Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #15
Mooch

Drives: 2010 camaro
If Jerry L is chromeozone...he should spell his company name properly. "Chromoezone"....lol.
Mooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #16
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Oh hey ChromeOzone owner.
Lmao
Old 02-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #17
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
What happened to the post from the "other" side of the story.... Hmmmm odd.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #18
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Why sign up as Jerry from Hollywood to strictly defend a company, unless you own the company... But why not just say you are chromeozone??
Old 04-17-2013, 05:45 AM   #19
chantaniy

Drives: good condition
Beware ChromeOzone Plating out of Miami, Florida

Hey,
I am new in this forum and i don't have any idea ChromeOzone Plating out of Miami, Florida.I read the post that you have posted but its not enough informative for me..please post some more informative information..
Old 04-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #20
QUICKSS

Drives: 2013 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantaniy View Post
Hey,
I am new in this forum and i don't have any idea ChromeOzone Plating out of Miami, Florida.I read the post that you have posted but its not enough informative for me..please post some more informative information..
Say what
QUICKSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #21
Tyler360

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Hey,
Seems this chromeozone guy is quite desperate to save face. Its so obvious that it makes me trust and believe the OP even more. A little tip for you, make another new profile, post in other places first such as the "new members introductions" sub forum, then come and post in this thread. OP: that is some absolutely terrible looking work. I'll tell you what, send those rims to me and I could do a better job myself using a .75 can of chrome paint from Walmart. It wouldn't be professional or probably turn out the way you like at all, but my work would at least stick to the rim and stay there...
Old 04-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #22
Mooch

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Hey,

I want to post a post to the post you posted. This guy is a crook. What information is not informative enough for you not to be informed.
Mooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #23
Big Top Gt
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2010 2SS/RS (LS3)
Send a message via AIM to Big Top Gt Send a message via Skype™ to Big Top Gt
Just so you guys know: I didn't middle man anything. I put the client directly in contact with Chromeozone and since they're a one man operation, he knows it. I didn't handle any payment up until the owner of ChromeOzone came into my shop and stole client owned parts, driving off with a wheel and the grille.

I was paid by the customer in an effort to recover his stolen property: I was to pick up the parts and make payment on my client's behalf. When ChromeOzone raised the price at the time of pickup AND refused to do what was necessary to make the job right, I personally paid to replace the wheel and grille out of my own pocket. (Then I bought a chroming system and did the work myself.)

As for the attached pictures: the "chemical" you see is H2O. (Or water, if you don't know chemicals.) The sand paper is in the shot for the same reason the water is: because we were wet sanding the clear in an effort to remove the debris (dirt and other particulate matter) that was left in the product.

We later found out the wheels weren't properly prepped and were almost pink when we rejected them the first time. I mean, they weren't even scuffed prior to their "chroming" process. We found the factory applied clear coating was still in place under the peeling "chrome."

So, it was no wonder as to why it didn't adhere to the wheels. Literally, spraying the wheel with water separated the "chrome plating" from the unprepped surface.

I'll leave the judgment up to you guys. The pictures, I believe, speak for themselves.

Here's how the car shipped out of my shop. That's all I can say, I suppose. :shrug:

Big Top Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #24
turbolvr321

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry L. View Post
I have personally had Chromoezone work on several pieces for my show cars and all the work has been TOP NOTCH!! In fact his work is so exceptional that we have won several awards just based on the coating effects. I'm actually surprised he even bothered to except such a small job considering most of his projects involve full car coating applications.
My personal opinion and a valued one at that being in the restoration business for over 35 years can say I have never seen someone present such a B.S. story. You can clearly see in the photos above that a screwdriver,sandpaper,and a striping chemical was applied to these rims to hack them up once they got in your hands. In fact one of your photos clearly shows some kind of chemical still dripping from the rim. Not to mention you said you got these rims and they were not finished and looked bad? Then why would you have excepted them? This story sounds like another rookie trying to get a store credit.

Just a quick heads up-You shouldn't middle man rims out. They are the most essential part of the vehicle. The client should have dealt with the service company(Chromeozone) directly and you should have not tried to make a profit on the this portion of the build. In this business you have to know when to give a little slack. This looks more unprofessional on your part having to go to the client and telling him to deal with it on his own. Personally you lost business on your own behalf.

This is my overall opinion. Being in this business for so long I've seen just about every con artist out there. Its hard for me to see you excepting these rims in a poor condition to begin with. Your story makes no sense.
ACCEPT. Sorry, that annoyed me.

Definitely sounds like he owns the place though.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #25
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry L. View Post
I have personally had Chromoezone work on several pieces for my show cars and all the work has been TOP NOTCH!! In fact his work is so exceptional that we have won several awards just based on the coating effects. I'm actually surprised he even bothered to except such a small job considering most of his projects involve full car coating applications.
My personal opinion and a valued one at that being in the restoration business for over 35 years can say I have never seen someone present such a B.S. story. You can clearly see in the photos above that a screwdriver,sandpaper,and a striping chemical was applied to these rims to hack them up once they got in your hands. In fact one of your photos clearly shows some kind of chemical still dripping from the rim. Not to mention you said you got these rims and they were not finished and looked bad? Then why would you have excepted them? This story sounds like another rookie trying to get a store credit.

Just a quick heads up-You shouldn't middle man rims out. They are the most essential part of the vehicle. The client should have dealt with the service company(Chromeozone) directly and you should have not tried to make a profit on the this portion of the build. In this business you have to know when to give a little slack. This looks more unprofessional on your part having to go to the client and telling him to deal with it on his own. Personally you lost business on your own behalf.

This is my overall opinion. Being in this business for so long I've seen just about every con artist out there. Its hard for me to see you excepting these rims in a poor condition to begin with. Your story makes no sense.
Jemal Wright... GTFO
Old 04-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #26
Big Top Gt
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2010 2SS/RS (LS3)
Send a message via AIM to Big Top Gt Send a message via Skype™ to Big Top Gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by trewyn15 View Post
Jemal Wright... GTFO
Exactly.

What Jemal isn't telling anyone is that we DID reject the wheels when he got slick and tried to dump them on my employees when's was out running errands. I called him immediately and made him come back and pick them up.

He took the wheels and failed to return so many calls from his (our client), the guy drove to his shop from Over three hours away. He picked up his wheels, gave him a check, and dropped them off at my shop until he was able to resolve the issue.

Like I said: I never middle manned anything. We make enough on our carbon work where we don't try to make a penny at every single opportunity.

It just isn't how we roll, frankly.
Big Top Gt is offline   Reply With Quote