Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-04-2020, 07:16 PM   #449
GetSmart

Drives: 2013 Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
I offset stow and show to the passenger side.

Also im using 2015 SS/ z/28 hood as it has the correct lines.

How did you install the sto n show with this bumper?
Rotofab CAI, VMAX PTB, Borla S axle-back, Dynatech SuperMaxx 1 7/8" headers/HF cats, No weeds exhaust diverters, Apex air scoop & catch can, Rohana wheels, MPD1 Z-Force Hood, BTR Stage 3 cam, Vitesse Throttle Controller, etc...
GetSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:51 PM   #450
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSmart View Post
How did you install the sto n show with this bumper?
Mine did not come with a Belly pan so I used mending plates to which the stow and show was mounted to.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:20 PM   #451
Mattchew

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS
Quote:
Mine did not come with a Belly pan so I used mending plates to which the stow and show was mounted to.
mine came with a bellypan 5th time around and it was still so low that I bottomed out and took out the sto and sho
Old 01-09-2020, 09:29 PM   #452
Tha Snowman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Today I finally got around to re-reinstalling my 6th gen conversion headlights after having the bumper on for months and I finally got the lights to work. It turns out, by NOT using the conversion harness from rgvshelby, the signals and drl bar on the headlight worked! I cannot believe that is all it took as I spent another few hours messing with the harness, twisting and repositioning it until one side did something different. I was dead about to give up for the day, then I tried the direct connection.

Now my next issue is a slight gap between the bumper and the hood. I believe the bumper is touching the bumper bar and not fully reaching. Its been an issue since I installed the bumper, but I over looked it until now. I may have to shave off some of the bar like I believe @Mattchew did.

Also I still do not have a bellypan, thats annoying
Tha Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:11 AM   #453
milo8604
SSonBayou

Drives: GreySS M6 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Snowman View Post
Today I finally got around to re-reinstalling my 6th gen conversion headlights after having the bumper on for months and I finally got the lights to work. It turns out, by NOT using the conversion harness from rgvshelby, the signals and drl bar on the headlight worked! I cannot believe that is all it took as I spent another few hours messing with the harness, twisting and repositioning it until one side did something different. I was dead about to give up for the day, then I tried the direct connection.

Now my next issue is a slight gap between the bumper and the hood. I believe the bumper is touching the bumper bar and not fully reaching. Its been an issue since I installed the bumper, but I over looked it until now. I may have to shave off some of the bar like I believe @Mattchew did.

Which headlights did you get 10-13 or 14-15 style? Halogen or HID?
milo8604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:23 PM   #454
Mattchew

Quote:

make sure you paint the metal after cutting it. Also the bumper space is from the hood being a non 2014 hood
Old 01-14-2020, 07:35 AM   #455
Tha Snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo8604 View Post
Which headlights did you get 10-13 or 14-15 style? Halogen or HID?
14-15, Morimoto HID
Old 01-14-2020, 07:39 AM   #456
Tha Snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
make sure you paint the metal after cutting it. Also the bumper space is from the hood being a non 2014 hood
I have a 2014 z28 carbon hood, the gap is still there. I realize the issue is the bumper sags at the top, Im not sure if it is because I don't have the belly pan. I have to drill holes further up at the top where the 6 push-in pins go to hold it higher. Yeah, I sprayed the shaved part after I cut it.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:45 AM   #457
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
I have a 2014 z28 carbon hood, the gap is still there. I realize the issue is the bumper sags at the top, Im not sure if it is because I don't have the belly pan. I have to drill holes further up at the top where the 6 push-in pins go to hold it higher. Yeah, I sprayed the shaved part after I cut it.
Steel mending plates screwed it to crash bar tighly will hold the bumper up. I kind of want to drill out all the pins and put bolts in from bumper side and nuts on the fenderside as I feel I'll get tighter control of the body lines.

Old 01-15-2020, 10:26 PM   #458
Mattchew

Quote:
Steel mending plates screwed it to crash bar tighly will hold the bumper up. I kind of want to drill out all the pins and put bolts in from bumper side and nuts on the fenderside as I feel I'll get tighter control of the body lines.
do you have any pics probs gonna do this if it fixes the gap a bit
Old 01-22-2020, 03:57 PM   #459
diddies

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Thanks for this write up and going along with it. I have a 13 ZL1 and would love to convert the front of my car like you did. Can you go over all of the parts that you used and any tips along the way. Also, would my hook line up with the bumper or would I have some alignment problems?
diddies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:22 PM   #460
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

2014/15 Z/28 or SS (same hood used on both trims) is the only hood that fits with this bumper.

2010-2013 all trims have the narrower cowl
2014-2015 lower trims and ZL1 (zl1 never refreshed front end) also have the narrower cowl.

I have looked at many after market none seem to suit the lines either unless they are duplicating the z/28 ss hood.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:26 PM   #461
csorrentini

Drives: 2010 Orange 2SS/RS
so I am about to buy the vis terminator or ts2 hood, will that not sit right with the bumper? says it is meant for a 2015 camaro
csorrentini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:05 AM   #462
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

All hoods will fit but the cowl lines will not match.

Only SS hood or z/28 will match by default without any corrections.