Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #29
Forgottenalarm

Drives: Chevy Colorado
eh they remind me of earwigs crossed with a firefly. i can imagine them getting into things and making a mess of stuff too. id move
Forgottenalarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #30
FirstCamaro2k10

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallic Camaro LS
Im well aware of them turds, been dealing with them for all my 29 years. Here in Southeast Texas. I hate em, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo much. Such a PITA, havent seen them yet here, im hoping the recent Hurricanes, blew them back to Florida where they came from, lmao. Ya'll can keep them.
FirstCamaro2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:14 PM   #31
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011DropTop View Post
Ya I used to live there and you are right about no bugs, although I always had a problem of rocks falling off those construction trucks all the time and they no longer claim responsibility when you file a clain against them. And the dust!?!?!?!?! dont get me started on the dusy out there that impermeates every part of the car, heh heh I'll live with the bugs.
I will take dust any day over bugs! And I really hate humidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluver View Post
Would be nice to have no love bugs but on my one and only trip to Vegas I spent 3 days with a bloody nose because it is so dry there.....before that I never had a bloody nose.....I think I can handle the 2 or so months out of the year washing my car like crazy to get these damned screwing bugs off the front....on another note took a 3 hour road trip to the beach this weekend in the Camaro and stayed on my husbands rear in his car and I had maybe a dozen love bugs on the front of the Camaro...however his poor Galaxie was covered in them!
We live more than half the year in the dryness inside in NY with forced air heat, so the dryness does not bother me. When you go on vacation, you do not have enough time for your body to adapt, and you need to drink a lot of water, which is good for you anyway. But 90 degrees feels like 75..........god I love it!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #32
Red67Stang

Drives: 2010 LS - Victory Red / Jet Blk Int
I absolutely hate the love bugs here on the west coast of Florida. No matter how slow you go they always smash on the front of your car. They are living little water balloons when you hit them!
OEM SPOILER
20" POLISHED SS WHEELS
Red67Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #33
Taz_FL

Drives: 1LT/RS Yellow/Black
for any of you that do not know what lovebugs are, here's a link with a picture and goes into deatil about them. they are nasty little critters when it comes to your cars finish
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebug

I haven't had much of a problem with them yet here in jacksonville, however I jumped on the bike and took a ride with some friends to gainsville this past saturday (backroads) and we ran into some going through the woods.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #34
Indy2010

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
I hate'em. My car will be garaged until they're gone. So far, I haven't seen them, but it's time.
Indy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:56 PM   #35
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
spraying Pam on your front end is bad news. think about it. Pam is a greasy substance. greasy substances attract sand. sand gets caught in the Pam on the front end of your car. now you have a layer of sandpaper embedded in the front end of your car.

now imagine what happens when you try to clean that sandpaper off the front end of your car. hello, scratch city U.S.A.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #36
Stoutgutt

Drives: 2010 RJT Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgottenalarm View Post
are they kind of like cicadas? never heard of them
aka, June-Bugs
Old 05-20-2010, 09:09 PM   #37
Stoutgutt

Drives: 2010 RJT Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgottenalarm View Post
eh. the cicadas where really bad. and caused small dents and splatts but no paint damage. and they are only every 12 years i think. are you guys able to claim acts of god every year to fix the damages?

try to take some pics or vids if you wouldnt mind.
Lived in Virginia a few years back during the cicada plague. While big, ugly, and crunchy they have nothing on love bugs.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:06 PM   #38
jkelly
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: 2lt summit white dk gray int
I got the paint protection and I bought a bra for long trips. back anfd forth to work they have not been a problem. but I do hate those love bugs.
jkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #39
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Love Bugs

I think they look like fireflys without the lights locked to each other.
Baldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #40
Meeper

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red67Stang View Post
I absolutely hate the love bugs here on the west coast of Florida. No matter how slow you go they always smash on the front of your car. They are living little water balloons when you hit them!
You're not kidding! Even going 5 MPH is enough to make them go splat. Fortunately I don't have a white vehicle. They're still horrible, but over the past 15 years, I've seen that they're drawn to anything white, and anything that emits exhaust.

My House is a dark green, with white trim, and white front door. Right now, you can find any lovebugs attached to anything white, and barely any on the green. Several years ago, they were so bad that we had to tape seams of the front door, because they were coming through, the door was completely black from them clinging there.

Also about the exhaust, I found it to be particularly true when I was cutting the grass. I had gone out at 9:00 to start cutting, and they weren't out in full force at the time. 20 minutes into cutting the grass, I was surrounded by a black cloud of lovebugs. At one point I was so fed up with them, that I let go of the mower and started spinning around windmilling my arms yelling like a crazed lunatic until I escaped. The next sound I heard was my dad laughing his ass off in the front yard. He heard the yelling and came to see what it was. Also, there were no love bugs in the front yard...

They were only where I was cutting the grass...

I really despise lovebugs...
Meeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #41
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
I live by Daytona and yes, I have them too and hate them!! They are the worst thing about living here. I drive a good ways to work highway miles and sometimes I can hardly see out of the windshield they are so bad, you turn the wipers on it just smears worse!!
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #42
Ciscovet
CiscoVet

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS/6mt Black
So guys what is the best love bug removing agent? I have never heard of the 3M clear bra until now. Is the bra that noticeable?
Ciscovet is offline   Reply With Quote