Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #71
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I think this Z/28 is gonna sell like hot-cakes...(to three or four people so far, anyways...lol)....
Make that 5 people i am moving some land and buying this bad boy.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #72

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Make that 5 people i am moving some land and buying this bad boy.
Ofer, you should have the price of this thing down to a gnat's-ass!...lol...
What's the problem?...lol...

P.S. If you need a deck-hand for your Z/28, I'm available...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #73
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Ofer, you should have the price of this thing down to a gnat's-ass!...lol...
What's the problem?...lol...

P.S. If you need a deck-hand for your Z/28, I'm available...lol...
Any time you know that.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #74
Boris632

Drives: 1955 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Owned a '68 in '69. Any more questions? "So here's my number. Call me, maybe?!"

[You knew The Biebs helped Carly Rae Jepsen launch her career, eh?]

BTW, the Belieber reference was for those "of an age", baby-baby, who protest the Z/28's pricing...while anxiously awaiting a diecast version to arrive, in lieu of having a valid driver's license and/or the wherewithal regardless of final pricing...which BTW is still sometime off into the future...

As mentioned earlier, if you're truly considering a $40ish expenditure, and want the most VIR-friendly NEW 4-seater at that price, 1LE is the one for thee... In fact, for '14, it's really your ONLY choice. Bye-Bye BOSS.
I agree with the 1LE and the more i research the more i think this is the way i will go.

If I had to have the Z/28 even at 70k i could walk into a dealership and drive one home. Im not scoffing at the price because I can't afford it. I am doing so because the price (for me atleast) to build a 69 Z/28 comes out to about 60k. At this point do I go new or do I build one for myself?

I already have a 55 Bel Air with a big block for drag racing duties. I am looking for an all around car now.

As for your Bieber/Jespen references - I was driving home with Slayer's Season in the Abyss in my CD player. I don't care for the bubble gum music and honestly the fact that you know about some of this stuff is well kind of creepy
Boris632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #75
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
GM publically announced that the 2014 Z/28 is going to be the most expensive Camaro ever offered.

So with that in mind, leaving the 2013 COPO base model at $86,000 out of this to appease most here...

I just went over to Chevy.com and here is the current most expensive Camaro offered, the 2013 ZL1 Vert.

Look below, see where is says Total MSRP $69,565 ???

Now Z/28 fans, start from above this number as GM has made it clear that the Z/28 is going to be even more.

What part of "most expensive Camaro ever offered" don't ya get ??? LOL !!!
You can't use the most optioned ZL-1 as a starting point. Everyone knows you don't compare things like this. What they're stating is it'll be more expensive than the MSRP of $54,995 base priced ZL-1. $60-64,995 for the Z/28. Out the door, $70k

It's a Chevrolet. Not a corvette, not a Cadillac not Mercedes or Porsche or BMW. Chevrolet equates to value. $70-80k as MSRP is utterly ridiculous.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #76
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
You can't use the most optioned ZL-1 as a starting point. Everyone knows you don't compare things like this. What they're stating is it'll be more expensive than the MSRP of $54,995 base priced ZL-1. $60-64,995 for the Z/28. Out the door, $70k

It's a Chevrolet. Not a corvette, not a Cadillac not Mercedes or Porsche or BMW. Chevrolet equates to value. $70-80k as MSRP is utterly ridiculous.
The current most expensive Camaro costs $69,565. That's right now, today. How can the Z/28 be both the most expensive Camaro EVER, and at the same time be less than the most optioned ZL-1 ? That would make the ZL-1 Vert the "MOST EXPENSIVE CAMARO EVER" and would mean that GM is just blowing smoke when they publicly say otherwise?

So even though GM states that the Z/28 will be the most expensive Camaro ever, you're saying that the Z/28 is going to be $5 to $10K less than the currently most expensive Camaro?

Lots of wishful pricing logic and daydreaming going on around here. Good luck to all that are truely going to attempt to get one.
Attached Images

#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post

I gotta disagree on this one..."Everyone knows you don't compare things like this"....?....I'd for sure say that applies to how you compare the LS7 to the engine swap for the LS3...lol...

"Most expensive Camaro ever"...to me means just that...above the highest priced, highest optioned model currently available...Yeah, it's a Chevy, but I don't think we'll see a "Biscayne" or Joe Six-Pack discount for the highest priced Camaro ever....
Old 04-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #78
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Doesn't GM use the base coupe as baseline whenever they talk about pricing?

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Doesn't GM use the base coupe as baseline whenever they talk about pricing?
Probably...as a teaser to make the price look low...but it never stays there after you actually look and buy...lol...

Don't foresee a "base coupe" in the Z/28...I think comparing it to other model lines is an exercise in futility, personally....It's a totally different animal, built under a whole different system from development to assembly...Not gonna be cheap...JMHO....
Old 04-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #80
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Probably...as a teaser to make the price look low...but it never stays there after you actually look and buy...lol...

Don't foresee a "base coupe" in the Z/28...I think comparing it to other model lines is an exercise in futility, personally....It's a totally different animal, built under a whole different system from development to assembly...Not gonna be cheap...JMHO....
Well, it only has one option. It's going to have to be built at Oshawa, right? This car is going to have a warranty since it will be a streetable car and have a VIN. It's going to utilize a good portion of standard parts of the Camaro, they are just going to change certain sequences in the plant to assemble the car to make it cost efficient. It's not like they are going to build it like the COPO's.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #81

Quote:
Well, it only has one option. It's going to have to be built at Oshawa, right? This car is going to have a warranty since it will be a streetable car and have a VIN. It's going to utilize a good portion of standard parts of the Camaro, they are just going to change certain sequences in the plant to assemble the car to make it cost efficient. It's not like they are going to build it like the COPO's.
That I couldn't tell you....Just sayin' though if "just change certain sequences in the plant to assemble the car to make it cost efficient.." was the plan, we would have seen mix-'n-match options on all these cars from day one in 2009...

My guess is these will actually be built closer to how they build copos in Michigan, instead of how they build assembly line cars in Oshawa...
To my knowledge, no LS7 engines make it to Oshawa...

True they are not COPO's, but if they weren't street legal, they probably would be...Street legal isn't gonna make them cheaper, just because they aren't COPOs...
Old 04-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #82
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris632 View Post
As for your Bieber/Jespen references - I was driving home with Slayer's Season in the Abyss in my CD player. I don't care for the bubble gum music and honestly the fact that you know about some of this stuff is well kind of creepy
Boris, you're showing a propensity for jumping to unfounded and terribly inaccurate conclusions...and a sense of close-mindedness, that I perceive as "unworldly" and intolerant.

What's my age? Might I be a grandfather? Of tween/teenaged grandchildren? Who listen to what?

Nothing creepy about me, in this regard. You might consider broadening your horizons a smidgeon. It's a pretty cool world, just beyond your "fenceline"...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #83
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
That I couldn't tell you....Just sayin' though if "just change certain sequences in the plant to assemble the car to make it cost efficient.." was the plan, we would have seen mix-'n-match options on all these cars from day one in 2009...

My guess is these will actually be built closer to how they build copos in Michigan, instead of how they build assembly line cars in Oshawa...
To my knowledge, no LS7 engines make it to Oshawa...

True they are not COPO's, but if they weren't street legal, they probably would be...Street legal isn't gonna make them cheaper, just because they aren't COPOs...
Correct, thus far....but all of the motors are shipped in to Oshawa for assembly, why wouldn't the LS7 be any different?

Old 04-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #84

Quote:
Correct, thus far....but all of the motors are shipped in to Oshawa for assembly, why wouldn't the LS7 be any different?
You got me on all that, brother...How, where, what exact procedure they're gonna use to build these I have not heard, or don't know if it even matters...just guessing...