Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-08-2020, 09:16 PM   #29
1LE_ROLL

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
I recently installed speed engineering headers and their full exhaust on my car and had no fitment issues at all, they also had fast shipping. seems like they aim to put out affordable, quality stuff. not cheap ebay stuff anymore imho
1LE_ROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 10:01 PM   #30
Azurna

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
When you do get them, take the car to a muffler shop and weld them to not be annoyed of air leak sounds. I did it and had them weld v-band claps for easy removal later.

No matter how tight I made the connection pipes clamp to the headers they always ended up leaking after a week.
2013 1le/M6/Daily CAI, LT, TSP Stage 2 NA Cam, E85, ATI Balancer, Ported Bo White TB, Ported Rod Mod Intake, DSS Driveshaft w/Zl1 Rear end, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings and Trailing Arms, PatG Tuned, and Love.
Azurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 10:43 PM   #31
1LE_ROLL

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurna View Post
When you do get them, take the car to a muffler shop and weld them to not be annoyed of air leak sounds. I did it and had them weld v-band claps for easy removal later.

No matter how tight I made the connection pipes clamp to the headers they always ended up leaking after a week.
Just tightened them all again this weekend actually haha. header to motor sealed well and had no leaks but im chasing down random ones with the band clamps.
how much did it cost to do the v band conversion? not a bad idea
1LE_ROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:22 AM   #32
Azurna

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Depends on the shop doing the work. I showed up and they did the weld job and sold me the clamps for $80 to give you an idea.
2013 1le/M6/Daily CAI, LT, TSP Stage 2 NA Cam, E85, ATI Balancer, Ported Bo White TB, Ported Rod Mod Intake, DSS Driveshaft w/Zl1 Rear end, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings and Trailing Arms, PatG Tuned, and Love.
Azurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 06:31 PM   #33
'15 LS3-1LE
got that clutch leg

Drives: '15 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
I bought my car with long tube headers, no cats and no mufflers. I made the dealership put some high flow cats on and tune it for legality concerns and they complied but now, 7months later I've got a jingly shit fallin apart noise from the right side cat. Smfh. Lame. Went to PhasTek this afternoon and picked up a set of highflow cat pipes pretty cheap, designed for shorties, really freakin hope they hold up better. Btw, I believe shorty headers have a better power gain curve low to mid range as in for normal daily traffic driving. Long tubes have a better result on the dyno but the difference is mid to high rpm range which is a bit much for a daily driver. Mine dynos at 415 rwhp with a K&N cai and LongTubes, hf cats straight pipe otherwise.
'15 LS3-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 06:41 PM   #34
frey.199

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by '15 LS3-1LE View Post
I bought my car with long tube headers, no cats and no mufflers. I made the dealership put some high flow cats on and tune it for legality concerns and they complied but now, 7months later I've got a jingly shit fallin apart noise from the right side cat. Smfh. Lame. Went to PhasTek this afternoon and picked up a set of highflow cat pipes pretty cheap, designed for shorties, really freakin hope they hold up better. Btw, I believe shorty headers have a better power gain curve low to mid range as in for normal daily traffic driving. Long tubes have a better result on the dyno but the difference is mid to high rpm range which is a bit much for a daily driver. Mine dynos at 415 rwhp with a K&N cai and LongTubes, hf cats straight pipe otherwise.
Wow you got 415 out of that? I got a big cam in SC cam though and only 430.
frey.199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:48 PM   #35
Warship2k15

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by '15 LS3-1LE View Post
I must strongly disagree.Shortys if any gain at all would be in the upper RPMs because of the short runner length.
The only headers on our Camaro’s to give any appreciable gain are long tubes.NA 1 7/8 have a 20-35 hp gain and have a greater torque through most of the rpm range.
Warship2k15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:51 PM   #36
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
I went with BBK long tubes and quick flow cats hooked up to my stock NPP exhaust. I also had them put bung spacers (just like the old spark plug foulers in the old days) in the back 0-2 sensors, this pulls the 0-2 sensor out of the direct exhaust and keeps the CEL light off. I also picked up the SCT x4 tuner with lifetime tunes from Dyno Steve at RDP.

Frigging Camaro sounds like a jet now when I jump on it between the CAI and the pipes. It's fast as hell and I love going through those gears.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:18 AM   #37
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warship2k15 View Post
I must strongly disagree.Shortys if any gain at all would be in the upper RPMs because of the short runner length.
The only headers on our Camaro’s to give any appreciable gain are long tubes.NA 1 7/8 have a 20-35 hp gain and have a greater torque through most of the rpm range.
No....they fall off up top on the dyno and at the track. 1.5 to 2 cars behind with shorties...dead even with longtubes vs a fbo 5.0.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:51 AM   #38
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Interesting, TONS and TONS of people with longtubes with daily drivers and LOVE them, but apparently shorties are better, who knew? :(

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:54 PM   #39
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
Interesting, TONS and TONS of people with longtubes with daily drivers and LOVE them, but apparently shorties are better, who knew? :(
I don't see where anybody is saying that. But I will say with cats shorties are not as bad as people that have never had them are saying.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:02 AM   #40
Winemedineme69me

Drives: Camaro ss Chevy
I went with the DNA motoring long tubes with the off road pipes that replace the cats. Fit and finish is excellent and it's stainless steel. They went in perfectly like a glove save sound awesome with my NPP exhaust on my 2014 Camaro SS LS3.

You can get them here. Make sure you buy multi layer steel header gaskets, o2 sensor extensions, manifold bolts and some nice exhaust 3" band clamps and heat boots for your spark plug wires so they don't melt when touching the headers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153712874186

Here's a sound clip of my exhaust.

https://youtu.be/HVTCoIYJGhU
Winemedineme69me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 10:27 AM   #41
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
The guy that just did my bolt in crossmember told me I wouldn't get any extra horsepower from long tube headers. Now is he crazy or what. He builds race cars so I want to believe him but I just can't believe what he said. I know another guy who builds race cars and he said you can sometimes get 80 horsepower from long tubes. Who's right?
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 12:04 PM   #42
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Well, the first guy is wrong, the second guy, I guess its' possible, but probably on a forced induction build. I don't think adding longtubes to a ZL1 gets you 80...so it would have to be a pretty extreme build.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote