Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-25-2020, 10:49 PM   #239
Gbland60

Drives: 2015 z28 Black w/ac #645
Thumbs up

Man if you go something in between the gold color and bronze i think (just my opinion) would be perfect. Like a polished up bronze color for instance. Either direction you go I'm sure it's gonna be on the mark.
Yea this situation we're all in with this outbreak was not in anyone's plan for this season. It sure put a damper on my plans also. Just stay safe over there because its nice having you as a forum member because of all your content &
Gbland60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:42 PM   #240
pat_t

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbland60 View Post
Man if you go something in between the gold color and bronze i think (just my opinion) would be perfect. Like a polished up bronze color for instance. Either direction you go I'm sure it's gonna be on the mark.
Yea this situation we're all in with this outbreak was not in anyone's plan for this season. It sure put a damper on my plans also. Just stay safe over there because its nice having you as a forum member because of all your content &
Thanks for the wishes. Fortunately I'm still well and just a bit bored with the stay at home orders (see the next post!)
pat_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:43 AM   #241
Gbland60

Your talent is amazing sir and attention to small detail requires alot of patience. Nice
If we could only tuck our wheels like that on our Z's, just imagine the stance it would have.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:45 AM   #242
Gbland60

Quote:
Your talent is amazing sir and attention to small detail requires alot of patience. Nice
If we could only tuck our wheels like that on our Z's, just imagine the stance it would have.
PS. Boris made it. I was worried.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:19 AM   #243
MarkVa

Drives: Volvo S60
@pat_t Looks awesome! check this https://customessayblog.com service too!

Last edited by MarkVa; 04-29-2020 at 07:54 AM.
MarkVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 01:27 PM   #244
pat_t

Quote:
PS. Boris made it. I was worried.
Thanks for the kind words. Yes he pulled through thankfully, looks like things are finally starting to be heading in the right direction... Nürburgring re-opened today, just waiting for all the European borders to reopen then I'll be straight there!
Old 04-30-2020, 04:14 PM   #245
floyd haughton

Drives: 2010victoryred2lt
wow looks great the paint job is outstanding
floyd haughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 02:01 PM   #246
pat_t

Oulton Park

Man it was so good to get back out on track after everything that has been going on in the world.

Blessed with incredible weather at my favourite UK circuit.

New Dunlop Sport Maxx Race tyres were super sticky, and the car is now the fastest it has been by some clear margin.

I had one near miss when a chap in a Mini Cooper trying to keep up lost control, and had I not gapped him by quite as much would have T-boned me on the apex of the hairpin! You'll see for yourself in the second video below.

The car looked stunning in the sun and I got so many compliments on it. There's something so special about these cars the 6th gen just can't match...

Heading to the Nürburgring on Wednesday...
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2020, 02:15 PM   #247
LeftCoast32

Drives: 2015 Z28
Looks Awesome!!
LeftCoast32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 04:50 PM   #248
ronchev

Drives: 14' Red Z/28 #336
Really like the new look pat
ronchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:14 AM   #249
pat_t

Thanks for the comments guys. Here's a cool overlay picture, shots were taken almost exactly one year apart: 1st June 2019 and 2nd June 2020. There's no posing here, in both cases I was pushing flat out and it's just pure luck and coincidence the photographers got the shots they did!!
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2020, 09:45 AM   #250
pat_t

Nurburgring 2020

Bear with me, this one will be a long one!

Nurburgring June 2020 report:

So covid restrictions lifted in the UK & Europe enough for me to risk booking travel crossings and accommodation. There are still some restrictions in place, one of which being that I have to quarantine on my return to the UK for 14 days. Luckily I am able to work from home so I was happy to go ahead. This is relevant because it meant that the circuit was unusually quiet given the time of year and weather conditions. Normally approx. 30-50% of summer visitors I would estimate are on UK plates. I think on this entire trip I only say about 5 cars on UK plates, and it's possible some of them are stored locally to the track (several "regulars" do this).

To avoid any hassle at the French border (which strictly speaking was still open to essential travel only) I opted for a longer ferry crossing from Harwich to Hook off Holland. 6 hours on the boat was boring, but luckily it was very calm. The plus side is that it's about 1 & a half hours less driving from there to get to the 'Ring.

Arrived at about 9pm on Wednesday night, just managed to find a restaurant open and had a massive pizza to set me up for the following morning. Weather looked ok for the coming days so I took another gamble and added 520 to my Green Hell Driving account. The reason for adding so much in one go is that they operate a bonus credit system, whereby the more you add, the greater number of additional laps you get added for free. This gave me in theory 21 laps to do over the 3 days.

Thursday, I managed 7 laps, gradually building pace and remembering the subtleties of the track, ending up on the last one at a bridge to gantry time of ~8:20. I was already surprising myself at this point as the fastest I'd previously been round was about 9:00.

Friday, track was closed for a Private Trackday. I hiked round the inside of the track to the bottom of Foxhole which is an absolutely spectacular place to watch cars through the compression at ~140mph. The weather on Friday was gorgeous. Those on my instagram will have seen I had a nice picnic! In the afternoon I stopped by the GM Test & Development centre in the Industrial Park for a picture by the sign.

Saturday was my best day. Early morning I met up with Dale from bridgetogantry.com and took him for 3 laps, 1 out-lap, 1 fast lap and then 1 slow lap for him to give me feedback and pointers as we went round.

This must have worked pretty well as I went out solo and ran ~8:13 followed by ~8:09. This was way faster than I personally expected to be going on this trip and to was almost a little uncomfortable in it's intensity and knowledge that I have no cage, and wasn't allowed to wear my HANS device (rules on blind spot visibility checking for motorcyclists), the car is totally uninsured for what I was doing with it and I needed to be able to drive it 500 miles to get me home 2 days later!

Saturday afternoon Dale then took me out for 2 laps in one of the rental Suzuki Swifts. This may have only had 136bhp but he has 25,000 laps experience and we went round in 9:00 or so with the car absolutely on the door-handles everywhere! Probably the best passenger experience I've ever had!

Sunday I was feeling a little fatigued and the track was damp-ish with intermittent light drizzle. I met with a Dutch friend of mine and passengered in his BMW for 4 or 5 laps. I took him out for 3 laps in mine, but only the last one of which was full intensity due to how I was feeling. This was slightly spoiled by traffic but still ~8:20

Monday I drove all the way home, this time via France and the Channel Tunnel with no issues. Total mileage for the trip was ~1300 miles. Car is now on ~8200 miles. In total did 15 laps in the Camaro taking me to 33 total. Passengered another 6.

A few images attached. More pictures will follow in the coming days/weeks. The next post will be a video run-down of my best lap.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2020, 11:23 AM   #251
pat_t

Best lap ~8:09

The engineer in me can't help but analyse! Better give in to it and do it while it's fresh in the mind. Comparison with Adam Dean's Z/28 lap in 2014, each minute is reset back to a synchronised start.

Things in my favour: more power, less weight, more tyre, less bumpy track and a gripper warmer day.

Things in Adam's favour: more talent, more experience, more bravery, most importantly a sighting lap and knowledge that he is the only thing on track so able to drive at 110%.

Minute 1: I lose 7 seconds.
Minute 2: I lose 12 seconds, a heap due to catching the car at Flugplatz at the wrong point and making a mess of the overtake!
Minute 3: I only lose 5.5 secs, not too bad.
Minute 4: I lose 8 secs.
Minute 5: I only lose 4.5secs, mainly due to power advantage. The Porsche doesn't cost me any time.
Minute 6: I lose 7 secs. The hatchback doesn't cost me any time.
Minute 7: I lose 6.5 seconds.
Minute 8: despite Adam's best efforts in the sudden rain I gain 1.5 secs! Total: I lose 49secs over not even a full BtG lap!

Minute1

Minute2

Minute3

Minute4

Minute5

Minute6

Minute7

Minute8

Last edited by pat_t; 06-16-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-16-2020, 12:27 PM   #252
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Pat how did it feel when the car settled after 3 wheels in the air??
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote