Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-09-2017, 08:15 PM   #1
ARrado15

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Solo Mach XL + Cutouts?

Anybody know if it's possible? The muffler for the mach XL is very close to the headers, and I was wondering if anybody has fitted some cutouts in front of the muffler. I would love it if I could get some cutouts going !
Old 11-09-2017, 08:34 PM   #2
ARrado15

Curious as to if the QTP low profile cutouts will work with this setup.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:11 PM   #3
acammer
Back in the game

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
It seems like it should still be totally possible. Right on/just after the bend would be a pretty standard placement for an under the car arrangement.
2011 2SS SGM - Cold Air Inductions CAI, New Era PTB, GPI Rod-Mod and ported LS3 intake, BTR Platinum springs, GPI SS3 cam, American Racing Long Tube Headers 1.875", X-pipe, high flow cats, cutouts behind the axle. 25% under-drive pulley, 169*F T-stat, EE catch can, Ideal Garage clutch master cylinder and reservoir, Tick-Shift billet throwout support, Speedbleeder, Motive 4.10 gears, LPW Differential Cover, BMR Pro diff bushings, Pegasus Solid rear sub-frame bushings, 305/45/18 NT05R. Speedhut OBDII shift light. Tuned at New Age Hotrods - 497rwhp.
Selling an HPT Setup cheap? Message me!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:02 AM   #4
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #830
It would work. Most people installing QTP cutouts install on the bend from what I've seen. If you do go this route, make sure you post a video clip as I've been curious how it would sound. I too am running a Mach XL catback and have often thought of cutouts because while the exhaust freaking screams at WOT, it's surprisingly quiet at idle even with long tube headers.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #830 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:02 AM   #5
Redgt03

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
It would work. Most people installing QTP cutouts install on the bend from what I've seen. If you do go this route, make sure you post a video clip as I've been curious how it would sound. I too am running a Mach XL catback and have often thought of cutouts because while the exhaust freaking screams at WOT, it's surprisingly quiet at idle even with long tube headers.
I agree!! It sounds amazing outside of the car and inside at WOT very tame inside the car the rest of the time.
Redgt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:24 AM   #6
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARrado15 View Post
Anybody know if it's possible? The muffler for the mach XL is very close to the headers, and I was wondering if anybody has fitted some cutouts in front of the muffler. I would love it if I could get some cutouts going !
I'm running with the full Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe setup
and I have the QTP also and they sound great.
Attached Images

Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #7
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
I'm running Kooks, Kooks Off Road, Solo and QTP cutouts.... love it all. If you like that NASCAR sound, this is what you want.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:15 PM   #8
ARrado15

How long have you guys had your QTP? And issues with them? I was also looking at the noweeds, but I don't know if I can justify spending over double the amount on them...
Old 11-10-2017, 05:34 PM   #9
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
I'm looking forward to getting some cutouts during black Fridayif any deals are out there! I notice you guys aren't using the turndowns that are an additional option...
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote