Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #1
Ego

Drives: "Rich Guy" Cars
To Those Who Own a Hot Wheels Edition...

My first question is; How much did you buy it for? I found a nice 2013 2SS/RS but they want $40k for it and I'm trying to bring them down to around $34k.

My second question is; Do you ever get insulted for it? I've shown it to some of my friends but they always ask, "Why would you want that? It looks like a kid's car!" Maybe it's because it's the opinion of a kid but I've always liked them in my opinion.

Thanks.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #2
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Get what you want, you are the one driving it. I would never buy a hot wheels edition, just seems to take the man out of the car.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:28 PM   #3
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
I wouldn't put much added value because it's hot wheels. If you like it buy it, it not at a high premium
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:33 PM   #4
70rsz28

Drives: 70 rsz28,97 30th aniv conv 13 ht wh
in canada they were 52,000 for coupe and i seen convertible for 59,000. i love mine ! i did not want the same car as everyone else has, to each their own buy what ever you like! 0ne of 354 produced 6 spds total produced 1524
Attached Images

70rsz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:35 PM   #5
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
OK....first off do what you want. Don't listen to people who put the car down or question you on why you bought it.

I get more thumbs up and "awesome car" from more people then I can even start counting. I stop to get gas, at least one or two people ask me questions about the car and comment on how much they love the color and how nice it is to see a different color camaro then all the other ones.

It is truly a unique car and you will not see very many if any at all on the roads with you. Worth every penny in my opinion.

Now I can not comment on the price because I am not sure what they were retailing for in the US, but for $40K I am pretty sure you are getting a good deal. If you can get them down to $34K that is an awesome deal, especially for a low numbers produced car.

DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:51 PM   #6
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
I wanted one just for the color... but didn't want to pay the extra for it.

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #7
Blue-J

Drives: 2013 2LT HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoskins76 View Post
OK....first off do what you want. Don't listen to people who put the car down or question you on why you bought it.

I get more thumbs up and "awesome car" from more people then I can even start counting. I stop to get gas, at least one or two people ask me questions about the car and comment on how much they love the color and how nice it is to see a different color camaro then all the other ones.

It is truly a unique car and you will not see very many if any at all on the roads with you. Worth every penny in my opinion.

Now I can not comment on the price because I am not sure what they were retailing for in the US, but for $40K I am pretty sure you are getting a good deal. If you can get them down to $34K that is an awesome deal, especially for a low numbers produced car.

+1
No negatives at all. Pluses everywhere I went. Hibernating now.

A little less for one in Monticello but still a good price.
You might find of interest: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302113
Good luck and get what you will enjoy. I wanted the color.
Blue-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:18 PM   #8
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
You can get one and debadge it if you want, I love the color scheme. You could put 1le rims on it too, that'd look nice. Still would be unique, actually haven't seen one like that!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:32 PM   #9
DCPX

Drives: Camaro
I agree with your friends. I would be embarrassed to drive the hotwheels camaro. Especially if I purchased it new and got hosed the extra $7,000 for it!!

Hot Wheels Should be paying the buyer to advertise for them!

Last edited by DCPX; 01-14-2014 at 11:43 AM.
DCPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:18 AM   #10
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
A car made after a toy.. Shouldnt it be the other way around... why is that cool? and the wheels look terrible.. Now if its putting out 600hp.. I wouldnt care... If its a stock camaro with the only wheels Mattel could make on their toy car.... ummmm its not that cool.... Walmart sells them cheaper...

Guess they like barbies instead of the real thing too
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:02 AM   #11
Hot Tamales

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red M6
I have pics somewhere of the metallic green concept which is basically a Hot Wheels edition ZL1 with a different hood. Even then I thought it looked pretty cool. Nothing wrong with buying a Hot Wheels edition, it's simply a throwback to the days when we dreamed of owning a REAL one.

EDIT: Found the link http://www.boldride.com/ride/2011/ch...wheels-concept
Old 01-14-2014, 05:41 AM   #12
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriddick View Post
A car made after a toy.. Shouldnt it be the other way around... why is that cool? and the wheels look terrible.. Now if its putting out 600hp.. I wouldnt care... If its a stock camaro with the only wheels Mattel could make on their toy car.... ummmm its not that cool.... Walmart sells them cheaper...

Ouch! (Although I, too, think the wheels are hideous)
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:44 AM   #13
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriddick View Post

OUCH!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:51 AM   #14
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
I'm all for looking/being a little different than the masses. If YOU like it, get it. Who cares what anyone else, on this forum or not, thinks. I'll bet you get so many more compliments than idiotic statements. And I guess your friends that say it looks like a kids car will be walking!!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote