Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 04:12 PM   #57
hlyshft

Drives: 1LE VS Boss (It's a family feud)
Quote:
My thoughts exactly! The rear quarter window area and rear end is hideous. I mean it looks like a Hyundai Tiburon with different taillights! Does any one else see this too? Or is it just me?!
I see it, man...

Quote:
I say life's too short. Buy the 5th gen 1LE now to enjoy and later buy the 6th gen around 2019.
Well said, there will always be another down the road and the style will probably grow on most of us by then.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:11 PM   #58
alexmak

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by homewrecker View Post
I say life's too short. Buy the 5th gen 1LE now to enjoy and later buy the 6th gen around 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i second that. i'll wait until 2018 is available, so they iron out all bugs, and then test drive it and see. if I like it, I may go with in 2019, when some poor guy has to trade in his new 1LE for whatever reason
Old 02-28-2016, 10:12 PM   #59
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmak View Post
i second that. i'll wait until 2018 is available, so they iron out all bugs, and then test drive it and see. if I like it, I may go with in 2019, when some poor guy has to trade in his new 1LE for whatever reason
Indeed, we have the refresh AKA "facelift", at midcycle to look forward to as well.

I think latter 2018-2019, will be an interesting window for quite a few of us.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:39 PM   #60
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
6th gen.. traded 5th... test drive 1 if you dare...it's an addiction.
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2017, 09:32 PM   #61
maroonponyina1LE

Drives: 2015 1LE
That new 6th Gen 1LE is just stunning. Congrats on your purchase! Realize it is personal opinion, but I think GM came up with just a great color of blue for this new car. I do wish the front end of the SS had more consistency of its lines. All those little hexagon like shapes are not my preference, but that wouldn't keep me from buying one if I was in the market. I would love to hear your first hand impressions of the differences between Gen 5 and 6 1LE. Thank you.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:47 PM   #62
pbsinternet1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroonponyina1LE View Post
That new 6th Gen 1LE is just stunning. Congrats on your purchase! Realize it is personal opinion, but I think GM came up with just a great color of blue for this new car. I do wish the front end of the SS had more consistency of its lines. All those little hexagon like shapes are not my preference, but that wouldn't keep me from buying one if I was in the market. I would love to hear your first hand impressions of the differences between Gen 5 and 6 1LE. Thank you.
More refined is thrown around... So far only thing I'm missing is the 2ss premium audio.. the 1ss sound system is a little lame but not terrible. The MY link with android app makes up for that.. I miss the raw sound of the gen 5 npp exhaust. The gen 6 is quite loud outside the car but the sound proof in the trunk isolates interior noise much better. No popping on decel like the ls3. Mag ride is MAgnificant! Power from the Lt1 is stronger down low in rpm. revs quicker to redline. Still breaking in though so not pushing it too hard. Really turns quicker and flatter. Rev match is really fun. I can heal toe just fine.. but it's nice to not have to think about it... pretty cool. The ediff really hooks up. This car feels like it accelerates much harder. Feels 500lbs lighter...even though its only a 200 or so.. I am tall and made the mistake of sunroof in my gen5.. The gen 6 without sunroof is a big difference in headroom..that sealed the deal for me. No way i could get a helmet on in gen 5. I live close to Barber Motosport and really want to do a few track days.. can't wait!
Old 02-18-2017, 10:15 PM   #63
maroonponyina1LE

Thanks - I appreciate that review. I have seen that Barber track - near Tuscaloosa isn't that right? Very cool place. Given how you will be using the car, understand why you bought a new one.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:16 PM   #64
maroonponyina1LE

...I think I need to correct myself - track is near Talladega, not Tuscaloosa!
Old 02-19-2017, 12:40 AM   #65
1LEwonton

Drives: 15 Blue Velvet Metallic 2SS/1LE
I think it's a tough call that's all dependent on what you're looking to do down the road as well and what your finances look like. I agree the 17 1LE is a superior car, especially when it comes to performance. If you wanted to have some play money to mod your car than the 15 is the way to go, plus it's still no joke when it comes to performance. I personally went with my 15 in March of 16 bc I got a great deal and knew I wanted to do bolt-ons, which wouldn't have been possible financially if I waited and went with the 17. I'm gonna keep it then upgrade to a ZL1 or Vette Grand Sport down the road. All in all, it's a win win that's based on personal preference.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:35 AM   #66
pbsinternet1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEwonton View Post
I think it's a tough call that's all dependent on what you're looking to do down the road as well and what your finances look like. I agree the 17 1LE is a superior car, especially when it comes to performance. If you wanted to have some play money to mod your car than the 15 is the way to go, plus it's still no joke when it comes to performance. I personally went with my 15 in March of 16 bc I got a great deal and knew I wanted to do bolt-ons, which wouldn't have been possible financially if I waited and went with the 17. I'm gonna keep it then upgrade to a ZL1 or Vette Grand Sport down the road. All in all, it's a win win that's based on personal preference.
I was in the same dilemma. I was about to cam and headers my 15 when I test drove the 17... money for upgrade was a nice down payment..The 17 is smaller,more advanced,more refined etc etc. I think people bashing the 17 have either not driven one or don't have the funds to upgrade..For me it made more economical sense to take a decent trade offer , use the upgrade money now for a better overall car. Anytime you buy new there is going to be a financial hit. I knew that..mod money is lost money as well...So 17 it was for me. The hit hurt some but look at what the new car has updated. You could not get there with 10grand in a gen 5 imo... I will drive the 17 today with no regret! And a smile on my face!
Old 02-19-2017, 06:39 AM   #67
pbsinternet1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroonponyina1LE View Post
...I think I need to correct myself - track is near Talladega, not Tuscaloosa!
Birmingham... great world class track and fantastic museum.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #68
1LEwonton

Drives: 15 Blue Velvet Metallic 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsinternet1le View Post
I was in the same dilemma. I was about to cam and headers my 15 when I test drove the 17... money for upgrade was a nice down payment..The 17 is smaller,more advanced,more refined etc etc. I think people bashing the 17 have either not driven one or don't have the funds to upgrade..For me it made more economical sense to take a decent trade offer , use the upgrade money now for a better overall car. Anytime you buy new there is going to be a financial hit. I knew that..mod money is lost money as well...So 17 it was for me. The hit hurt some but look at what the new car has updated. You could not get there with 10grand in a gen 5 imo... I will drive the 17 today with no regret! And a smile on my face!
You got a great ride that's for sure. Modded money is lost money no doubt, you never get that back, but if people mod and plan to keep the car to enjoy it I feel that's worth every penny too. Upgrading for me is inevitable as well and the 17 1LE is clearly an upgrade. For me for now, my plan is to enjoy my 15 with some bolt ons til I'm able to make a little bigger upgrade. Sick ride for you know doubt though!
Old 02-19-2017, 11:07 AM   #69
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Points we have heard before

When the new 2014-2015 came out everyone hated the rear end, the comments soon passed into oblivion and many people now like it better.

The rear end comparison in red on a post above does make for a poor look, but that same car in black or nightfall gray, with the taillight mod for clear is in a whole other category.

I suspect that when people get used to it these comments of 'hating the back end will also fade into oblivion.

Only issue that stops me is that you can't get 2ss , what a stupid idea.

Only way to answer for the OP is a test drive, then if he wants the 2017 pick the best color that compliments the car and plays down negatives that you have.

My 2.5 cents
Old 02-19-2017, 09:15 PM   #70
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsinternet1le View Post
... I think people bashing the 17 have either not driven one or don't have the funds to upgrade..!
I think people are bashing the MY17's aesthetics, not the laws of Physics.

Now what happens during the test drive, with a good salesman who knows his job well, is an entirely different matter .

Then there is the consumer himself.......think of him/her at times, just like THE journalist who is asking preloaded questions, if you can catch my drift .

Closed Thread