Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-22-2019, 10:12 AM   #15
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramil13 View Post
Does anyone keep track of their fuel economy that has a heavily modified v6?

I'm currently getting 11.6L / 100KM (~20.5mpg) in the city but that's with me putting the peddle down and shifting every 2.5k RPM. Some roads are back to back traffic lights and some a little longer roads with traffic lights...

This is my daily 1 hour drive commute to work where I maybe redline it once..

YES, I have recorded every fuel fill up since new. Now 118K miles later.

So I can break down my mileage many different ways. Including monthly MPG's (higher in the summer since less fuel is used when the air is less dense), to MPG for lifetime. I commute 35 miles each way to work. I see over 30 MPG on the 25 mile stretch on the highway, with the cruise set at 70 MPH.

Lifetime MPG is 24. This includes over 170 passes at the track strip. Multiple times at the local road course having some fun. And weekend cruise time on Woodward.

I have a spreadsheet that has multiple columns of info.

My mods are listed in my signature.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:45 AM   #16
ramil13

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Wow, that's really good.

I agree, when it's not raining and is sunny i get much better economy. Especially in the summer. But i'm assuming 24 MPG is combined.

The 19-20.5MPG is only city for me.

Also regarding 93... i heard that higher octane gives a bit better fuel economy but obviously not E85 because thats a mixture.
K&N intake, Custom Tune, Billet Catch Can, K.C's Ported 72mm TB & IM, Jacfab IM Spacer, Primary/Secondary Cat & Muffler Delete, Magnaflow Xpipe, 2.5" Straightpiped, GM Strut Tower Brace, Mace Engineering Cams, Solo Performance J pipes, Magnaflow Resonators x 2

340rwhp Dyno

ramil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #17
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Looks like the OPs running a straight thru 2.5" exhaust which reduces bottom end torque, thus mileage is affected.

The price you pay for big top end numbers.
Loss of hearing too😀
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:56 PM   #18
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I mean, technically an x pipe nets you the maximum top end gains... but realistically the exhaust set up on these cars doesn't make much difference, as people have tried to get different numbers with 2.5" full exhaust vs the stock 2.5 to 2.25. Since the exhaust isn't too large, no power is lost anywhere.

Again. OP is on E85. That's why his mileage is bad. "Bad"
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:11 AM   #19
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Looks like the OPs running a straight thru 2.5" exhaust which reduces bottom end torque, thus mileage is affected.

The price you pay for big top end numbers.
Loss of hearing too😀
I think my setup is one of the best for these cars. It rumbles and makes pops aswell and the deepest tone for this year & engine. I've driven/owned v8s when I drive at the right RPMs its very hard to tell if its a v6.

Not that loud actually
K&N intake, Custom Tune, Billet Catch Can, K.C's Ported 72mm TB & IM, Jacfab IM Spacer, Primary/Secondary Cat & Muffler Delete, Magnaflow Xpipe, 2.5" Straightpiped, GM Strut Tower Brace, Mace Engineering Cams, Solo Performance J pipes, Magnaflow Resonators x 2

340rwhp Dyno

Old 03-26-2019, 03:17 PM   #20
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
Mine is basically stock with a Spectre intake. A fresh tune and now get about 21mpg in the traffic of Houston. Oh it's a 6 speed manual if that make a difference.
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:08 PM   #21
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Pumping up the tires with a few more PSI would net you more gaIns in MPG than going to a higher octane fuel.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:21 AM   #22
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Pumping up the tires with a few more PSI would net you more gaIns in MPG than going to a higher octane fuel.
this is true because many professional dyno shops do this but for rwhp gain reasons

340rwhp Dyno

Old 03-27-2019, 11:23 AM   #23
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blkgrayRS View Post
Mine is basically stock with a Spectre intake. A fresh tune and now get about 21mpg in the traffic of Houston. Oh it's a 6 speed manual if that make a difference.
yeah manual gets lower fuel economy but it also depends on how you shift.. on my manual cruze i get 6.9L/100KM which is 40mpg (better than advertised fuel economy)

340rwhp Dyno

Old 03-30-2019, 03:34 AM   #24
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
I get 23mpg all local driving very hilly using regular fuel. 2015 2lt v6 all stock.
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote