Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #15
laditee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Rims
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #16
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
always thought it looked awesome on the wheels!!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #17
laditee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
always thought it looked awesome on the wheels!!
Thanks Denis
Old 02-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #18
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
The panels will be coming off already because the car is getting custom painted, but the dash trim and the other pieces around the center will be out of their way, but still I don't see how $1700 is a good price when others are saying I could have it done around $1k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
Are you removing (and re-installing) the pieces and dropping them off, or is the shop removing them, because that will add to the cost. Door inserts, dash trim pieces, console pieces and steering wheel peices can be stripped out in an hr or so, then a little longer to install (gotta be a little more careful not to scratch). $1675 is high for just interior pieces, around $1000 is more in the ballpark.

The interior panels can be a bear to do because the finish on those plastic pieces is very hard and it needs to be scuffed up very well for the paint to adhere and last.

Just remember a dipped piece is always going to cost more than a good paint job, because it is the exact same process except with extra steps.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #19
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
The panels will be coming off already because the car is getting custom painted, but the dash trim and the other pieces around the center will be out of their way, but still I don't see how $1700 is a good price when others are saying I could have it done around $1k.
For sure, especially if your getting an entire paint job done as well. Are you going to match the base color of the carbon interior pieces to the outside color?
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #20
Frid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
For sure, especially if your getting an entire paint job done as well. Are you going to match the base color of the carbon interior pieces to the outside color?
The exterior is goin to be a black with blue pearl and was shooting for dark blue carbon for the interior. Looking into blue center leather from Katzkin in the future as well
Frid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #21
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Sweet
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #22
Frid

Spoke with my buddy at the shop that is now tasked with repainting and they have just recently started doing hydro graphics. Quick question for you all who have had it done. Do you just design something you want and they take care of the rest or is it more difficult then that? I was thinking about having a dragon scale look for the pieces, but am very particular of how I want it to look. I found a few pics on the internet of what I would like it to be like but not sure if that's enough for a shop to do hydro dip something. Any input?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #23
gml1998

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
v6 Upper intake

This is my Mace ported and polished intake. I had it Hydro dipped in a snakeskin pattern. I will install it layer this month with 1 inch insulator.
Attached Images

gml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #24
gml1998

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Quote:
Spoke with my buddy at the shop that is now tasked with repainting and they have just recently started doing hydro graphics. Quick question for you all who have had it done. Do you just design something you want and they take care of the rest or is it more difficult then that? I was thinking about having a dragon scale look for the pieces, but am very particular of how I want it to look. I found a few pics on the internet of what I would like it to be like but not sure if that's enough for a shop to do hydro dip something. Any input?
You have to pick an existing film to be applied to your parts.There are many different choices available however I don't recall anything dragonlike .
I chose the snakeskin pattern which you can see on my intake manifold in the post above this one
gml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #25
Frid

Gotcha. It looks great btw.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #26
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Drives: 2022 Ram 1500
Quote:

I just dropped off a pistol to be hydro dipped for my wife. There are hundreds of different designs to choose from. It is all up to the shop of what they have in stock and can order. I am told that if you did have a custom design it could be made, but you DO NOT want to pay for it.... I was told it would be 5k to make a new design and it would be for 250 meters of material, which could be sold to other vendors etc. but no telling how popular it would be.

Better to just find someone that has something that you would like. it is also very versatile as you can start with a specific base coat color that can drastically change the appearance of the design. Most films I have seen so far are clear and black and some have silver in them... everything else is mainly a base coat.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Decepticon "Darksteel" - 9/28/12 - 6/29/22
InfidelSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #27
Frid

Thanks for the info. Hopefully they approve my leave, so I can go back home to finalize the color for the paint and to choose a design.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #28
Pima

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs/1le vr.
What do you guys think of a product called mydipkit?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Pima is offline   Reply With Quote