Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #15
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Obviously we (Camaro) do not want to agree to share all of the Impala colors - and of course, an Impala and an Equinox would not be real attractive in IOM or RY or SG.
I gotta disagree with you on that one.
I think IOM would look great on the Equinox (btw what is the plural version of Equinox?) and Impala.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #16
savage71ChevelleSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS Imperial Blue
Quote:
We've had many conversations about color - more than I can count.......

The paint systems at Oshawa are 'shared' - meaning that we build Camaro/Impala/Regal/Equinox in the plant - and only so many paint 'lines' - -
so the discussion of color gets 'lively' to say the least.

Obviously we (Camaro) do not want to agree to share all of the Impala colors - and of course, an Impala and an Equinox would not be real attractive in IOM or RY or SG.

So - it's a challenge to choose colors that allow each vehicle line to have a nice complement of colors that match the car's character. Colors like White, Silver, Cyber Gray, and Black are the easy ones! Light gold on the Camaro, on the other hand? Not so much...........

And for the record - I love LeMans/Nassau/Mulsanne blue--to me, it represents some of the best times of the 60s at Chevrolet...........and I especially loved the Blue Bowtie that we placed in the center of the grille of most of our 1969 products............

unfortunately when we offer bright blue, it doesn't exactly fly off the shelf..........

What IS true: If we were to offer 25 colors - we still would not make everyone happy. (.........and that's why dealers such as Berger Chevrolet and Tom Henry Chevrolet will paint new Camaros any color you wish....)
Thanks for your insight, I appreciate your comments. Please please please bring back the blue bowtie like the 69's. The gold bowtie is fine on a truck or a tahoe, but not on a Camaro
savage71ChevelleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #17
91Z28350

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP 2010 Traverse LTZ
How about you rotate the blues? IBM one year, medium blue metallic the next etc? Oh, and btw, I would rock that dark purple Camaro ZL1 all day long!

Last edited by 91Z28350; 02-15-2011 at 10:10 PM.
91Z28350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #18
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Scott, I thought convincing you of a lighter blue color would be the hard part. Glad to hear that you are are fond of the lighter blue colors. By the time the ZL1 is ready for production it will be close to two years since there was a lighter blue painted C5 Camaro. It would be nice to see a Marina Blue/LeMans blue come back to go along with the ZL1 nameplate from that era. It might not be the biggest selling color but since the Aqua Blue was removed there has been a lot of clamor on this forum for the return of a lighter blue color. Bringing back the ZL1 nameplate from the past also seems like the perfect time to bring back a matching lighter blue color from the same era. I hope you will throw your opinion into the Team Camaro mix and help bring back a lighter blue color for the ZL1.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #19
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Jetstream blue or Stryker blue for the ZL1 would be nice. Stryker blue from Pontiac is one of the nicest medium blues I've seen.

Edit: Didn't read the OP's post too well. I'd have to say neither Jetstream or Stryker blue were available in 1969. Oops.

Last edited by Shurenuff; 02-15-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:07 PM   #20
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Please get rid of the current tomato soup metallic orange-ish red, and offer 1969 Hugger Orange. That would easily be one of the most popular colors, and it is one of the biggest Camaro heritage colors around. I will buy a ZL1 if hugger orange is available. No question.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #21
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Hugger orange is ugly.
Maybe a new orange that looks "hugger-like"
But hugger orange on any modern car would look horrendous.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #22
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
They already make the best color, Summit White and IOM! Although I'm going to change the IOM lol.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:52 AM   #23
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Hugger orange is ugly.
I don't know of any diehard Camaro guys that would say Hugger Orange is ugly. Maybe you are a Ford guy in disguise?

Plenty of "modern" cars come in a similar shade of Hugger Orange. SRT-8 Challenger, Porsche GT-3, and some others. If IOM looks good on a Camaro, then surely Hugger Orange will also look good - probably better. It can be a slight metallic, like the SRT8, but it just needs to be the right shade of orange. The current orange is too dark and red toned.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #24
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
The little insights on how things work always helps to shed light on many of the reasons why things go how they go. I'm sure you guys would LOVE to give each and every one of us what we want, but, as you just pointed out, it's just not practical. I think many are too quick to point to the past and think that it's just as easy now to offer what they did 40-years ago, when, in fact, it's not. I can't begin to comprehend everything that entails making cars, but I sure like seeing behind the curtain
Very good point and you are astute to understand that.

At the Chicago GTG, I talked about peoples' wants and needs. The problem is that each person feels slightly different........and so someone says "Well - you could give us that feature and it would only cost about 100 bux!...." And that's true - but it may be a feature that 70% of the buyers do not want - some of those 70% want THIS feature or THAT feature - and pretty soon, that $24,000 Camaro costs $27000.........

So - it's always a tough call to determine what gets put in a program and what does not..............
Old 02-16-2011, 08:04 AM   #25
fbodfather

Quote:
I gotta disagree with you on that one.
I think IOM would look great on the Equinox (btw what is the plural version of Equinox?) and Impala.
Equini (I use that all the time...)

Just like

Travi......................

...................................and Malibi and Impali...............
Old 02-16-2011, 08:07 AM   #26
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage71ChevelleSS View Post
Thanks for your insight, I appreciate your comments. Please please please bring back the blue bowtie like the 69's. The gold bowtie is fine on a truck or a tahoe, but not on a Camaro
That subject is very near and dear to our friends in GM Design Studios.

I recall asking for the SS emblem on the centercaps of the 4th gen car -

............................and when I regained consciousness.....I realized I'd learned a lesson........

I watched in trepidation when someone asked for the SS emblem in the grille of the new car............

......that person is now well enough to sit up and take nourishment on his own...............
Old 02-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #27
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage71ChevelleSS View Post
I ALWAYS forget about that! GREAT POINT!!! I'm a little "iffy" on the gold Bow Tie on CAMARO (and Corvette, for that matter), and would totally love a blue one! I remember them on Cavaliers from like a decade ago, and actually almost put one on my '02; I just never got around to it. Maybe the gold Bow Tie is an expression of quality or class or something; like there's an actual statement GM is making by the usage of that color I'd like to see a CAMARO crest return, too. I've always liked the 4th Gen crest, and though it's made by our friends to the North, I liked it had Old Glory's colors.

I have nothing but positive comments on the font and color of the ZL1's emblem though I wonder if there's a reason that the "1" is red on ZL1, and blue on ZR1... I think, because I'm a blue-person, I'd prefer a blue "1", but I think the red pops a little more. I'm not sure ZL1 necessarily needs more pop than it already has, but I like how it grabs the eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Scott, I thought convincing you of a lighter blue color would be the hard part. Glad to hear that you are are fond of the lighter blue colors. By the time the ZL1 is ready for production it will be close to two years since there was a lighter blue painted C5 Camaro. It would be nice to see a Marina Blue/LeMans blue come back to go along with the ZL1 nameplate from that era. It might not be the biggest selling color but since the Aqua Blue was removed there has been a lot of clamor on this forum for the return of a lighter blue color. Bringing back the ZL1 nameplate from the past also seems like the perfect time to bring back a matching lighter blue color from the same era. I hope you will throw your opinion into the Team Camaro mix and help bring back a lighter blue color for the ZL1.
I fully support a good blue I've been planning on IBM, but I'd love something lighter - I really liked ABM in person, too. I hope another blue comes along that the consumer will support. There are some other great colors coming on-line, especially that black, but I'd just love a nice, rich blue

Quote:
Hugger orange is ugly.
I just don't think colors from back-in-the-day had much depth. If Hugger Orange was three-stage, or just had some more pearle or metal flake, I think it'd pop great. I have to agree, though, that a straight-up Hugger on a 5th Gen just wouldn't look too good, IMVHO. I fully support brining back some colors from the past though, because the hues were beautiful.

Quote:
That subject is very near and dear to our friends in GM Design Studios.

I recall asking for the SS emblem on the centercaps of the 4th gen car -

............................and when I regained consciousness.....I realized I'd learned a lesson........

I watched in trepidation when someone asked for the SS emblem in the grille of the new car............

......that person is now well enough to sit up and take nourishment on his own...............
I guess no one messes with the Design Studio, huh, lol.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #28
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Hugger orange is ugly.

I don't think so!

Last edited by Fightinfire921; 07-28-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Fightinfire921 is online now   Reply With Quote