Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 07-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #29
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
I just now ran into this thread, so I'm kinda late, but being Filipino, I was excited when I started following Pacquiao at the lighter weights. I was super impressed with his hand speed, but this small dude also packed some power! I see there's still alot of doubters out there and ultimately it would have to be a fight against Mayweather to put all of that jazz to rest!! Mayweather is a great fighter, but his cockiness and attitude just doesn't fly with me. Both fighters have fights this coming Fall. If this mega-fight doesn't happen by the Spring or Summer of 2012, that'll be all she wrote. Hands down....Manny Pacquiao!! Mabuhay Pilipinas!!!
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #30
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Mayweather might've stood a chance against Pac-Man several years ago, but now he's just plain scared to tarnish his undefeated title...Pac-Man FTW
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #31
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph0408 View Post
Mayweather is an all-time great. If you ask me he was even before Pac became relevant. Honestly he could've just hung'm up after his DeLaHoya fight and that was that. Him beating Hatton, Marquez, Mosley was just icing on the cake at that point.

no need for him to beat pac to prove anything. there will always be someone else out there for him to face and people to say "oh he retired before he could face [insert name], he's ducking him."

mayweather >>>> pac, everyone knows it, nobody wants to admit it because mayweather has attitude while pacman acts like a saint (despite his rumored PED use)
Hmmm... I think no. In fact, Mayweather is essentially a smaller version of Roy Jones Jr. Great talent, but never has the balls to take on the best. Sure, plenty of fights against good fighters, plenty of fights against guys with 15-0, 18-0 records....but mostly guys who have never been tested against quality opponents.

Still, I'd take Pac Man in a fight against Mayweather simply because I don't think Mayweather can beat him. He struggled to put away De La Hoya and Mosley.....and both of those guys couldn't touch Pac Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
Mayweather. Resume is a lot better
That's hilarious...

Pac Man has more fights, more championships in different divisions (8 vs. 5) and Pac Man has almost as many KO's as Mayweather has total fights (38 vs. 41).

They've fought pretty much the same people for the last 5 years.... and Pac Man has beaten those people worse than Mayweather did...

De La Hoya - Pac Man TKO'd him in the 8th rd
Hatton - Pac Man TKO'd him in the 2nd rd...

I don't even have to go on because the list of fighters favors Pac Man.... and that's not even my opinion...
Old 07-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #32
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Hmmm... I think no. In fact, Mayweather is essentially a smaller version of Roy Jones Jr. Great talent, but never has the balls to take on the best. Sure, plenty of fights against good fighters, plenty of fights against guys with 15-0, 18-0 records....but mostly guys who have never been tested against quality opponents.

Still, I'd take Pac Man in a fight against Mayweather simply because I don't think Mayweather can beat him. He struggled to put away De La Hoya and Mosley.....and both of those guys couldn't touch Pac Man.

That's hilarious...

Pac Man has more fights, more championships in different divisions (8 vs. 5) and Pac Man has almost as many KO's as Mayweather has total fights (38 vs. 41).

They've fought pretty much the same people for the last 5 years.... and Pac Man has beaten those people worse than Mayweather did...

De La Hoya - Pac Man TKO'd him in the 8th rd
Hatton - Pac Man TKO'd him in the 2nd rd...

I don't even have to go on because the list of fighters favors Pac Man.... and that's not even my opinion...

don't forget what Pac did to the fighters that Flloyd ducked, Cotto and Margarito. Margarito has a big Mexican heart and didn't want to quit but he was basically beaten to a pulp like Oscar and Miguel. Clottey and Mosley...well, like punching bag with legs.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #33
C*ROC

Drives: Ls
Like both but gotta give the edge to mayweather
Old 08-31-2011, 08:57 PM   #34
rjdapilmoto

Bump for my man, Manny! Stay tuned for Pacquiao - Marquez, Part 3!! Marquez does not know when to quit! But, this should be a good fight with lots of bombs being thrown!!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #35
rjdapilmoto

C'mon Mayweather! You didn't have to send these boys to Manny's house in L.A.! Man up, and face your demons!!

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/story...zed-4-arrested
Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #36
rjdapilmoto

OMG! I missed the Mayweather-Ortiz fight this past Saturday, but from reading about it and watching the highlights and discussion on ESPN makes me seething mad that some of y'all out ther think this dude is the greatest and better than Pac-Man!! He may be faster, but damn....Manny would NEVER pull a sucker punch to win a damn fight!! Now I wish he'd fight Manny, so he can be taught a lesson! Man.....The Filipino blood in me is boiling right now!!! Ugghhhhh!!!!! Mayweather.....You're just a straight up Punk!!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #37
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Defend yourself at all times. Mayweather was winning every round anyway.

Mayweather FTW.

42-0.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #38
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Defend yourself at all times. Mayweather was winning every round anyway.

Mayweather FTW.

42-0.
I didn't watch the entire fight, but I did see the minute or two leading up to the end of the fight. From what I hear, Mayweather was winning the fight up until then.

Ortiz did do the headbutt, and it did look intentional. He seemed genuinely sorry to have done it, and I think this is where he lost the fight. He spent an inordinate time apologizing, touching gloves, even at one point huggying and kissing Mayweather.

The ref had called for both fighters to continue...but Ortiz was still trying to make up for what he did.

Though I don't agree with what Mayweather did, the round was underway and Ortiz should have been concentrating on the fight.

Protect yourself at all times. That is, and should be a fighters mantra. Ortiz failed here.

I think this was less about Mayweather winning the fight than Ortiz losing it.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #39
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Mayweather. But would a great bout
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #40
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow

Old 09-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #41
ZoMBiE_KMF
Camaro Club of NM

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, Sold: [COTW 2/20/12]
Even though it was kinda of a cheap shot Ortiz deserved it for that stupid headbutt
Old 09-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #42
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoMBiE_KMF View Post
Even though it was kinda of a cheap shot Ortiz deserved it for that stupid headbutt

what was ortiz thinkin???

sayin goes...protect yourself at all times.

i don't think cortez ever did restart the fight after he called time out to
take a point from ortiz.

for the record, i can't stand mayweather!!! i'll root for anyone fighting him...only problem is, there's only one guy out there capable of knockin him out and mayweather won't have anything to do with him.