins (I'm sure that's not the correct spelling but I'm too lazy to look) also makes replacement seat covers, not sure if they will make any for the Camaro though...
Thats www.katzkin.com/main.html I've never used them,
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #20
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Ahh ok, I though you did because you were talking about becoming a forum sponsor. Do you mind me asking what your company will be selling on here when you do become a sponsor?
Leather goods, Carbon Fiber parts, and performance parts to name a few. It will take a little time we should get our SS in 3/4 weeks which is going to SEMA.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #21
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
Quote:
We work with Katskinz and they do a really good job. They can do perforated or two tone, piping, embroidery, the whole 9. Expect to pay at least a grand and be without seats in your car for about 3 or 4 days, but if you NEED leather, that's about your only choice. The other problem is that it will be a while before they will have the seats available as they need a model to make the measurements on.
Exactly what I was going to say... They have top quality stuff and pretty reasonable prices...
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #22
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
Leather goods, Carbon Fiber parts, and performance parts to name a few. It will take a little time we should get our SS in 3/4 weeks which is going to SEMA.
Awesome. I look forward to seeing what your company has to offer
Old 04-29-2009, 05:15 PM   #23
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
I wanted the leather also. . so i grabbed a 2ss
Old 04-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #24
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
I wanted the leather also. . so i grabbed a 2ss
Well, alllllright there mr deep pockets. jk. I might just do that as well. paying near 40 grand for a camaro (after tax and such) just seems irrational. But oh well. its an awesome car.

Then again Ive just learned of a place here in tx thatl give me lovely leather seats for 800 bucks. TEMPTING!

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #25
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
0-60 in about 6 seconds just doesnt excite me.

35,500 for a 2SS RS doesnt excite my wallet.

Go for the 1SS, right? DUH!

But.... cloth seats???? 31 grand for a car and sit on thread? I MUST HAVE LEATHER!

So where can I get it? Does anyone know of leather seats available that will fit/look good in the Camaro? Or of anyone who wraps seats in leather for reasonable prices?

Thanks in advance, gents!
Personally the extra features present on the 2LT were of more value to me than a faster 0 to 60. I'd rather have leather, gauges, heated mirrors, bluetooth connectivity and a nice sound system instead of a faster 0 to 60, cloth seats and $7000 less in my bank account

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #26
Gameover

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Personally the extra features present on the 2LT were of more value to me than a faster 0 to 60. I'd rather have leather, gauges, heated mirrors, bluetooth connectivity and a nice sound system instead of a faster 0 to 60, cloth seats and $7000 less in my bank account

I was thinking the same thing.
Gameover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #27
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
two points for falcon.
this is the choice i made as well.
not to mention money saved on gas and insurance.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #28
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Their website is www.katzkin.com . They have an installer search and a seat configurator so you can design what you want.

Attachment 23247

Attachment 23248
I can vouch for them. I have them in my Ranger, got over 140k miles and my drivers seat barely shows any wear at all. Not like my Fbod at 20k

If you do it, a piece of advise. Take out the seats and strip them down and take to the installer. Will save you a bunch of $
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote