Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #15
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesZL1 View Post
The mods for these cars are crazy....Find out what sort of budget you have to work with and go from there. There are several Forum Sponsors on here like Ted (Above) that actually do the mods or have package deals ready to sell and ship. They have extensive knowledge and testing done to know what works well with these cars. It all boils down to just how much power you want and how much cash you got to spend...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Naboz View Post
I would start with CAI - Rotofab no tune - I am a Jannetty Racing customer - he can hook you up with advice, parts, how to's and a remote tune.
I have completed CAI, Kooks Header, Hiflow Cats, JRE Tune - This delivered 559 HP on the dyno

I am just finishing install of my 18% pulley, ID850 injector swap and MSD fuel pump voltage booster and Catch can. Will tune with JRE tune and sort things out and then dyno next spring or summer.

I am very happy with JRE and all of Ted's help along the way!
Thank you for the kind words, Jannetty Racing is Here to support the community.

Feel free to contact us any time with questions, I'm Happy to answer.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:58 PM   #16
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Sounds like you have got a lot of good advice so far. I will just mention you are now in the forced induction realm and the forced induction engines do show improvements from reduced exhaust back pressure but not nearly to the degree than a N/A engine will. Headers and new exhaust will show gains but like Bryan alluded to earlier you get a lot more performance gain by increasing the boost dollar for dollar.

The ZL1 has a pretty good exhaust system right from the factory, it is the loudest stock car I have ever purchased. Unless you really want more sound, you should do the pulley mods before you need headers and pipes.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #17
mag2camss

Drives: murdered
Wow a lot of great info guys!! This gives me more of a clear picture on which route to go. My roto fab will be here next week and after that I'll do the pulley swap. I like the exhaust but I'm just a die hard fan of slp lm2 exhaust so that means the stock exhaust has got to go.
mag2camss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #18
isthunidal

Drives: bmw
There is nothing that will improve performance better than more boost.
isthunidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:52 AM   #19
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
CAI + pulley + tune is your best bang for the buck. Possibly go with headers first also as they will be needed if future mods are planned.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #20
ss/rs/378

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag2camss View Post
Wow a lot of great info guys!! This gives me more of a clear picture on which route to go. My roto fab will be here next week and after that I'll do the pulley swap. I like the exhaust but I'm just a die hard fan of slp lm2 exhaust so that means the stock exhaust has got to go.
If your going full exhaust I would go with Kooks Headers Hi flow cats Corsa 3" no drown nice mellow sound cruising around but when you put your foot in it the car simply sounds pissed off!!
2.55 UPPER PULLEY,100MM IDLER PULLEY,160 STAT,PORTED TB,PORTED SNOUT,MSD PLUG WIRES,NKG PLUGS,KENNE BELL EXTERNAL FUEL PUMP,2"KOOKS HEADERS,HIGH FLOW CATS,3"CORSA 60LB DEKA INJECTORS TUNED BY FROST 580RWHP,571RWTQ.
ss/rs/378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #21
mag2camss

Drives: murdered
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs/378 View Post
If your going full exhaust I would go with Kooks Headers Hi flow cats Corsa 3" no drown nice mellow sound cruising around but when you put your foot in it the car simply sounds pissed off!!
If I could I would but with Christmas coming and the purchase of new equipment for my company kinda hard too shell out that kind of cash for kooks and Corsa right now plus I looooove drone.
mag2camss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:01 AM   #22
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag2camss View Post
If I could I would but with Christmas coming and the purchase of new equipment for my company kinda hard too shell out that kind of cash for kooks and Corsa right now plus I looooove drone.
You might Try the Long tube headers with high flow cats connected to the stock exhaust.

Take a good hard look at Dynatech AWESOME.

I gets pretty aggressive at WOT and the dual mode can quiet it down for cruising, best of both worlds.

I prefer the Dual mode system.

I also have the Mild to Wild system programmed in my homelink buttons which convenient and cool.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote