Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-26-2020, 10:42 AM   #1
2015_1LE_soon

Drives: 2015_1le
Recommendations for reliable shops in SW Ontario

Hey all - I am just looking to hear any feedback from some places inmy area... Toronto or GTA area... did a cam at a shop, but just seeing if there are other shops out there that specialize in the 5th Gen. Looking at having the suspension looked at on the 1le.

Thabks!
2015_1LE_soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #2
Axe55

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Hey man, I got some work done at 2020 Speed in Dundas Ontario, and they were solid. I think they used to be SPI Tuning. They were responsive while setting up the job and scheduling it, and fair on price. I also asked a lot of questions, and they were patient and answered all of them. They do a lot of 5th gens and LS3 vettes, I'm putting down 600 to the wheels and I was one of the lowest power cars in their shop. They installed a fuel pump and injectors and did a dyno tune for me.

I would be careful of Champion Motors in Toronto, they quoted me 12 hours to install the new fuel pump, 2020 quoted me 4 and it was 4.
2012 Camaro SS LS3, JRE Scoop, CAI intake, Whipple Supercharger, Fast 85lb injectors, ZL1 pump, McLeod RXT clutch, MGW shifter, Stainless Power 1 7/8 headers w/HFC, Ridetech coilovers, BMR sway bars, trailing arms, toe rods, cradle bushing inserts, 2020 Speed Tuned.
Axe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:11 PM   #3
2015_1LE_soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe55 View Post
Hey man, I got some work done at 2020 Speed in Dundas Ontario, and they were solid. I think they used to be SPI Tuning. They were responsive while setting up the job and scheduling it, and fair on price. I also asked a lot of questions, and they were patient and answered all of them. They do a lot of 5th gens and LS3 vettes, I'm putting down 600 to the wheels and I was one of the lowest power cars in their shop. They installed a fuel pump and injectors and did a dyno tune for me.

I would be careful of Champion Motors in Toronto, they quoted me 12 hours to install the new fuel pump, 2020 quoted me 4 and it was 4.
Thanks man, appreciate the recommendation.

I was going to take it in this coming week, but we're getting snow on Monday... might store the car this weekend. I'll take it to the shop in the spring. Anyone I should ask for particularly?

Either way, thanks for the referral.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:53 AM   #4
Axe55

No problem. It's a small shop, Alain was the guy I talked to, but I don't think there are too many guys there.

Good call on storing your car, I stored mine last week, seems like we're about done with the good weather.
2012 Camaro SS LS3, JRE Scoop, CAI intake, Whipple Supercharger, Fast 85lb injectors, ZL1 pump, McLeod RXT clutch, MGW shifter, Stainless Power 1 7/8 headers w/HFC, Ridetech coilovers, BMR sway bars, trailing arms, toe rods, cradle bushing inserts, 2020 Speed Tuned.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:56 AM   #5
2015_1LE_soon

Quote:
No problem. It's a small shop, Alain was the guy I talked to, but I don't think there are too many guys there.

Good call on storing your car, I stored mine last week, seems like we're about done with the good weather.

Perfect, I'll be doing that. First thing in May, I'm gonna take it in.

Did these guys do your blower? I just got a blower cam installed at a shop in Newmarket, but I think that the job drove the guy nuts b/c I spray the car twice a year, and they were dripping in oil by the time the job was done LOL! They commented on it lol.

Good work they did though, overall, but now I've got the clunking from both rear corners after they installed the DSE solid cradle mounts... unsure if it's related to the work that they did, or just coincidence...

I want to supercharge it next season, and I think I'll try a diffferent shop, and also get them to look at the rear suspension.

If these guys did your blower, please let me know
Old 10-30-2020, 10:36 AM   #6
Axe55

LOL! That's funny that it was so bad they commented on it.

I did the blower myself, but I think these guys would be capable of it. I've done everything else myself, since I was taking it there for the dyno tune anyways I didn't want to go through the trouble of dropping the fuel tank on jack stands, so I got them to do the fuel pump and injector install.

Which blower are you going with? Sounds like you're going to have a mean machine after that's all done next year!
Old 10-30-2020, 02:59 PM   #7
2015_1LE_soon

Thumbs up

Quote:
LOL! That's funny that it was so bad they commented on it.

I did the blower myself, but I think these guys would be capable of it. I've done everything else myself, since I was taking it there for the dyno tune anyways I didn't want to go through the trouble of dropping the fuel tank on jack stands, so I got them to do the fuel pump and injector install.

Which blower are you going with? Sounds like you're going to have a mean machine after that's all done next year!

LOL yes, the owner said that his guy was clvered in grease, and cursing him up and down...

I am honestly wanting the most reliable type of blower. I just got off the line with the shop, and I spoke to Allan... sounds like my kind of shop.... they seem like they care about the car, and seem trustworthy. He wants the specs on my cam install, and I'll be booking something for May of 2021 (I think I'm putting it away this weekend...)

:(

Thanks for the referral man, a lot closer to my house as welll.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:31 AM   #8
Axe55

No problem, hope it works out well for you! When we have them out of storage next spring we should get together and plan a little cruise or track day if we're both around Toronto!