Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-22-2019, 11:01 PM   #29
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
This law isn't new. The 95db limit has been a law for a couple decades, if not longer. The law was changed from it being a fix it ticket to a $25 fine. If the cops in your area weren't pulling people over for loud exhausts before, they very likely won't be now.
+1.

I don’t really understand why everyone is making such a huge deal out of this?

If an officer wants to write you a ticket, he’s going to do it. It being for exhaust, tint, modifications, etc. Most likely wouldn’t write you a ‘fix-it-ticket’ in the first place.

You then have the other side of the spectrum, where the officer knows you’re just out having fun, and might just give you a verbal warning, because while he knows you’re having fun, and enjoying your ride, you know you shouldn’t be out there ruining people’s eardrums with your exhaust revs.
Tyestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:50 PM   #30
SS 310H55A

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
Irvine is a hot mess right now, friends of mine getting pulled over left and right but mostly in imports. I'm just driving my daily around here for a while.

Irvine cops have always been hard core about enforcing stupid stuff. When I had an ‘01 Mustang Bullitt I could pulled over and cited simply for smoked headlights. I avoid driving my Camaro to Irvine for work as much as I can. They do seem to target imports more but it all depends on how bored the officer is.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:16 AM   #31
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
So been driving the car around and ran into a few CHP and cops in near vicinity without even a glance. I suppose if I never got an exhaust ticket before, why would I get one now. The paranoia is starting to die down for now, maybe it was that first of the month, first of the year buzz going on.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:22 PM   #32
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
So been driving the car around and ran into a few CHP and cops in near vicinity without even a glance. I suppose if I never got an exhaust ticket before, why would I get one now. The paranoia is starting to die down for now, maybe it was that first of the month, first of the year buzz going on.
Your car is not that loud when you're not pushing it though. I remember it! I guess its a blessing, right?

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:27 PM   #33
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 310H55A View Post
Irvine cops have always been hard core about enforcing stupid stuff. When I had an ‘01 Mustang Bullitt I could pulled over and cited simply for smoked headlights. I avoid driving my Camaro to Irvine for work as much as I can. They do seem to target imports more but it all depends on how bored the officer is.
Well, Irvine cops are gonna be especially hot after this past Saturday night.....

https://www.facebook.com/fox11la/vid...3NTMxMzM0OTkz/

Bone Stock
Old 03-20-2019, 02:18 PM   #34
wildpew
pewish bicker

Drives: 2001 Z28 SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
Are vehicles registered out of CA required to meet these standards while operated within CA?
I don't believe so. that would be a ticket to fight and make them pay for your time. dad was a retired Calif. cop
2001 Camaro SS - Dan's
a modest gun safe

Best of all, I Retired From Nevada Energy
wildpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:05 PM   #35
BehindBlueI's

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
Good luck collecting if the person lives out of state.
Unless your home state is Michigan or Wisconsin, your driver's license can be suspended by another state. The other 48 states participates in the "Driver License Agreement" which states:

The member jurisdictions of the Driver License Agreement (DLA) support the following principles:

One driver license and one driver control record recognized by all member jurisdictions, for each driver;
Cooperation among member jurisdictions so that all drivers are required to comply with traffic citations regardless of the jurisdiction where issued;
Reciprocal recognition of driver licenses and offenses related to highway safety;
Uniformity among all member jurisdictions concerning the exchange of information on licenses, identification cards, records, convictions, withdrawals and other data related to the driver licensing process;
BehindBlueI's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:13 PM   #36
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
Your car is not that loud when you're not pushing it though. I remember it! I guess its a blessing, right?
Haha I think you heard it when I had my shorty header and JBA cat delete setup, I'm on Kooks long tubes now, but still been lucky

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:32 PM   #37
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Looks like the law was just reversed to what it used to be. It's a correctable violation agian.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:00 PM   #38
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Quote:
Looks like the law was just reversed to what it used to be. It's a correctable violation agian.
where did you obtain this is information? I brought my camaro to work today. Its like the 6th time ive driven it in 2019 combined

Bone Stock
Old 03-26-2019, 04:17 PM   #39
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
where did you obtain this is information? I brought my camaro to work today. Its like the 6th time ive driven it in 2019 combined
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201920200AB390

Are you afraid of getting at ticket? Is that why you've only driven the car 6 times? The allowed decibel limit never charged. If the cops in your area weren't handling out exhaust tickets before, I wouldn't worry about it. I drive by cops all the time with my cut outs open and never get a second look.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:22 PM   #40
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Quote:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201920200AB390

Are you afraid of getting at ticket? Is that why you've only driven the car 6 times? The allowed decibel limit never charged. If the cops in your area weren't handling out exhaust tickets before, I wouldn't worry about it. I drive by cops all the time with my cut outs open and never get a second look.
ive gotten the ticket before........when it was still a "fix it and pay $25" or pay the full fine for the 1st ($191)

the adjustment that passed and went into effect this january left too much to interpretation about having to take it to inspection.......... my car isnt exactly inspection material lol

Bone Stock
Old 03-26-2019, 04:27 PM   #41
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

this is excellent news!!!!!

Bone Stock
Old 03-26-2019, 04:29 PM   #42
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

it makes VC27150 and VC27151 correctable again!.........or you can pay the $191 and leave it as is again!

Bone Stock