Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #113
Theresa J

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Dark Blue Metallic
Hi. My beloved Camaro is a 2010 RS that is dark blue metallic. Your "Perceived Paint Mismatch" bulletin does not explain why the gas cap cover doesn't match the side of the car (a problem perceived by many others on this post). I do perceive that metallic paint looks different from different angles. However, it is the perception of myself, and everyone else who has seen my car, that my gas cap and side panel are two different colors. This was true when I bought my car but was much less noticeable. Now it is very noticable and the mismatch is clearly between plastic and metal parts (even if they are perceived in the same light from the same angle). I will take to the dealership and see if they have a more customer-friendly perception since it appears this paint problem will only get worse.
Theresa J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #114
Theresa J

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Dark Blue Metallic
I bought my car in September of 2009. I thought (and still do) that the 2010 Camaro was the most beautiful design ever. I told myself the paint mismatch, it was just a trick of the light, or that I was seeing things. But over the years, it has gotten so noticable that it no longer makes me happy to look at my vehicle. Other people even comment on it. So today I decided to search and see if anyone else was experiencing this issues. Be happy that your vehicle doesn't have the problem. Don't bash others who are no so lucky...
Theresa J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #115
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Wow, I'm choking from the dust off this old thread.
They never match perfect, especially the plastic parts to the metal. It's been like this as far back as I can remember.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote