Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-21-2017, 06:05 PM   #29
OlePhu
Oldskool

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
I don't know but I think if I were to sell my Camaro, I'd probably revert it back to stock. When I was looking at new cars, I did pass on some modded ones and got this one that was pretty much stock. Granted, I didn't know what the original owners had done to it or how they drove it but I got a good deal and CPO so if something is going to break, hopefully it does under the CPO. What ever mod I do, I keep the OEM part and reinstall it and then sell the mod part separately, but I have no intention of selling so I guess that's not an issue in my case.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:04 PM   #30
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I don't trust the average person to modify their car with the care that I apply to my Camaro. As such, I wouldn't pay nearly as much for a modified car or a car I suspected to have once been modified than I would for a stock car of the same make and model.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:08 PM   #31
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Mods kill resale value...demod and sell your parts and put your car back to OEM specs. Sell and don't look back.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:10 AM   #32
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
Best case scenario, you still get stock retail and the buyer gets free mods. Most of the time, you lose 10-15%.

Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:47 AM   #33
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Mods kill resale value...demod and sell your parts and put your car back to OEM specs. Sell and don't look back.
I agree. Any performance mods indicate the car was probably driven hard.
I would buy a 100% stock 5th gen anytime. Probably hard to find though.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:07 AM   #34
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
I have a painful but true story to add to this saga... Although it is not a Camaro - sorry, but a Mustang. I am the original owner of a genuine Foose built 2007 Foose Stallion. When I was negotiating to buy this vehicle, I provide a large laundry list of mods that I wanted installed before they delivered the car new. So this meant they had to send the car through Ford Racing approved parts and install so that I was able to retain the full factory warranty when they delivered the car. I had about $60K in mods done and have all the receipts as part of the delivered car so that in the event anything ever happened, the insurance company had to put the car back as delivered. The car now is 10 years old, but pristine, multi-national show winner, and in fact just won Gold at a recent MCA National show. The car is garage kept and rarely driven although has been significantly in past. This car was put on the strip one time years ago just to say what it was capable of doing. This car was built for show but obviously would kick butt if needed. For kicks, I went to a local Ford dealer to see what they would offer on a trade for a new Mustang. They all went crazy over the car, including the owner of the dealership and his brother who both had to take it for a test drive. After all the back and forth and filtering through the numbers, they were going to offer me literally $6500. I laughed and walked out.

The top photo was taken in 2009 and was the cover of a magazine. Garage picture is as it sits now.

So bottom line, resale is what someone is willing to give you and no one is going to appreciate your ride more than you do. Be willing to suck it up and take a hit if you need to sell. Otherwise, take your time and possibly someone through a local club may be interested - assuming you are a member and they get to know you and the car.
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2017, 12:39 PM   #35
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Does it matter if the car is tuned when you trade it in?
Old 10-26-2017, 01:07 PM   #36
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by havelegs View Post
Does it matter if the car is tuned when you trade it in?
In most cases, the dealer or the buyer would probably not ask or even know. If they can't see it or if it isn't a distinctly noticeable deviation from factory, it should not affect the price up or down.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:15 PM   #37
CRF8
Scenic City Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL-1 /1974 Firebird 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLocalDJ View Post

In most cases, the dealer or the buyer would probably not ask or even know. If they can't see it or if it isn't a distinctly noticeable deviation from factory, it should not affect the price up or down.

Agree they are clueless don’t even look under the hood as long as the looks good. Short test drive, then they give you the trade in value

2017 Camaro 2SS
Old 10-26-2017, 04:27 PM   #38
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLocalDJ View Post
Ok. I was thinking if I should demod and detune it when/if I end up trading it in. Guess it doesn't matter.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:42 AM   #39
Missile Man

Drives: 2010 2SS/Black
There's always people out there looking for the supped up cars especially the younger one's. I've never had problems selling modded cars, just have to find the right buyer. My 2010, 56k miles, is worth $20k on KBB and am going to ask around $25K. Have already had interest in the car. I did all of the mods on my Camaro and have done the preventative maintenance like clockwork.

If someone is going to buy a car with the idea to mod, he's going to spend a lot more money. It's like when you bought your Camaro, all you could see was you in the Camaro and nothing else was relevant.

Mods:
* CAI Intake
* Magnuson MP2300 TVS Supercharger/RDS Spacer
* Vector Motorsports Tune
* Stainless Power LT/Hi Flow Cats/Tru X-* Pipe/36" J-Pipes/40 Series
* R1 Concepts ceramic pads and slotted/drilled rotors
Missile Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:31 AM   #40
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
increases value by 20%
Old 01-16-2018, 05:25 PM   #41
tgator02
Terry Coleman

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Convertible
Send a message via ICQ to tgator02
I used to keep my vehicles stock and baby them to increase resale value. When I bought the Camaro I decided to make it into what I wanted. To hell with the unknown future buyer. I love my car and can't wait for spring when I take him out of storage and make him stronger. And yes, my Camaro is a male. His name is Clyde and no woman could ever make me happier unless she has a flat head and no teeth. Of course that might have something to do with the long line of cheating bitches that have been attracted to me over the years...I digress. My point is, if you are worried about resale value, buy gold. MOD, MOD, MOD!!!
tgator02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:54 PM   #42
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
What does this have to do with value?
85% driven at night
Street Racing at night Brotha .