Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #85
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaj18 View Post
I was stopped at a set of lights next to a police officer who asked me if I had time to pull over for a few minutes so he could look at my car. This was about a month after I purchased it. I figured befriending the local police is never a bad thing in a car like this and had time to kill. After he spent 10 minutes raving over the car, he said he was thinking about pulling me over to look at it but didn't think he could catch up on to me once the light turned green.
Niiccceeee!
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #86
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsKiMo HuNtEr66 View Post
The only really cool experience I've had was that I overslept and was running late to school for a test. When I got to the school parking lot I noticed an empty spot close to my class so without hesitation I parked my car and ran as fast as I could to class. When I got out of class I thought I didn't do great on the test and when I got back to my car I noticed a paper that looked like a parking citation on my windshield. I thought great maybe I should check my tires to see if I got a flat seeing that my day couldn't get any worse. When I read the citation it said "Nice car i'll let you off this time. P.S. don't park in the staff only spot." I had no idea that was the reason the spot was open.

Not as good as some of the other stories but it was great for me and I ended up getting a B on my test!!!

Still a good story!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #87
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
I was at a gas station, and a older guy pulled around in his 1980ish toyota truck and says:

Guy: "So what's a ZL1?"
Me: (thinking...wtf? this is ridiculous lol) "It's the fastest production camaro with 580 hp"
Guy: "Cool, how big is the motor?"
Me: "6.2 Liters"
Guy: "What's that?"
Me: (yikes this guy has no idea does he lol) "376 cubic inches"
Guy: "oh....well hopefully it's worth something someday"
Me:
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #88
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
I was at a gas station, and a older guy pulled around in his 1980ish toyota truck and says:

Guy: "So what's a ZL1?"
Me: (thinking...wtf? this is ridiculous lol) "It's the fastest production camaro with 580 hp"
Guy: "Cool, how big is the motor?"
Me: "6.2 Liters"
Guy: "What's that?"
Me: (yikes this guy has no idea does he lol) "376 cubic inches"
Guy: "oh....well hopefully it's worth something someday"
Me:

Some people just have no idea huh?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 AM   #89
Zee-Ell-One
YOOZ GOTA B FREKN KIDN ME

Drives: 2013 6mt ZL1#826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavorwrench View Post
My cousin from out of town was visiting the other day and has never heard of a ZL1. I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride and he hesitantly said "Yeah sure??" About the halfway point of our ride I floored it from a roll in 2nd gear and ole cousin "Nancy" started freaking as slammed 3rd gear. As the ZL1 slowed to a legal speed, out of his mouth comes "I hope this thing has heated seats, if not, I might have just shit my pants!" -CLASSIC
now that is truly funny shit...LOLOL!!!!
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 6.2 L86 Crew Cab
2012 Aprilia RSV4 R
2015 Husqvarna FC450 Motomadness
First Car: 1973 Dodge Charger 340 Magnum 4MT Factory Hurst Pistol Grip Shifter
Zee-Ell-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #90
Zee-Ell-One
YOOZ GOTA B FREKN KIDN ME

Drives: 2013 6mt ZL1#826
ZL1 SICKNESS

I have about 4500 miles on her now.. I've had 2 women, three grown men and a tweener on the brink of vomitting on separate occasions of course...one of those men squeeled like a pigglett for me to slow down and said he saw his life flash before his eyes and thought death was eminent as we entered a 70mph sweeper under hard braking (this dude is all tatted up and rides a harley)..another gal said my car made her wet looking at it... Ive drag raced a beemer 750 to be caught up to by the driver at the next light who asked me, is that barely a better one than the SS holmes?
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 6.2 L86 Crew Cab
2012 Aprilia RSV4 R
2015 Husqvarna FC450 Motomadness
First Car: 1973 Dodge Charger 340 Magnum 4MT Factory Hurst Pistol Grip Shifter
Zee-Ell-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #91
Diseased Yak

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Camaro ZL1
This is the first car I've owned that has gotten this much attention, and I love it. People taking pics with their cell phones, people gawking at you at stop lights, the list goes on and on.

One time, not long after I first got it, I pulled into a local burger joint. I went in and sitting right at the front where he could look out the front window was a sheriff's deputy. He looks at me and goes "Thanks for dropping my car off!"

Another time I was pulling into my apartment complex and an older gentleman (I'd guess in his late 60's) whips in with an old Camaro ('69 I think) beside me. He hops out and goes "IS THAT THE NEW ZL1????!!!!" He says he had seen me drive by a few times but hadn't got a clear look. We spent half an hour just looking around our respective cars and talking about them. Finally, I realize he would probably like to take a rid in the Z, so I asked him "Hey, you got somewhere to be right now?" His eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas morning as he realized what I was asking. "No!" he says. I nodded at my car, "Let's go for a ride." I burned him through a couple of miles and some twisting roads we have near where I live.

I swear I added 10 years to his life, he couldn't sit still he was so excited!
Diseased Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #92
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee-Ell-One View Post
I have about 4500 miles on her now.. I've had 2 women, three grown men and a tweener on the brink of vomitting on separate occasions of course...one of those men squeeled like a pigglett for me to slow down and said he saw his life flash before his eyes and thought death was eminent as we entered a 70mph sweeper under hard braking (this dude is all tatted up and rides a harley)..another gal said my car made her wet looking at it... Ive drag raced a beemer 750 to be caught up to by the driver at the next light who asked me, is that barely a better one than the SS holmes?
That is really Funny!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #93
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...I took mine out today for a ride and waived at a guy with a yellow Camaro with black wheels that looked like a Transformers car and he looked at me with no response....LOL...
Old 03-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #94
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseased Yak View Post
This is the first car I've owned that has gotten this much attention, and I love it. People taking pics with their cell phones, people gawking at you at stop lights, the list goes on and on.

One time, not long after I first got it, I pulled into a local burger joint. I went in and sitting right at the front where he could look out the front window was a sheriff's deputy. He looks at me and goes "Thanks for dropping my car off!"

Another time I was pulling into my apartment complex and an older gentleman (I'd guess in his late 60's) whips in with an old Camaro ('69 I think) beside me. He hops out and goes "IS THAT THE NEW ZL1????!!!!" He says he had seen me drive by a few times but hadn't got a clear look. We spent half an hour just looking around our respective cars and talking about them. Finally, I realize he would probably like to take a rid in the Z, so I asked him "Hey, you got somewhere to be right now?" His eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas morning as he realized what I was asking. "No!" he says. I nodded at my car, "Let's go for a ride." I burned him through a couple of miles and some twisting roads we have near where I live.

I swear I added 10 years to his life, he couldn't sit still he was so excited!

Great "Camaroderie" story Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #95
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
With SEMA having some of best custom cars on display under one roof; my attention getting story is with picture below!

I forgot the guys name, but he stopped me on the way out of the show to talk abou my ZL1

He then introduce me to the host of "Counting Cars" show on the History channel and all I can write is you will see it soon on the show
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #96
MY CA.ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #698
I was out having dinner with a date and could see my ZL1 thru the front window of the building.I looked up and there was several police officers from 5 diff.cities around my car. Some was looking inside with flashlights and the other officers were walking around the car with flashlights.with no front lic.place on the car i thought for sure the officer looking at the front end was going to write me a ticket.after about 20 minutes i went outside to ask if there was any problems.the officers all started laughing and started asking questions about the car.we talked for a very long time.While my date was bored i had a great time talking with the officers.A great evening for sure.lol:flag2:
MY CA.ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #97
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
With SEMA having some of best custom cars on display under one roof; my attention getting story is with picture below!

I forgot the guys name, but he stopped me on the way out of the show to talk abou my ZL1

He then introduce me to the host of "Counting Cars" show on the History channel and all I can write is you will see it soon on the show
Isn't that the show that stars a character called 'The Count' that buys/builds custom hot rods? He wears this ugly black headband that must be 8" high?
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #98
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post

Great looking Z!! This is the one with the wide body conversion,right??

Yeah this guy looks familiar. I also do not remember his name. He also is on one of those shows. Cool story, look forward to seeing your car on an upcoming show.