Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #309
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtwo View Post
Watch out, some will say they are in stock but are not. I would call them to be sure. I think Jannetty Racing has run into that problem. Their web system must not track their inventory. I bought an 'in stock" unit, but haven't hear anything for 10 days...
The online system does not automatically track inventory, but we manually adjust it as necessary.

We were Hit Real Hard while we were on Vacation, Thank You all for the Orders and we will expidite them ASAP.

It is difficult to anticipate sales on a particular product, especially one that is in big demand, and the manufacturer has none.

CAI built 200 Kits, and they sold before they were done, I knew that they would be a hot Item and I thought I ordered enough to keep us going but I under estimated, I am sorry for that.

400 More are being built right now and we should start seeing them in 3 weeks.

We email everyone who orders when there is no product available, We all know how email may not be perfect, and sometimes you don't recieve emails that were sent to you.

I have no way to tie your Screen name to your real name so If you have not heard anything from us Please Call and verify your email.

Ted.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 01-11-2010 at 10:19 AM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #310
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
has any one tried to paint or powder coat the intake yet?
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #311
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
So, when I installed my intake I had my sister and her friend record it. I edited it and posted it on youtube...BUT, we shot it using my crackberry and lighting is very dim so I'm not sure if I even want to post it on here. if you guys wanna have a look at the video, let me know and i'll post the link or embed it.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:31 AM   #312
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
To Oil or Not to Oil??

Can these oiled filters be used dry? The oil is for removing very fine particles, right? Any opinions?
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #313
JT

Drives: IBM w/ Silver Rally L99
Ordered mine last Friday!

I checked yesterday on delivery. CAI replied that they are taking about 10-12 days to ship.

As you read the thread, CAI has been a little delayed in shipping out, but they are consistently shipping. They are also doing a great job at taking calls and returning email. CAI seems to have it going on.

The Camaro has been here for 3 days now....I have never been happier!
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #314
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
Can these oiled filters be used dry? The oil is for removing very fine particles, right? Any opinions?
The instructions with the CAI intake say to use the CAI kit to clean the filter. It includes oil. I could not find their kit on their web site, so I contacted CAI. In their reply they said the cleaning kit will be up on their site in "the next couple of weeks."
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #315
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Do they offer it with a none metal tube?
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #316
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Those of you with the CAI intake and 6.2L engine (LS3/L99), does the enclosed box make a difference in the sound? The sound is one of the big reasons I want a CAI in general... I remember the amazing sound from the K&N CAI on my GP GXP. Anybody able to comment on this vs. an open cone like most of the others... rotofab, K&N, etc.?

Sorry, didn't read all of the pages, too much to go through.
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #317
ramsman34

Drives: 2011 Summit White, 2SS/RS-LS3
jus1dab,
Quote:
Do they offer it with a none metal tube?
I believe both the exterior and interior of the metal tube are ceramic coated if you are worried about heat transfer. If its the look, well then this is what you get. I think they look ultra clean and will match my coated Thorley headers nicely
ramsman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #318
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
I'd turn that filter, wrinkle-side down.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #319
AdamCzap

Drives: 18 zl1, 17 sierra denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by marticus24 View Post
Those of you with the CAI intake and 6.2L engine (LS3/L99), does the enclosed box make a difference in the sound? The sound is one of the big reasons I want a CAI in general... I remember the amazing sound from the K&N CAI on my GP GXP. Anybody able to comment on this vs. an open cone like most of the others... rotofab, K&N, etc.?

Sorry, didn't read all of the pages, too much to go through.

yep it's definitely more throaty. that was the first thing i noticed! shouldn't be too much different sounding than any of the other ones. the main reason to buy this one over the other ones is 1. the performance and 2. the fit and finish is second to none. plus, james from CAI is great - so 3. customer service.

my $.02
AdamCzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #320
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamCzap View Post
yep it's definitely more throaty. that was the first thing i noticed! shouldn't be too much different sounding than any of the other ones. the main reason to buy this one over the other ones is 1. the performance and 2. the fit and finish is second to none. plus, james from CAI is great - so 3. customer service.

my $.02
you know what else makes your car sound more throaty and have a cool rough idle? Just remove the air filter completely. Jiffy Lube forgot to put my air filter back in a few years back and I thought my truck was a rocket ship! I was so excited! But the rough idle scared me, so I took it back and they told me they forgot to put in the air filter... yikes!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #321
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
you know what else makes your car sound more throaty and have a cool rough idle? Just remove the air filter completely. Jiffy Lube forgot to put my air filter back in a few years back and I thought my truck was a rocket ship! I was so excited! But the rough idle scared me, so I took it back and they told me they forgot to put in the air filter... yikes!
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai, cai shootout, cold air intake, custom, michigan