Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-09-2018, 07:29 PM   #15
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I grew up in Cincinnati from 1956 to 1980. Joseph Chevrolet was there when I was a kid. They’re still around for good reason. And this is one!
Old 10-09-2018, 07:54 PM   #16
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Randy Marion in Statesville always took good care of me

Smaller area so having a FBO SS did draw some attention from managers and techs everytime I brought the ole girl in
Old 10-09-2018, 10:08 PM   #17
SharpOldNo7

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Convertible
Since you bought the oil yourself then you qualify for the Mobil1 rebates. That $12 for each of the two 5 qt jugs you purchased. And to whoever posted that they bought the Mobil1 oil and a Mobil1 filter, you get $17 for the combo plus $12 for the extra just of oil you had to buy. See the link below and file it online. Don’t start looking at the retailer list. That’s only a partial listing of the retailers. The only rebate you can’t claim is if you purchased it from Amazon. They have a fall and spring promotion each year.

https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mo...tor-oil-coupon
SharpOldNo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:55 AM   #18
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpOldNo7 View Post
Since you bought the oil yourself then you qualify for the Mobil1 rebates. That $12 for each of the two 5 qt jugs you purchased. And to whoever posted that they bought the Mobil1 oil and a Mobil1 filter, you get $17 for the combo plus $12 for the extra just of oil you had to buy. See the link below and file it online. Don’t start looking at the retailer list. That’s only a partial listing of the retailers. The only rebate you can’t claim is if you purchased it from Amazon. They have a fall and spring promotion each year.

https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mo...tor-oil-coupon
I have used this rebate promotion twice (purchased from Walmart) and have never received the actual rebate. Both times the tracking page said they were mailed and on which days, but still never received the rebates.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:07 AM   #19
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Auto Zone is giving you a free Mobil1 filter with a 5 qt jug (Mobil1) right now. Since you need two jugs you get an extra filter. They even have an 11qt pan, funnel and blue shop towel package for a good price too.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:11 AM   #20
PROZ11

Drives: 2012 RS/2SS, 69 ProStreet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I have used this rebate promotion twice (purchased from Walmart) and have never received the actual rebate. Both times the tracking page said they were mailed and on which days, but still never received the rebates.
I've used the rebate twice and both times got the rebate checks. Also purchased from Wal-Mart. Two 5 qrt. jugs each time. $24 rebate each time. Not sure what I did different, but I got the rebates.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:56 AM   #21
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROZ11 View Post
I've used the rebate twice and both times got the rebate checks. Also purchased from Wal-Mart. Two 5 qrt. jugs each time. $24 rebate each time. Not sure what I did different, but I got the rebates.

Same here, I've done it at least 5x over the last couple years. I think I usually get $17 back with the oil and filter rebate. Pennzoil does one too so I use that in the wife's van.
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:31 PM   #22
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Frankly I use driven racing oil LS30; not stock dexos blend or stock synth Mobil oil not made specifically for modified LS engines. But yes rare are good dealerships compared to stealerships, even Jiffy lube costs me $20 to change my oil with my filter...…. Do not care about a rebate, care about longevity and what the Science is...… and recommendations of those who make the parts I use.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:07 AM   #23
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
There are good dealers and service centers out there. The trick is finding them.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:22 PM   #24
SharpOldNo7

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I have done the purchases during their spring and fall rebate promotions and have always gotten the rebates. Some years I get the $17 for the combos and some years I only do the $12 per jug rebate I have Always received my rebates. Just bought 2 jugs at Walmart for $22.88 each so that makes it $10.88 each jug. I file my rebates online with a picture of the sales receipt uploaded for the rebate submission.
SharpOldNo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:19 AM   #25
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpOldNo7 View Post
I have done the purchases during their spring and fall rebate promotions and have always gotten the rebates. Some years I get the $17 for the combos and some years I only do the $12 per jug rebate I have Always received my rebates. Just bought 2 jugs at Walmart for $22.88 each so that makes it $10.88 each jug. I file my rebates online with a picture of the sales receipt uploaded for the rebate submission.
Yup, that's how I have done it. That is how I can track the status, which states "delivered". It never was.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote