Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #57
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Ugh...arguments on both sides are flawed.

The GT500 is pretty much in a class of its own unless Chevy decides to make a Z/28 (which seems very unlikely with the new CEO, Barack Obama). It would be more fair to compare the SS to the GT. Or even better, wait and compare it with the new 5.0; that's probably going to be the most equal comparison. But to compare the GT500 to anything is sort of pointless, since there isn't really anything within its power or price range. To say the GT500 destroys the SS is like saying the Corvette destroys a Charger SRT-8; yes, it's true, but they're in completely different ballparks.

As for the whole "Ford has to use f/i and it's no fair," that's not a good argument either since they use much smaller engines. Of course a 5.4 liter engine is going to have to use forced induction to beat a 6.2 liter engine, it's just common sense. Plus, based on what's going on in Congress these days, natural aspiration could be a thing of the past very quickly...
Old 05-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #58
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSRTATE View Post
Agreed there both stock BUT one has F/I one does not, kind of a tough unfair comparison. No real way to even it out as noone but Ford drops S/C in there stock cars.

You hear that Chevy and Dodge GIVE US F/I from the factory!!!!!

End rant.
I think that if they are cars that can be cross shopped they can and should be compared. No one is going to care enough about a car being F/I not to buy it, so I dont care enough to leave it out of a comparison.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #59
K-A

Drives: M-B E350 AMG Sport / '09 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova65 View Post
which one will get the looks?
No way, after the newness of the Camaro wears off and it's another nice looking Sports coupe on the streets we've all see a bajillion times, the GT500 will (and I'll wager even at this moment will give a run for) be a far more massive head turner.

The new GT500 is such a nice f****g looking car it's not even funny, and I HATE the S-197 Mustangs.... Although the new '10's have improved the look overall a bit I think.

This argument is so lame anyway, why cry over who costs more, or who has to use a blower, or who has to use 6+ Liters and who has to use more cylinders.... blah blah. Really think about how redic it is.

The GT500 smokes the SS, it costs more, it is a car in a higher category and you get more out of it, like it or not those are the facts. Plus it's more rare.

The Z06 does the same to the GT500....

Once mods start anyone can go fast, some easier than others, I don't think you can really say too many motors can make more easy power than an F/I 5.4L V8, but the LSx motors have proven they can go as fast as they want with considerably little $$$$.

You can talk all you want about "well it's only a Mustang, blah blah", guess what, Euro car owners say the EXACT same thing about Vette's, some of them speak of the cars like they're Cobalts that can go really fast.

My personal opinion is that the GT500 is amazing and hypothetically I'd LOVE to own one, but I probably wouldn't spend that kind of money on a Mustang (a few years ago I would have), simply because what it offers for the $$ isn't 100% what I look for. I also would never spend Vette money on a Vette, nor would I jump to buy one, although I respect what they can do.
'13 F10 BMW 535i ///M Sport : Jet Black/Black-Anthracite : Premium & Technology Packages/Sport Auto Trans/Camera/Park Distance Control/Heated Seats/Tinted Windows/Blacked Out Markers/Performance Spoiler.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #60
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
No way, after the newness of the Camaro wears off and it's another nice looking Sports coupe on the streets we've all see a bajillion times, the GT500 will (and I'll wager even at this moment will give a run for) be a far more massive head turner.
I think the rest of your post is pretty accurate but I can't imagine that the GT500 has ever been a head turner for ordinary folks. I notice the difference but I guarantee most people wouldn't be able to tell the GT500 from a regular Mustang.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #61
GLBL WMR
Booya

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
This thread is so full of fail that it hurts my brain. Comparing a S/C car to a N/A car that costs $12,000 less is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Why don't you start a thread comparing dildos to bananas. I should hope it "crushes" the Camaro, because you'd be a f*cking idiot to buy one for that kind of cash if it didn't.

For the tenth time - we are happy for you Mustang boys, we really are. Chalk this one up as a victory and be proud of it. Anything to put off seeing this ass backwards comparison for another few weeks, until somebody feels the need to start the same thread again.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #62
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
Ugh...arguments on both sides are flawed.

The GT500 is pretty much in a class of its own unless Chevy decides to make a Z/28 (which seems very unlikely with the new CEO, Barack Obama). It would be more fair to compare the SS to the GT. Or even better, wait and compare it with the new 5.0; that's probably going to be the most equal comparison. But to compare the GT500 to anything is sort of pointless, since there isn't really anything within its power or price range. To say the GT500 destroys the SS is like saying the Corvette destroys a Charger SRT-8; yes, it's true, but they're in completely different ballparks.

As for the whole "Ford has to use f/i and it's no fair," that's not a good argument either since they use much smaller engines. Of course a 5.4 liter engine is going to have to use forced induction to beat a 6.2 liter engine, it's just common sense. Plus, based on what's going on in Congress these days, natural aspiration could be a thing of the past very quickly...

Agree with all of that, including the Shelby being in a class by itself. Any other cars in the $40k range withe great looks, 500+ HP stock, and ability to crank the boost north of 800HP on stock internals?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #63
vega$
Dreaming Big!

Drives: 06 Silverado CC 4x4 5.3L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestack View Post
Agree with all of that, including the Shelby being in a class by itself. Any other cars in the $40k range withe great looks, 500+ HP stock, and ability to crank the boost north of 800HP on stock internals?
congrats. 500+ crank. just under 50k.. maybe even over with markups for 2010. and even more money to take make that 800 hp. and unless you have drags you'll be spinning all the way to second gear.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #64
K-A

Drives: M-B E350 AMG Sport / '09 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
I think the rest of your post is pretty accurate but I can't imagine that the GT500 has ever been a head turner for ordinary folks. I notice the difference but I guarantee most people wouldn't be able to tell the GT500 from a regular Mustang.
True, most people can't tell a difference between an M3 and a 328i for example. But the front of the new GT500 is unmistakable IMO. The sides and the back fall a bit flat for me (as the S-197 does almost always in those areas), but I think the front and front/side profiles are just amongst the best in the Industry right now.
'13 F10 BMW 535i ///M Sport : Jet Black/Black-Anthracite : Premium & Technology Packages/Sport Auto Trans/Camera/Park Distance Control/Heated Seats/Tinted Windows/Blacked Out Markers/Performance Spoiler.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #65
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
YAWN!

Mine's bigger. No! Mine's bigger. No! Mine is! WAAAAAAAAAAH!

I LOL'D!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:12 AM   #66
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega$ View Post
congrats. 500+ crank. just under 50k.. maybe even over with markups for 2010.
I would not pay $50k for any car. I did pay $42k for mine.

Quote:
and even more money to take make that 800 hp.
The fact that you can take it to ~600RWHP with $2,000 in bolt ons is nice. Don't try that at home.

Quote:
and unless you have drags you'll be spinning all the way to second gear.
Get to the point......
Old 05-20-2009, 08:25 AM   #67
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestack View Post
The fact that you can take it to ~600RWHP with $2,000 in bolt ons is nice. Don't try that at home.
you can make a gt500 600 hp with a pulley and a tune, much less than 2,000 bro, i'm thinkin more of 500-600 dollar range for a tuner and a pulley and dyno time.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #68
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
congrats. 500+ crank. just under 50k.. maybe even over with markups for 2010. and even more money to take make that 800 hp. and unless you have drags you'll be spinning all the way to second gear.
Actually, you would spin through first, second and third on the stock Goodyears. Ask me how I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
you can make a gt500 600 hp with a pulley and a tune, much less than 2,000 bro, i'm thinkin more of 500-600 dollar range for a tuner and a pulley and dyno time.
CAI, pulley and tune might get you 600 at the crank, but not to the wheels. Most of the GT500's I've seen with those mods are in the low-to-mid 500's in rwhp.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #69
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
All N/A Engine over XXX+ rwhp(just a few mods)..c'mere Mr. GT500

Usually I dine on 6 figure exotics but I have been known to snack on GT500's..lol
Old 05-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #70
96CAMaro

Drives: '02 Impreza 2.5RS

Closed Thread