Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-13-2015, 09:58 PM   #99
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
So your car is the most usable fast as you were saying but can only go fast on a prepped surface?? Hows that work? Doesn't seem that great for the street.

Runs the same 136mph as you. Dyno'd like 730 might be a little higher now. But the important part is the DA and heat that I run 10.8's in, all the fastest local PD camaro5's couldn't even run 10's.
As I already said I don't race on the street. I already know the outcome. No traction and I put lives in danger, so no bueno.

So its safe to say you have 80-100 more HP but on a prepped surface you were only able to get a 10.8? Aren't turbos the most efficient regardless of DA? Hmmmm
nyny69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:12 PM   #100
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
As I already said I don't race on the street. I already know the outcome. No traction and I put lives in danger, so no bueno.

So its safe to say you have 80-100 more HP but on a prepped surface you were only able to get a 10.8? Aren't turbos the most efficient regardless of DA? Hmmmm
Meh. Whipple with a cam and boltons should be close to the same power as me. But they go down every time with a laundry list of excuses.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:14 PM   #101
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
We are all so fast on the internet aren't we
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:18 PM   #102
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Yep ,Only a handful of people got to ride in this car and all they could say was - WOW!

2 are on this forum

I challenge this forum to find such numbers like this in a turbo or centri at 3000rpm

BTW - Yes I have Turbo Graphs that make BIG POWER AND TORQUE but not like this Heartbeat
Why didn't I take this thing for a rip when I had the chance.
It sure would be cool to have something like this when I grow up.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:20 PM   #103
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Seriously though AGP. I know you make your living off turbos. And your kit is awesome. But your a car guy and you know damn well that all these power adders have a place. You need to stop the bashing of others and stick with what your system can do. No harm in admitting that other systems can do well. A little grace goes a ways. You don't need to hunt out and kill other set ups to sell more of what you have. Your kit kicks ass and puts out awesome numbers. You don't need to bash others. Just go positive with what you got. And rein in your fanboy horses around here too. It's all getting just a bit thick and distracting your system in a negative way that you just don't need.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:20 PM   #104
nyny69

Quote:
Meh. Whipple with a cam and boltons should be close to the same power as me. But they go down every time with a laundry list of excuses.
Show me all the AGP cars on this list again, I'm having a hard time finding them.
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2015, 10:21 PM   #105
nyny69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
Seriously though AGP. I know you make your living off turbos. And your kit is awesome. But your a car guy and you know damn well that all these power adders have a place. You need to stop the bashing of others and stick with what your system can do. No harm in admitting that other systems can do well. A little grace goes a ways. You don't need to hunt out and kill other set ups to sell more of what you have. Your kit kicks ass and puts out awesome numbers. You don't need to bash others. Just go positive with what you got. And rein in your fanboy horses around here too. It's all getting just a bit thick and distracting your system in a negative way that you just don't need.

And like I'm really not bashing your kit. Nobody has said it's a bad kit. If it was guaranteed that just swapping my blower for your kit would make me faster in the 1/4 I'd consider it. I'm not looking to run the marathon mile or street race... And that was all that I was pointing out.

Last edited by nyny69; 05-13-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:26 PM   #106
davisonss

Drives: 2014 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Even if you could find a PD blower that puts out 700 at redline, it will be heat soaked in a few seconds and after three gears worth of pull will be down 20-30% power.
You sort of skipped over and missed my point earlier about TT's hold more tq to redline than PD's. It was in response to your pointing out to torque drop off on a stock LS3 turbo. That fall off is on a stock cam. Look at a stock cam PD car, it down 125lbft lower at redline than the turbo at the same boost.
Seen the comment but didn't realize what you were trying to point out till the cam. Both systems need a cam FI friendly cam to breath optimally.

If a roll race isn't determined before a heartbeat is heatsoaked then it's not going to be determined. I don't street race, but even all the clowns on youtube and whatnot don't go that fast for that long.
davisonss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:31 PM   #107
AGP Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
Show me all the AGP cars on this list again, I'm having a hard time finding them.
What list is that? Got lots of customers that have run times all over that list. Couple 9 second time slips have been posted on our kit. Sorry if we didn't notify you personally to get on your favorite list.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:43 PM   #108
nyny69

Quote:
What list is that? Got lots of customers that have run times all over that list. Couple 9 second time slips have been posted on our kit. Sorry if we didn't notify you personally to get on your favorite list.
That list was pulled from the drag racing section. Maybe you've heard of it. "Power adders stock displacement". You've said a lot of stuff tonight aand haven't backed anything up. Where are these timeslips? These are 1/4 slips and not 1/8 your talking about I hope.

In all seriousness, you are the biggest turbo vendor on Camaro5 at the moment and if you have guys running 9s and are not pimping it out your doing it all wrong.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:08 PM   #109
AGP Turbo

Meh, not sure I care about an oddball list like that, stock displacement???? Plus that's really up to the customers to put themselves on it. Nothing I can do about it. We're making more power with less mods needed than anyone, every day and it's common knowledge. What the customers want to do with that power is entirely up to them. But I know we haven't had any that under performed. And I don't think anyone has built a real drag car with one of our kits yet, so I'm not dissapointed with no 8sec cars.
But this is the FI section so I will continue to tout that I believe we have the best power adder avalible. You can accept or deny that but the chassis setup and VHT numbers only blur the facts of what power adder makes the most power.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:32 PM   #110
nyny69

Quote:
Meh, not sure I care about an oddball list like that, stock displacement???? Plus that's really up to the customers to put themselves on it. Nothing I can do about it. We're making more power with less mods needed than anyone, every day and it's common knowledge. What the customers want to do with that power is entirely up to them. But I know we haven't had any that under performed. And I don't think anyone has built a real drag car with one of our kits yet, so I'm not dissapointed with no 8sec cars.
But this is the FI section so I will continue to tout that I believe we have the best power adder avalible. You can accept or deny that but the chassis setup and VHT numbers only blur the facts of what power adder makes the most power.
Ok. I give up. You go ahead and continue to live in dreamy bench racing land. I'll stick to what's actually proven, the track. Races are not won on dyno sheets. Oh, you didn't get that memo
Old 05-14-2015, 12:56 AM   #111
Scuzz

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
If you take two cars both running 700 rwhp, one from turbo and one from a PD blower. I just don't see the disadvantage on the PD.

I feel from this whole thread you are either arguing potential, which really isn't the case, considering the person asked to stop at a specific HP, that both methods can achieve.

The other argument you're giving is heat, once again I don't really see this as a problem with the new heartbeat and a bigger heat exchanger.

So case in point with the specific situation of running 700rwhp on a stock displacement block, turbos don't have a advantage. Not at least one that I could tell from reading all these posts.
Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:04 AM   #112
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzz View Post
If you take two cars both running 700 rwhp, one from turbo and one from a PD blower. I just don't see the disadvantage on the PD.

I feel from this whole thread you are either arguing potential, which really isn't the case, considering the person asked to stop at a specific HP, that both methods can achieve.

The other argument you're giving is heat, once again I don't really see this as a problem with the new heartbeat and a bigger heat exchanger.

So case in point with the specific situation of running 700rwhp on a stock displacement block, turbos don't have a advantage. Not at least one that I could tell from reading all these posts.
I doubt a bigger heat exchanger is even necessary with our SC man. Our blowers run what, 20 to 30+ degree's cooler then all others as is. Throw a little meth and a nice PD cam into the equation and you've got yourself a ripper.

I looked into turbo's but for what i do.. Mostly what the OP does as well* i went with the setup i have.. And i weighed my options for a while..
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote