Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 10-25-2020, 10:42 PM   #1
Azurna

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Thoughts on how to improve my 1le track times.

Ok so have had my 1le for roughly 2 years and immediately started modding away. Started bone stock with the ol heavy zl1 wheels running 13.5 and those horrid 2.2 60 footies.

From there I have been improving my times even if its by a tenth every time I go to the track. Now I try to compare my cars times to the fast list guys, but cannot seem to come close to those monsters haha. Btw 1le guys its the wheels that are holding us back from normal m6's.

I feel the car has 11s in it with the mods in my sig, but can't pull it off. I used a journal to keep track as I started with 2k rpm launches and moved up to 5k. Car loved 3k so much that I guess thats where the money is or close. Best two runs out if like 7 passes below all nannies off.

Not in my sig are my F14 drag setup 18x5 w/mickey sr front runners and 17x10 w/mickey bias ply et street rears as well as a spec high pressure stage 3 clutch. Ran with nothing but battery in the trunk no rear seats or passenger seat weighed 3680 on truck scale w/o driver.
2013 1le/M6/Daily CAI, LT, TSP Stage 2 NA Cam, E85, ATI Balancer, Ported Bo White TB, Ported Rod Mod Intake, DSS Driveshaft w/Zl1 Rear end, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings and Trailing Arms, PatG Tuned, and Love.

Last edited by Azurna; 11-16-2020 at 09:50 PM.
Azurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:30 AM   #2
sr530

Drives: Chevy Astro
Too much clutch will limit you to low rpm launches, which also limits your ability to store inertia before the hit. The basic problem is, a diaphragm clutch that gives you enough slip for the best 60' is going to slip too much after the shifts. Your current clutch has enough holding power to control slip after the shifts, it just needs help giving you enough slip for a proper launch. An external clutch hit controller like my Hitmaster system can do that for you.

Grant
sr530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 05:07 PM   #3
Azurna

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr530 View Post
Too much clutch will limit you to low rpm launches, which also limits your ability to store inertia before the hit. The basic problem is, a diaphragm clutch that gives you enough slip for the best 60' is going to slip too much after the shifts. Your current clutch has enough holding power to control slip after the shifts, it just needs help giving you enough slip for a proper launch. An external clutch hit controller like my Hitmaster system can do that for you.

Grant
I am trying to train my left foot to handle any situation lol. I get what you mean it bites down too quick and doesn't seem to let me slip past 4k. Still on the fence on switching over to a twin disk clutch and in doing so swapping to a bigger cam as well. I have noticed some people find it harder to get good 60 foots with the twins given their higher rpm launch.
2013 1le/M6/Daily CAI, LT, TSP Stage 2 NA Cam, E85, ATI Balancer, Ported Bo White TB, Ported Rod Mod Intake, DSS Driveshaft w/Zl1 Rear end, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings and Trailing Arms, PatG Tuned, and Love.
Azurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:23 PM   #4
sr530

Drives: Chevy Astro
Without a clutch hit controller, a twin will be a step in the wrong direction if your goal is better 60's. A clutch with barely enough capacity to hold high gear will be quicker.

Grant
sr530 is offline   Reply With Quote