Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Ledbetterjw

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Thumbs down ZL1 parking magnet effect

So I have been seeing a lot of complaints about people parking right next to members ZL1's in empty parking lots and some even being damaged..... So I decided to drive mine to town this evening to get a haircut and this is what I walk out to. I even parked along side a curb to eliminate one side, and with a nearly empty parking lot someone parked right next to it..... smh. The second picture is evidence in case I find any scratches or dings in the morning
Attached Images

Ledbetterjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
13FastBlkSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
That seems like plenty of space.. it could have been worse... but it happens to all of us.. I can't count how many times I would park out by myself and come back to having someone parked next to me..

2013 Black / Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Magnuson TVS2300, ZL1 Fuelpump / ADM FPCM, NPP Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI w/ Scoop, Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMAX Ported TB, OEM 1LE Front Splitter, AAC Ghosted Side Markers, Dropped on BMR Split Drop Springs
Build#24869
13FastBlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
Generic Username

Drives: 2013 ZL1
You parked in a space closest to the destination that's probably why.

I learned that lesson the hard way. Now, I typically park next to a curb further away from a destination point
Generic Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
Ledbetterjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13FastBlkSS View Post
That seems like plenty of space.. it could have been worse... but it happens to all of us.. I can't count how many times I would park out by myself and come back to having someone parked next to me..
They actually did a great job of parking.... just HAD to choose the spot right next to me when they had another 60 or so to choose from....
Old 10-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Stores should put wider parking spots in their lots and put in parking meters! I bet they would make a lot!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
Ledbetterjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic Username View Post
You parked in a space closest to the destination that's probably why.

I learned that lesson the hard way. Now, I typically park next to a curb further away from a destination point
there were about 15 spots along the storefront curb that were open that would be the closest, and I parked at the end of the strip mall that is the least busiest. It reminds me of bugs gathering around a light at night.... If you park it, they will find it lol
Old 10-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
The Mazda just wanted to cuddle with the Hunky Camaro
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #8
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
We will have to get used to the fact that us owners of our precious v8 cars will have to share the roadways and parking lots with other cars. There aren't a lot of choices to make short of not driving one's cherished automobile.

I tend to make calculated decisions when I have to park one of my cars. In general I try to avoid the parking lots, but the times that I use them I take whatever precautions I can (that make sense), and I keep an eye on things. Its kept me out of trouble thus far.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #9
noxqq

Drives: '19 ZR1 Shadow Gray & '16 Z06 LBR
OK...I admit to being obsessed with finding the "right" parking spot. Even though my wife agrees and uses the reasoning when parking her own car, I sometimes drive her crazy as I circle a parking lot 2 or 3 times to find the "right" spot. I have even left a business when I couldn't find a place to park or wouldn't even go there in the first place because I knew there would be no place to park that I would be comfortable with.

Having said all of that, sometimes when I am driving my DD I will block for a person's car. I won't park right on top of them, but I will make sure that no one else does either. I know that I have probably been cussed a few times when I actually was just being protective.

Maybe that is what happened in the op's picture above. Or maybe the person is just a jerk after all.
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #10
Jontall

Drives: GTO
People don't care if they ding your door... It's an everyday occurrence and nothing to them.
Jontall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
Generic Username

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetterjw View Post
there were about 15 spots along the storefront curb that were open that would be the closest, and I parked at the end of the strip mall that is the least busiest. It reminds me of bugs gathering around a light at night.... If you park it, they will find it lol
thats true...
Generic Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:33 AM   #12
Michael2000

Drives: .
I'm looking at the picture of that lot, and there is no way I would park there. You should be a the absolute furthest reaches of the lot, to the point of ridiculous. Also use a car cover.

Take if from someone who has a 19 year old F-body without one door ding.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:38 AM   #13
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
To OP. What if another camaro parked beside or behind you?

Sent from the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #14
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
I'm looking at the picture of that lot, and there is no way I would park there. You should be a the absolute furthest reaches of the lot, to the point of ridiculous. Also use a car cover.

Take if from someone who has a 19 year old F-body without one door ding.

Michael
It doesn't matter...they will find you, and they will park next to you. Empty lot, full lot, close spot, far spot...they're coming for you.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote