Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-10-2019, 11:01 AM   #1
Morgan.13

Drives: 2011 camaro 1ss
Pcv help

Howdy, I’m in the middle of my blower install and I was wondering how people are routing their pcv line off the passenger side valve covers? Do I just run it to the intake tube? I don’t want to add pressure to the crankcase though? If someone could give me some clarity on this that would be awesome!
Morgan.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:44 AM   #2
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
You could install a check valve in-line so that boost can't go back into the crankcase. I'd also suggest adding a crankcase breather, like this one

-Scott

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:08 PM   #3
Morgan.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanntexas View Post
You could install a check valve in-line so that boost can't go back into the crankcase. I'd also suggest adding a crankcase breather, like this one

-Scott

That’s what I was thinking, but I wasn’t sure if other people were doing that. And wow that’s a pretty nice set up, I don’t have the stock valve covers so I’m not sure that would work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2019, 02:39 PM   #4
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
I would second the breather that replaces the oil fill cap - it should be one way - lets pressure out but doesn't let un-metered air in. The tube on the passenger side valve cover should go to the filter on the supercharger (or at least pre-MAF). What are you doing for valley cover barb (out) and the barb behind the throttle body (in)? That is where I mounted my catch can and used a one-way valve from the valley barb to the dirty side of the catchcan. Clean side to barb behind throttle body.

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:44 PM   #5
Morgan.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by racesloth View Post
I would second the breather that replaces the oil fill cap - it should be one way - lets pressure out but doesn't let un-metered air in. The tube on the passenger side valve cover should go to the filter on the supercharger (or at least pre-MAF). What are you doing for valley cover barb (out) and the barb behind the throttle body (in)? That is where I mounted my catch can and used a one-way valve from the valley barb to the dirty side of the catchcan. Clean side to barb behind throttle body.

So basically I need to find a way to tap into the filter on the supercharger to pull air out of the valve cover? I’m also installing a catch can in between the valley cover and intake manifold. I didn’t add a one way check valve but I will now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2019, 03:05 PM   #6
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
for the filter I just drilled hole to fit a 90deg T fitting that fit the ID of hose that came with the kit 1/4" ID I think. Just make the hole in the filter on the small side so you have work a bit to press it into the filter.

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote