Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #29
BACH
Delving the Ordure ...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS 6M CGM, '94 Z-71
NOW HEAR THIS

I can't be outdone by the wife's stock SUV sound system (Bose surround sound is awesome when watching the movies).

Picked up a JL Audio 250/1 amp and 10w3 subwoofer in a custom box.

UPDATE:

sounds frickin' awesome!!!

I had the amp mounted behind the driver side wheel well moulding in the trunk so you can't see it at all. The 10" box mounts on the other side so I can access the battery for the trickle charger for when the car sits for periods of time. The shop recarpeted the box for me, too - and added the JL logo as a nice surprise!!!

I also had a bass control knob mounted in the center console so I can adjust the level of bass depending on what I want at the time, and I can use the stock speakers for mids and highs. The whole car audio system sounds waaaay better now!!!

My journal: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164741

Last edited by BACH; 06-16-2012 at 09:51 PM. Reason: update
BACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #30
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACH View Post
just picked up a set of 3.91 LPE gears... oh yeah!!!!

just gotta get more allowance money to buy the JRE posi mod and billet main caps, and the LPW pro differential cover so that I do this right the first time.
Very Nice! A V6 guy is selling a set of Lingenfelter 3.91's too - I am seriously tempted but I just keep thinking V8..............

Hey, see you Saturday bud !
Old 05-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #31
BACH
Delving the Ordure ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPaul View Post
Very Nice! A V6 guy is selling a set of Lingenfelter 3.91's too - I am seriously tempted but I just keep thinking V8..............

Hey, see you Saturday bud !
Yeah since you use yours as a daily driver I'd probably keep the stock gears. and it wouldn't be worth spending the money if you plan to trade in down the road. Plus you could let me be the guinea pig and see how it works out on my car first.

See you Saturday.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #32
BACH
Delving the Ordure ...

Can you hear me now?

Picked up a JL Audio 10W3 sub with custom box and JL 250/1 amp from 'TAG UR IT' from San Antonio. The 10" turned out to be bad (no fault of Tag's), but the warranty was still valid so I just had to pay S&H for a new one.

I also picked up a 12W3 from him, but decided I only need the 10" so I can get to my battery charger cable under the trunk carpet on the driver's side - and I get the same power for either speaker and don't need both. Here's the link to the 12" with custom box if anyone is interested.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224325

Long story, but the skinny is that the 10" with 250 amp and custom box sounds great. The audio shop recarpeted the box for me and added the JL logo for no extra charge (I also bought a new Kenwood head unit and speakers for my son's Firebird). I had them install a bass knob in my console so I can adjust the bass level depending on whether I'm jamming out on cruising on a road trip (or through the neighborhood).

I'm rockin' now!!!!

Old 06-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #33
BACH
Delving the Ordure ...

the art of per-SWAY-sion...

Just made a deal on a set of Pfadt sway bars... Something to do on my off rotation. Will post photos after the install.

Last edited by BACH; 06-16-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #34
BACH
Delving the Ordure ...

Camaro Letters - black face (vinyl)

I'd been thinking about having just the face of the CAMARO fender letters painted black. Surfing C5 I saw a COTW (camaro_RS) with some vinyl on the face of the letters, so this way I could see if I liked it or not and go back (and it is a lot cheaper - squeak, squeak). Of course I looked on Big Worm's website and found just what I was looking for. I haven't had the chance to get it out of the garage yet and see what it looks like in the sunlight, but this is the result.

Last edited by BACH; 07-10-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #35
BACH
Delving the Ordure ...

Pfadt "sport" sway bars installed

WOW!!!

Just took the car for the post sway bar installation test drive and at the risk of sounding like my tween daughter..... OMG!! Upgrading the sway bars makes a world of difference. I never have really liked the stock tires, I thought they were too hard and never got enough traction. But after the test drive today, in cool-ish weather (about 75 deg F) post rain, the car drove like it was on rails. I was VERY impressed. One of these days I'll get to the road coarse...

stock vs. Pfadt 'sport' rear bar

rear bar installed

Last edited by BACH; 07-11-2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 07-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #36
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
WOW!!!

Just took the car for the post sway bar installation test drive and at the risk of sounding like my tween daughter..... OMG!! Upgrading the sway bars makes a world of difference. I never have really liked the stock tires, I thought they were too hard and never got enough traction. But after the test drive today, in cool-ish weather (about 75 deg F) post rain, the car drove like it was on rails. I was VERY impressed. One of these days I'll get to the road coarse...

PICS COMING
I need a new test drive mate!!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #37
BACH
Delving the Ordure ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPaul View Post
I need a new test drive mate!!
You got it. We can do that Friday before or after dinner. You can check out the tunes, too.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #38
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
You got it. We can do that Friday before or after dinner. You can check out the tunes, too.
Sounds good! Hey please remember that 13mm swivel ratchet and if you wouldn't mind also bring the torquing socket - I need to torque my IM to 18lbs when I install it, hoping to do it Saturday.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #39
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
WOW!!!

PICS COMING
That's exactly what we want to hear after sway bars are installed. They really do make these cars WAY more fun to drive!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #40
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Nice build.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #41
BACH
Delving the Ordure ...

Thanks all. Need to get the wifey to snap some decent photos since I bought her the nice camera. another thing on the to do list.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #42
BACH
Delving the Ordure ...

A few new small parts installed:

GTO clutch reservoir:I decided to add a second reservoir after reading some of the other trheads on C5, so I ordered the reservoir online and go the other little pieces from other forum members.
UPDATE Aug-17: Got the parts quick from Ed (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214983)
UPDATE Aug-23: GMPartsDirect shipped my part. about 2 weeks of backorder.
UPDATE Aug-29: separate clutch reservoir installed. The hardest part was getting the hose back on the clutch connection at the firewall, but the job was more difficult overall with the strut brace installed.

Heater hose relocation:I just bought the hoses from a C5 member that had these as part of a Whipple kit but had already done the hose relocation prreviously. So I won't do the fuel and evap line but I'm not worried about those.
After install comments -----------> so I ended up not using the smaller hose from the Whipple kit because I couldn't get it onto the water pump flare. I bought the Gates #18078 from O'Reilly with 5/8" on one end and 3/4" on the other (from Caverman's suggestion in his DIY post - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=heater+hose). Who knows why GM has these opposite sizes on the firewall and water pump?????? I did like that the Whipple kit had hose guards/sheaths so I used it on the Gates hose after cutting to the proper length. These small issues always come up with me because I try to get out cheap or do things in my own unique way and it usually costs me a little more than it should have. I think I was in $70 here whereas I could have done it for about half that.

Last edited by BACH; 08-29-2012 at 01:41 PM.