Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

View Poll Results: How much are you willing to pay for another AMCC?
$165. Keep it the same 16 43.24%
$199. It's a freakin' STEAL! 15 40.54%
$250. Boy this is getting to be an expensive hobby! 4 10.81%
$275. I'm made of money. Yeah. 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
Dan@BMRacing

Drives: 2004 Nissan 350Z
Now that the first American Muscle Car Challenge is over...

It's time to plan for the second one.

Like all good drug dealers, we kept the prices artificially low for the first "hit." Now that you guys are hooked, I need to know, if we were to do this again, if I can *maybe* raise the prices a little so that it'll be more financially feasible without significant sponsor support (you know those guys who I said was going to show up, but wasn't there at the event? Well...).

Right now, we're looking at a couple of possible dates, as well as a couple of different locations. Auto Club Speedway has its allures, but is pricey. Buttonwillow or Willow Springs are more affordable but definitely does not have the same sort of world class facility feel to it (no garages). If we were to do it again, I feel it must be done by late August or early September, since any later than that I will be in full planning mode for SEMA.

So. There's a poll for this thread. Vote on it, don't worry about the result. I just need to get a feel for how much I need to charge to make the next one work, and see how many more sponsors I MUST pull in to make it all worthwhile for everyone.

Oh, and the plan is to have it on a Friday so it'll kick off a nice long weekend for everyone.
Dan@BMRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
cool
Old 05-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2SS/RS IBM M6-when she lets me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@BMRacing View Post

Like all good drug dealers, we kept the prices artificially low for the first "hit." Now that you guys are hooked, I need to know, if we were to do this again, if I can *maybe* raise the prices a little so that it'll be more financially feasible without significant sponsor support (you know those guys who I said was going to show up, but wasn't there at the event? Well...).

Right now, we're looking at a couple of possible dates, as well as a couple of different locations. Auto Club Speedway has its allures, but is pricey. Buttonwillow or Willow Springs are more affordable but definitely does not have the same sort of world class facility feel to it (no garages). If we were to do it again, I feel it must be done by late August or early September, since any later than that I will be in full planning mode for SEMA.

So. There's a poll for this thread. Vote on it, don't worry about the result. I just need to get a feel for how much I need to charge to make the next one work, and see how many more sponsors I MUST pull in to make it all worthwhile for everyone.

Oh, and the plan is to have it on a Friday so it'll kick off a nice long weekend for everyone.

That's what I'm talking about!

The SECOND B&M/Hurst American Muscle Car Challange...

(if the smiley guy had legs, he would be Standing)

Dan, You are The MAN!!! Can I sign up NOW?!?

I voted on the poll shown above and I admit that I would like to keep it under $200, for what we received at the first event, any of the prices listed above are a Deal!!! Thanks again for all of your efforts and I look forward to going again and again and again...
:flag2:
Old 05-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #4
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
i'm in for a second event for sure, the sooner the better. like you mentioned sema will be right around the corner and for some of us who have cars in attendance we will need time to finish them and prep them.
that time of the year heat will be a factor as well, i've been to willow in the summer, not comfortable at all. garages, shade is nice.
i would be really interested in running the roval at fontana, the course would be absolutely incredible.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #5
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
nice.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #6
comm17
Racing Byrds

Drives: '16 BVM 2SS '10 IBM 2SS RS
Quote:

YES PLEASE!!!!

Thank you BECKY!!!
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #7
cterry
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
This kind of event is well worth $200. The last one was a blast.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #8
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
Im in for the next one, that was an amazing event
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:55 PM   #9
QBert
Traction Control Hater

Drives: 1968 SS and 2010 SS
Just let me know when, I'm in.
Thanks again Dan
Old 05-27-2010, 01:39 PM   #10
Dan@BMRacing

Drives: 2004 Nissan 350Z
Just came back from Laguna Seca. Going to be talking with David today to see if this is remotely possible. If y'all think Auto Club Speedway was fun you will all absolutely go apesh*t over Mazda Speedway @ Laguna Seca.

Logistics will be an issue. Also it IS 5 hours drive from So. Cal. To make this work it'll have to be a Friday event so you can make a full weekend out of it if you so choose. Also, from what I was told SOUND CONTROL is an issue as well, 92 decibels isn't that high, although my Subaru with Magnaflows passed sound but someone told me even a stock SS could potentially trigger the sound meter at WOT.

Some preliminary numbers would suggest that if we choose to run American Muscle Car Challenge 2 at Laguna Seca, we would have to charge $250 and EVERY GROUP WILL ABSOLUTELY NEED TO SELL OUT at capacity of 25. I'm not worried about Camaros. It's the 3rd group, the Mustangs, I have some reservations about. And it will also have to happen in the off-season, like between Jan. and March since prices shoot up dramatically between March and October.

IF. And this is a big if. If we do it at Laguna Seca, how many of you So. Cal guys would make the 5 hour trek, and would you think we'd get a good contingent from NorCal to come out and play?
Dan@BMRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #11
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2SS/RS IBM M6-when she lets me
Quote:
Just came back from Laguna Seca. Going to be talking with David today to see if this is remotely possible. If y'all think Auto Club Speedway was fun you will all absolutely go apesh*t over Mazda Speedway @ Laguna Seca.

Logistics will be an issue. Also it IS 5 hours drive from So. Cal. To make this work it'll have to be a Friday event so you can make a full weekend out of it if you so choose. Also, from what I was told SOUND CONTROL is an issue as well, 92 decibels isn't that high, although my Subaru with Magnaflows passed sound but someone told me even a stock SS could potentially trigger the sound meter at WOT.

Some preliminary numbers would suggest that if we choose to run American Muscle Car Challenge 2 at Laguna Seca, we would have to charge $250 and EVERY GROUP WILL ABSOLUTELY NEED TO SELL OUT at capacity of 25. I'm not worried about Camaros. It's the 3rd group, the Mustangs, I have some reservations about. And it will also have to happen in the off-season, like between Jan. and March since prices shoot up dramatically between March and October.

IF. And this is a big if. If we do it at Laguna Seca, how many of you So. Cal guys would make the 5 hour trek, and would you think we'd get a good contingent from NorCal to come out and play?

Now this is Freakin Awesome!!!
We would have to go up the day before but I am sure we could find a Hotel!!! I would also bet that if you opened up the 75 positions to all 3 makes that the Camaro's would fill up any open spots!
You Are THE MAN!
:flag2:
Old 05-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #12
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Friday sounds perfect if the event is at Button or Willow. An overnight stay might be in order. Fontana would rock too, I know the track there now & might do a little better next time.

And YES, this is an expensive hobby, but the first Challenge was waaaaaay worth the price!

I would like to be #2 this time, no potty humor please! I know Rob types faster than me.....

I would vote for run what you brung and split them up into even groups to lesson the traffic for the Camaro's a bit. Not that I am looking to kick some Mustang or Challenger butt!
Old 05-28-2010, 12:02 AM   #13
urr2slo

Quote:

i would definitely be in but i need to be garranteed to be allowed to run, 92 db's is a stretch for me, only if the db meters are located in a braking zone would i have a slight chance of not setting them off. 92 db's just aint happening for me.
dynatech l/t's & 3" magnaflow comp series = to loud for me.
what about the roval at fontana?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:06 AM   #14
urr2slo

Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
Friday sounds perfect if the event is at Button or Willow. An overnight stay might be in order. Fontana would rock too, I know the track there now & might do a little better next time.

And YES, this is an expensive hobby, but the first Challenge was waaaaaay worth the price!

I would like to be #2 this time, no potty humor please! I know Rob types faster than me.....

I would vote for run what you brung and split them up into even groups to lesson the traffic for the Camaro's a bit. Not that I am looking to kick some Mustang or Challenger butt!
i would agree with a run what you brung class. i had a friend in the challenger, mudstain and g8 groups and we wanted to run together. only got to play with the g8, others were bummed.