Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-14-2023, 04:32 PM   #1
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
BAP took a Crap?

2010 SS with a Whipple, BT Cam, Elite X-2 Can, etc.
Recently getting a no start - cranks and dies immediately. No Codes.
Read some things about the MSD BAP included with the Whipple kit, and that people were posting of a high failure rate, and when they fail, it can cause a no start condition.

I have already thrown parts $$$ at the car, and and inspected all connections in chasing the issue. I don't suspect a bad fuel pump as the car has stayed running after numerous try's to start it. Then it won't start again.

So my neighbor was over and the extra set of eyes found the throttle opens slightly when trying to start the car then shuts and the car dies. I moves when applying the throttle. So not TB or Pedal issue - I replaced them.

BUT - the MSD Boost a Pump LED would not stay lit, and would flash when the ignition was keyed - With the Key on, the LED on the MSD BAP starts steady Red, than blinks out, then one flash, then 3 flashes, then out. I am getting a laptop and will download their software to see if it is code.

Can anyone share their experience with the MSD BAP in the Whipple Kit, any Failures, Codes from it, and how to test or bypass it as a test?
It ain't cheap to replace.
hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 05:28 PM   #2
Surfdog SS

Drives: 2015 SS Black/Black
According to the manual, it will blink 2 digit codes
Attached Images

2015 2SS M6 Stainless Power LT header w/ hf cats, NPP axle backs, ECS Novi 1500 SC, ATI 10% UD, BMR 1.25 springs, trailing arms, and bushings, short thow shifter, Z28 replica rims, BTR stage 2 centrifugal cam, zl1 pump, FIC 1000, and flex fuel
Surfdog SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 05:41 PM   #3
Surfdog SS

Drives: 2015 SS Black/Black
When I Google open load #13 I saw where it's was leak on the vacuum line.
2015 2SS M6 Stainless Power LT header w/ hf cats, NPP axle backs, ECS Novi 1500 SC, ATI 10% UD, BMR 1.25 springs, trailing arms, and bushings, short thow shifter, Z28 replica rims, BTR stage 2 centrifugal cam, zl1 pump, FIC 1000, and flex fuel
Surfdog SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 08:48 AM   #4
johnnyb305mia

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Here is a piece of good advice. Don't cheap out on fuel and get you something that fits your needs. BAP is nothing I would ever reconned to anybody.
johnnyb305mia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 11:18 AM   #5
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Thanks Guy's -

Seems "Code 13" may be normal per the video I found on the web. Not sure how it relates to a leak on the vacuum line?

I have attached some pics as my installation (done by my Dyno Tuner) seems to generally follow the Whipple instructions, but I noticed there is NOT a 25A fuse on the Positive Main feed wire. See pic with my finger on it. And my Orange 12v Trigger wire runs to the engine bay and is spliced into the Intercooler Harness, and in that harness loop is a 10A fuse and a relay, both tested OK. All fuses are OK, and a new Battery.
SO it seems I am getting 12v to the MSD or the LED light would not work, but maybe not a 12v trigger signal due to a short or something, I can test this. And there should be 12v going from the feed wire into the fuse block in the trunk attached to the FPCM fuse slot with a 30A fuse. If there is no voltage there, then the pump ain't running, hence my car won't run?
The friggin' Codes listed by the MSD Instructions tell you what they are, but I can't seem to find WTF they mean or what to look for. And their software link sucks as I can't find the software for the BAP to run and diagnose this brick. If I can figure out how to SAFELY bypass this. it would let me know it IS something wrong with the BAP?
Frustrated and pissed off with this electrical crap.
At least I have my Bandit - good 'ole school stuff. Last Pic parked next to my not running 2010 SS Camaro at the car show.
Attached Images

Last edited by hesster; 07-15-2023 at 11:30 AM.
hesster is offline   Reply With Quote