Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #85
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
it's simply a GREAT TIME to be a Camaro Enthusiast.

One year ago we unveiled the car at NY - and we had so very many nay-sayers......

.........and then we announced the price and people had fits.......and we told you that you'd be blown away by the performance.

Well -- that day is here..........and the results are in magazines on the news stands.

For those of you who "kept the faith" -- many many many thanks from "Team Camaro" --
So you build a car that most consumers will not own and you want a pat on the back because you built a dedicated track car with a $75K price tag? Hmm. Kudos for building a road course car.
I've been with this 5th Gen journey since 2009 and I'm sorry you lost me hence why I no longer own one. I guess since I purchased 5, 5th Gens and every trim level pretty much I no longer kept the faith. :( Shame on me. I held my breath long enough to think an afford Z28 would be offered, and I was wrong.

Let me know when you produce the Z28 without the slash. Until then ill look to see what the 6th has to offer.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #86
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I've asked you multiple times what th Z28 is to you but you never answer. By the fact that you have owned 5 5th gens and still aren't happy, I can tell you will never be happy with the 5th gen. I highly doubt building a Z28 would do it because the SS basically is the Z28 and the 1LE improves upon it.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #87
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I've asked you multiple times what th Z28 is to you but you never answer. By the fact that you have owned 5 5th gens and still aren't happy, I can tell you will never be happy with the 5th gen. I highly doubt building a Z28 would do it because the SS basically is the Z28 and the 1LE improves upon it.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #88
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
What are you saying, some people are never satisfied?
Old 04-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #89
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
What are you saying, some people are never satisfied?
I'm saying his user name is a lie.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #90
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
I'm saying his user name is a lie.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:17 AM   #91
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Haven't really paid much attention to you honestly and I don't mean that to be disrespectful. And I don't come on this forum as much since I no longer own a Camaro. But to answer your question. I was introduced to the Z28 from the 4th Gen. I can only speak for myself but the Z/28 doesn't hold much significance as I wasn't around in that era.

From my understanding apparently Chevrolet messed up with the whole Z28 to begin with since it didnt hold up to its name compared to (the original Z/28). Which that could be said to some but for me it wasn't. I saw an affordable vehicle that I still to this day see on roads and at that age I knew I wanted a Z28. Fast forward years later and a Z/28 is $75K and now he is claiming they are backing to its original roots. I must have missed something...

My name has nothing to do with my choice of cars. You must be content in your everyday life. You have no goals? I'm sure you do and I'm also sure you want to constantly strive for something greater whatever that may be. Were you satisfied after your first piece of ass? I'm sure you weren't and wanted more or less. In anycase you weren't satisfied. So in other words I'm not the lie, stop lying to yourself. Smh.

You own a '98 Z28, do you know how much the original MSRP was in '98 and the purpose of the car?
Old 04-10-2014, 12:29 AM   #92
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Haven't really paid much attention to you honestly and I don't mean that to be disrespectful. And I don't come on this forum as much since I no longer own a Camaro. But to answer your question. I was introduced to the Z28 from the 4th Gen. I can only speak for myself but the Z/28 doesn't hold much significance as I wasn't around in that era.

From my understanding apparently Chevrolet messed up with the whole Z28 to begin with since it didnt hold up to its name compared to (the original Z/28). Which that could be said to some but for me it wasn't. I saw an affordable vehicle that I still to this day see on roads and at that age I knew I wanted a Z28. Fast forward years later and a Z/28 is $75K and now he is claiming they are backing to its original roots. I must have missed something...

My name has nothing to do with my choice of cars. You must be content in your everyday life. You have no goals? I'm sure you do and I'm also sure you want to constantly strive for something greater whatever that may be. Were you satisfied after your first piece of ass? I'm sure you weren't and wanted more or less. In anycase you weren't satisfied. So in other words I'm not the lie, stop lying to yourself. Smh.
FS, you realize the car you are asking for would be a lesser car to the ZL1 right? if the ZL1 doesn't "satisfy" you then how do you expect a "Z28" (which is pretty much an SS or 1LE) to? Help me understand.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:47 AM   #93
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post

You own a '98 Z28, do you know how much the original MSRP was in '98 and the purpose of the car?
The reason I keep asking is because there has to be something more to your desire for a Z28 than just the badge.

I love Chevelles. Every time I see a clean Chevelle driving down the road I stare. Every time I work on my 70 and go home after hours of frustration, I focus on the end goal. Having not just a car but THE car. No car makes me feel something like the 70 Chevelle. The way it looks, the way they sound, the feeling I got when I drove it.

I feel that way about the 1LE. When I test drove one, I knew I had to have it. One day, I will own one, be if a 5th gen or possible 6th gen. I don't care if they call it a ABC, a 1-LE or what ever. If they make the car, I want it.

I enjoy my 98 Z28. Maybe I don't love it the same because it needs work and I'm too focused on the Chevelle to do it, but I want a clean LS1 Camaro some day. I like the Catfish more than most but I don't look at the Z28 badge as anything more than a marketing plan. Same as the current SS Camaros. They needed something to call them and used that badge. Not necessarily with any connection to the previous cars that had them. I think dropping the slash was a sign that even Chevy knew it wasn't the same.

Yes, I have goals. I am an engineering student. If I didn't have goals, there is no way I would have made it this far into my degree. Most people don't. I just found your name ironic.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:28 AM   #94
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
FS, you realize the car you are asking for would be a lesser car to the ZL1 right? if the ZL1 doesn't "satisfy" you then how do you expect a "Z28" (which is pretty much an SS or 1LE) to? Help me understand.
The ZL1 satisfied me to be honest. I wont go back to the '12 model year however. But I needed a 4dr car for atleast 2-3 years then ill most likely go back depending on the 6th Gen. Ill be done with my orders around that time frame.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:37 AM   #95
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
The reason I keep asking is because there has to be something more to your desire for a Z28 than just the badge.

I love Chevelles. Every time I see a clean Chevelle driving down the road I stare. Every time I work on my 70 and go home after hours of frustration, I focus on the end goal. Having not just a car but THE car. No car makes me feel something like the 70 Chevelle. The way it looks, the way they sound, the feeling I got when I drove it.

I feel that way about the 1LE. When I test drove one, I knew I had to have it. One day, I will own one, be if a 5th gen or possible 6th gen. I don't care if they call it a ABC, a 1-LE or what ever. If they make the car, I want it.

I enjoy my 98 Z28. Maybe I don't love it the same because it needs work and I'm too focused on the Chevelle to do it, but I want a clean LS1 Camaro some day. I like the Catfish more than most but I don't look at the Z28 badge as anything more than a marketing plan. Same as the current SS Camaros. They needed something to call them and used that badge. Not necessarily with any connection to the previous cars that had them. I think dropping the slash was a sign that even Chevy knew it wasn't the same.

Yes, I have goals. I am an engineering student. If I didn't have goals, there is no way I would have made it this far into my degree. Most people don't. I just found your name ironic.
I see where your coming from. I keep saying the Z28 because that what I saw. That's how we identify whatever is we want or like. First it was the IROC-Z that my best friends Mom had. Then the Z28 and once the 5th Gen was introduced I had to have it. I knew of the SS trim but seeing the Z28's I knew I wanted the Z28 as that is what I knew of. I didn't know the breakdown or the history and all that at that time. I still don't to this day just because what I thought I knew was wrong all this time. Now years later Chevy was introduced to remake the hallowed car but it's definitely what I was expecting.

I wish you much success on your engineering plan. My name has many meanings btw,
Old 04-10-2014, 11:19 PM   #96
Joey0995

Drives: BMW
The z/28 seems to be a very good track car. But comparison tests like this really aren't very good for a couple of reasons. The obvious, these cars aren't in the same category.
1. 6cyl AWD twin turbo vs v8 rwd n/a.
2. Track built vs street car
3. Cost.
I say cost because if you look at the gtrs track version (their track version would be like the z28 in a sense), you would have to spend 200k. But that would be more comparable since it was designed to run on a track. That car would smash the guts right out of any camaro. Look at the track times as tested for it. It ran the "ring" in 7:09 which is insane. Shit, even the regular version ran it in 7:19 and did it faster than the zr1. The z28 would not be capable of such a time.

That said, I think for the value, the z28 is a steal for a track edition. But I would rather a gtr for a multi-purpose vehicle.
Joey0995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:59 PM   #97
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey0995 View Post
The z/28 seems to be a very good track car. But comparison tests like this really aren't very good for a couple of reasons. The obvious, these cars aren't in the same category.
1. 6cyl AWD twin turbo vs v8 rwd n/a.
2. Track built vs street car
3. Cost.
I say cost because if you look at the gtrs track version (their track version would be like the z28 in a sense), you would have to spend 200k. But that would be more comparable since it was designed to run on a track. That car would smash the guts right out of any camaro. Look at the track times as tested for it. It ran the "ring" in 7:09 which is insane. Shit, even the regular version ran it in 7:19 and did it faster than the zr1. The z28 would not be capable of such a time.

That said, I think for the value, the z28 is a steal for a track edition. But I would rather a gtr for a multi-purpose vehicle.
Actually I think that makes the Z/28 even more compelling. David Vs. Goliath, or should I say Godzilla, LOL. The fact it could take on the GT-R is remarkable. I've tracked against them, they are faaaaast. And they are without question both track cars. The standard GT-R is a force to be reckoned with on the track. And the Z/28 did beat the GT-R in this venue, a win is a win. Awesome.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #98
Joey0995

Drives: BMW
I don't want to take anything away from the z28 but to me this test didn't prove anything. A track setup car vs a street car? While I do agree with you that a win is a win, these comparisons they do aren't really valid in my eyes.
Joey0995 is offline   Reply With Quote