Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
camaroshaun

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS1 (in 2009)
Just got the call from the dealer!

Yesterday I just got a phone call from my dealer telling me that on March 20 my order will start being produced and I should be getting it in late April or May! I am so excited I cant believe the day is finally coming! I was number 16 on an allocation of 30. The only thing I don't understand is I ordered a cyber gray 1SS. Isn't the cyber gray color not being produced until middle of April? Has anybody else gotten a call from their dealer and if so what did they tell you?
camaroshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
I ordered from Karl Chevrolet in IA and they recieved 43 allocations and I am number 18. I got an email from my sales guy yesterday saying that they just put through the first 11 orders in this cycle. Those cars should be coming by mid April - May and mine should be pulled on the next round of orders. I am hoping I will be able to get my car in late April to mid May - that would be awesome!!! I can't wait...
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
BESURE to TAKE PICS OF 1SS ! I really am leaning to go with the 2SS, who knows what may sway my opinion.
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
I would not worry about the paint you just have to double check your paperwork.

Putting a new color in is just a matter of cleaning the machine and pouring it in. The rest is mostly automated.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #5
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarogreg@evs View Post
today in the Chevy "Hot Sheet" to dealers here is what is said about V6...

"Constraint Update: As you prepare for order submission, you need to be aware of a few ordering constraints that will impact the initial first weeks of production:

• Camaro LS and LT models (V6 models) will be very limited.
• Cyber Gray Exterior Color (code: GBV) will not be available.
• Hurst Short Throw Shifter LPO (code: VYV) will not be available.

Order for these models or options will not be processed, and steps should be taken to avoid submission of these impacted orders."

This is an obvious deviation from what we have seen Chevy saying the past few weeks, that NO V6 cars were available. Hopefully, this means the restriction is going to be lifting, maybe just slowly.

The above is as of 3/12, so your order being accepted by GM with CGM as the color makes no sense.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Not unless they got some of the paint. As vendors see the line really starting up all kinds of "if's" might be solved.

Just because GM puts out that order constraint does not mean people are not working to try to fix issues and get things done.

I think some other plants probably had some of the CGM and shipped a few gallons. (fantasy assumption).
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:24 PM   #7
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
If Chevy really pulls this stupid "V6 constraint" crap they're going to lose a LOT of sales. Including mine.
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #8
patm

Drives: 2010 camaro
Smile Great News

That great ! I know all this waiting is taken a toll. Just ordered mine today and I am number 1 on the dealer list. He was only allocated 1 car.But still can't wait.
Good Luck and Drive it well !!
patm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #9
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
If Chevy really pulls this stupid "V6 constraint" crap they're going to lose a LOT of sales. Including mine.
V6 constraint should be lifted for April build...as of right now there are 0 national allocations for V6's.

As far as you order being pulled, I would double check the color they entered in. CGM is most definitely still on constraint.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #10
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
V6 constraint should be lifted for April build...as of right now there are 0 national allocations for V6's.

As far as you order being pulled, I would double check the color they entered in. CGM is most definitely still on constraint.
It just doesn't make any sense. I've never heard of this kind of half-assed, scattered release for a car.

You'd think the FIRST cars they'd build are ones that were ordered, no matter what trim.

But anyway, mine better be here by the 3rd week of April. If not, I'm moving on to other choices.
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote