Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
Drew NOel
Drew Noel

Drives: '13 1SS 1LE AGM
AAC Style Tail Light Problems - Customer Service Review -

So prior to today I was super happy with my Afterburner V2 from Oracle. The best part was their "Guarantee for Life"

So Three of my LEDS went out - Sucks - So I called them up.

Initial response was great. Purchase the replacement - ship back the original - we'll refund the purchase.

So I get the original and immediately notice it's different. (as long as it looks the same installed... I don't care) But it doesn't WAY dimmer.

So I call them back - Explain the problem and they say they can send me a whole set of the "New Version" I explain to them I don't want a version that you can't see during the day - a Sub Par version if you will of the original and ask them if they can send me the Plasmas. They say they can't upgrade a replacement.... So I ask them why they feel it's right to be able to " Downgrade me to a Dimmer set"

After talking for 20 minutes and even offering to pay the difference for the upgrade to a set with similar brightness - I ask if I can get the current one repaired or replaced with the same one. They say they will see what they can do and ship it out.

Take a look for yourselves at the difference.... I'll post an update next week with what they say... Not a super happy camper right now with this.... and I'm a VERY easy going guy.

Has anyone else had any problems like this?

Last edited by Drew NOel; 05-30-2014 at 11:04 AM. Reason: updating images
Drew NOel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
MR.Sarge

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
Don't see a pic showing the difference. Only see a pic showing burnt LEDs
Old 05-30-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
No Excuses
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
far left is way dimmer from the rest
No Excuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
TheSmokingSuns

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, 2011 Camaro 2LT
Shoot, it's the cop ^^^
TheSmokingSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:25 AM   #5
No Excuses
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmokingSuns View Post
Shoot, it's the cop ^^^
No Excuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #6
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Sorry, but Oracle stuff sucks. They may have a lifetime warranty but when things break or go out constantly, you learn to cut your losses and go with another company

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #7
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I bought the Technostalgia After Burner tail lights. A week after I installed them, one tail light had 3 LED out. I called them and requested I send it back. Within a week I had the replacement back. Great service.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:02 PM   #8
Drew NOel
Drew Noel

I have no problem replacing them as long as they get replaced correctly! Having different brightness levels is super annoying to me.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:12 PM   #9
ss04flores
2012 Camaro SS

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew NOel View Post
I have no problem replacing them as long as they get replaced correctly! Having different brightness levels is super annoying to me.
!00 % with you. Seems like you're just trying to get your car repaired. I wanted their tail lights but thanks for the heads up. Hope it gets resolved.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #10
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
That really sucks, they should have better service.
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:27 PM   #11
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew NOel View Post
I can't believe they think it's acceptable to have one light with a completely different brightness.

I was planning on getting the plasma afterburners, but that is a lot of work and money if it isn't going to last...
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #12
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Oracle has really been sucking it up lately.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #13
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I've seen issues like this for over 4 years that I've been involved with this forum. I had one of the first sets of their non-RS fog light bulbs on my car and had the tabs break off in my hand during install. They wouldn't replace them because I had already opened the package and installed them. I cut my loss and went with another brand. I still have a set of Oracle ballasts for my HID lights. I had one go out within a couple months and I learned quickly about their repair/return policies. Luckily for me I haven't had an issue since then but like someone else mentioned once the next one goes out I'll be cutting ties and moving to a set of Morimoto ballasts from TheRetrofitSource.com.

I really like the looks of AAC's afterburner taillights but I've never been willing to buy them because I know the LED will eventually go out and I would have to try to deal with their customer servers. No thanks! I'll just live without afterburner lights.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:33 PM   #14
Drew NOel
Drew Noel

I'm hoping it gets resolved. I really had no issues with the company prior to this and really liked the products. It's just such a process to remove the lights / open them up / remove / replace / solder etc that I don't want to do it unless absolutely necessary... already did it once today to one light.... doing it tall of them would take a full day just about.