Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-22-2016, 03:14 PM   #15
rozarioorlan

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnhardtfan77 View Post
this is the first im reading about this, i dont know how i missed it, im just a little worried this mod might break something..has anyone had anything go wrong running this mod
i've had mine for almost a year with no problems at all. if something does go wrong you can take it off in less than a minute. if you haven't done any mods it's great cause you won't ruin your warranty and it's one of the cheapest performance mods. now if you do have mods it compliments them and makes it much more fun
2013 2LS - K&N CAI, Overkill Ported 80mm Throttle Body, Overkill E85 Kit and Overkill Tune, Jacfab Ported Intake Manifold and Spacer, Stealth 3.0 TC, ARH Catted Downpipes, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, Resonator Delete, Jones Full Boar Racing Mufflers, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Seperator
rozarioorlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:33 PM   #16
sp00ls

Drives: 2014 V6 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnhardtfan77 View Post
this is the first im reading about this, i dont know how i missed it, im just a little worried this mod might break something..has anyone had anything go wrong running this mod
I've had mine for about 5 months. 0 issues with it thus far. I set it to sp6 on day once and have left it alone ever since. I did find it on sp7 at one point, probably got knocked because it sits in my center change tray under the HVAC controls. I just set it back to sp6 and nothing bad happened.

There are lots of reports of people on here having the 'service stabilitrak' warning but I have a feeling they couldn't leave it alone after picking a setting. Changing it while driving would cause issues I would imagine.

Other than that it has been a great mod for my car. It doesn't increase max power at all, but it makes the car feel more peppy in everyday driving for sure. No regrets on my purchase.

I bought mine used from the 'for sale' section of this forum.
sp00ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:03 AM   #17
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
I had this on my 2014 1LT and never had any issues. I loved it so much, when I bought my 2016 2SS, this was one of the first mods I did. This on the LT1 8 speed auto in track mode at SP6 is just bonkers!!!!
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:16 AM   #18
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Some people have had no issues at all ( which is great), and some people have had issues to the point that they uninstalled it permanently.
The BIGGEST complaint is this :
When there is a problem with the VTC, the explanations as to why by the supplier are inconsistent, sketchy, and at times not credible (don't run it higher than SP 6).
On the SP 6 comment (from the Vitesse rep to a forum member), if it has an SP 9 , but you shouldn't run it higher than SP 6 how the hell would that make any sense ?
I loved the VTC when it worked, but when I had problems over and over and then read that I was far from an isolated case I pulled mine out, all the issues that I had been having (cel, reduced power) went away.
There seem to be some mods it conflicts with, and some QC issues.
Personally , would never consider a VTC again.
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:00 AM   #19
BkinBlk

Drives: 2015 2LT RS
Just remember, with any mods, there can be issues. It seems that most of the issues were with "earlier" models and they seemed to have corrected the problems. I have had mine for 11 months, keep it on SP9 and have had no issues. And, like others have said, it does come with a warranty and is plug and play. Won't take any time to remove and return if you don't like it. I have gotten my moneys worth out of it already and would purchase another if this one does fail. But, remember, this is just my opinion.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:58 AM   #20
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
We found out recently that they are a reseller, not the manufacturer. We have no way of knowing if this has been upgraded (earlier vs later model). It seems to work for some, and fail for others. It may just be quality control at the Chinese factory (or lack of) that determines if your unit will work for years without problems.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:14 PM   #21
kuzman89

Drives: Ly7
Do your self a favour and check out stealth controllers stealth-controller.com or JMS PedalMax jmschip.com,
having done the upgrade there is no issues with engine lights and extra features on the stealth like the anti theft, launch control and anti skid are worth it.
kuzman89 is offline   Reply With Quote