Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-01-2018, 07:47 AM   #1
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Cheese

so I've found myself to be a cheese snob lately. I've always enjoyed the sharp stuff, cracker barrel sharp cheddar being what started me off years ago.

I've moved on to cabot seriously sharp, being my go to, until lately.

I've come across Old Croc extra sharp cheddar (Australian brand). man. this stuff is the best I've had. I'm talking about addiction level of loving it. It's crumblier than the cabot, I can't hardly slice it, but it melts well on whatever you put it on.

anybody got any suggestions on good cheese?
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:44 AM   #2
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
My wife and I have always loved cheese, crackers and whine, sharp cheddar being my favorite.

So I started the Atkins diet two weeks ago and luckily cheese is one of the few things I can eat. Last week I discovered smoked mozzarella by accident. Muy bueno.

Lack of wine and crackers hurts though.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:48 AM   #3
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
The block of Velveeta works for me! You can find it in the refrigerated aisle or in the non-refrigerated aisle. It's like magic!!
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:07 AM   #4
Syclone

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Smoked gouda mac and cheese with bacon!
Old 10-01-2018, 11:11 AM   #5
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I like pepper jack cheese.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:06 PM   #6
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
I like pepper jack cheese.
I love pepper jack cheese!
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #7
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Spent time with a previous employer in Gouda Holland and it became my favorite. Now everyone here makes it, but no one says it correctly! I promise there is no oooooh sound like something gooey you stepped in. Think more like the sound you get when you hork up something gooey when you have a head cold!

The stuff here is nothing like what you get in the town square, but I still like it. Love it when my friend visits and I can get the real deal.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:30 PM   #8
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Cracker Barrel?

Get yourself some Tillamook! IDK if you have a King Soopers/Krogers Signature store around you, but they have a nice little area dedicated to just cheese!

Get some Fontina for a nice mild cheese to Double Gloucester to make your mouth pucker!

In Houston, back in the 80's and 90's, there was a place in Westbury Square called The Cheese Man. Wonderful fondue and cheese plates, with a nice imported beer selection. Man that was a great place to have a nice little lunch!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:04 PM   #9
Sinister10

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Muenster has my vote.
2010 2SS/RS 6M, MGW flatstick, CAI cold air intake, SLP loudmouth 2 axleback, TSP 1 7/8 headers w/ hfc, pfadt 1" springs, SRP pedals, emblempros "6.2L" emblems on hood, ZL1 grill, M/T SC-5 wheels, nitto motivo 275f 315r. ZL1 addons wickerbill, smoked lenses, resonator delete x pipe, diode dynamics DRLs 1LE suede steering wheel, mighty mouse CC. SCTX4 and Dyno Steve tune.
Sinister10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:30 PM   #10
Donald

Drives: Just a dream...
Wife is a cheese-a-holic. Muenster or brie is her go to. Brie melted into some garlic bread is like crack for her. My go to is a smoked goodua or gruyere (when I have a little extra to spend on myself).
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:51 PM   #11
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
OK, here's a cheese a LOT of people don't know about, yet is one of the best sharp white cheddar's out there. I know about it because it comes from the college I went to (Washington State University). It's called Cougar Gold. You can really only get it directly mailed to you, and doesn't come in stores (except a few in the Seattle area and Pullman, WA.

It comes in a can, which is weird to some people...it's still an amazing cheese that literally has crystals and pops on your taste buds like nothing you've ever had. Trust me on this...if you haven't tried it, you should.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:52 PM   #12
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Cracker Barrel?

Get yourself some Tillamook! IDK if you have a King Soopers/Krogers Signature store around you, but they have a nice little area dedicated to just cheese!

Get some Fontina for a nice mild cheese to Double Gloucester to make your mouth pucker!

In Houston, back in the 80's and 90's, there was a place in Westbury Square called The Cheese Man. Wonderful fondue and cheese plates, with a nice imported beer selection. Man that was a great place to have a nice little lunch!
For a common store cheese, Tillamook is one of the best. Still, if you live in the areas that sells Tillamook (Pacific Northwest), you should try Cougar Gold like I said above.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:04 AM   #13
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
The only thing State does decently. They're known for their edam. https://msucheese.com/
Old 10-02-2018, 03:24 AM   #14
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
Muenster and swiss cheese for me. Growing up in a German home, we always had a lot of cheese, bread and liverwurst mmmm!
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote