Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-04-2018, 04:51 PM   #1
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Need a Favor - Badge Dimensions

Hello Z/28 owners,

Wondering if anyone could be a super sport and do me a solid: I'm looking to make a custom emblem and need the dimensions of the OEM "Z28" badge. Below is a picture of the dimensions I need; if anyone can help me out with them it would be much appreciated! Maybe in mm as opposed to inches just to be a bit more accurate, if possible.

A = Length of the 28
B = Height of the 28
C = Height of the slash/overall height
X = Length of the Z
Y = Height of the Z
Z = Overall length

For anyone wondering, below is a picture - crappily done by me in Paint - of what I'm trying to get made. FYI, Z22 is the code for Rally Sport.
Attached Images

Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:35 PM   #2
PeeP

Drives: 2010 SS, 2015 Z/28
How are you wanting to reproduce it? Do you know of anyone that has raster to vector software? Would make this easy?
PeeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:59 PM   #3
KillboyPowerhead

So far I've only spoken with Emblempros about making a custom badge; they said that they can make what I'm looking for, and just need me to provide dimensions; I guess they don't have an OEM badge handy to compare so I am hoping to get the dimensions from someone who does, to make it as OEM-looking as I can.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
Old 10-05-2018, 05:51 AM   #4
j o n

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #0058
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
So far I've only spoken with Emblempros about making a custom badge; they said that they can make what I'm looking for, and just need me to provide dimensions; I guess they don't have an OEM badge handy to compare so I am hoping to get the dimensions from someone who does, to make it as OEM-looking as I can.
Just buy a z/28 badge to use for your measurements
- '15 Z/28 #0058 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
- '22 Ridgeline RTL | White | Ebony, '22 CR-V EX-L Hybrid | White | Ebony
Sold:
- '15 Z/28 #0048 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
https://www.instagram.com/__jon__athan__/
j o n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:20 AM   #5
KillboyPowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by j o n View Post
Just buy a z/28 badge to use for your measurements
Old 10-05-2018, 06:27 AM   #6
j o n

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #0058
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
$22.50 is too much to get the job done accurately? You could send it to Emblempros
https://www.ebay.com/p/Chevrolet-GM-...6796740&chn=ps
- '15 Z/28 #0058 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
- '22 Ridgeline RTL | White | Ebony, '22 CR-V EX-L Hybrid | White | Ebony
Sold:
- '15 Z/28 #0048 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
https://www.instagram.com/__jon__athan__/
j o n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:33 AM   #7
KillboyPowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by j o n View Post
$22.50 is too much to get the job done accurately? You could send it to Emblempros
https://www.ebay.com/p/Chevrolet-GM-...6796740&chn=ps
Appreciate the suggestion, although $22.50 (or probably more like $40+ for me as I live in Canerda) is that much more than free, and considering this is a relatively simple request - requiring about as much time as finding a factory badge on ebay (kidding!) - I thought it wouldn't be much to ask.

With that said, I went back to grade 4 math and measured the tires (known diameter) in a profile picture of a Z28 and compared that to the badge to find out [approx.] how big the badge is in proportion. Ha! The badge doesn't have to be dead nuts on proportionate, and probably won't be by the time the new badge is actually manufactured, but I think it will be close enough that I will like it. Still wouldn't mind getting "official" measurements, but if that's not a possibility I think I'll be fine.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:14 PM   #8
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
A: 4"...B: 5/8"...C: 1 3/8"...X: 2 7/8"...Y: 3/4"...Z: 7"

Best of luck with these measurements. Sorry I couldn't get it in M&M's for you.
Attached Images

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #9
1LEJNG

Drives: Red Hot 2014 1LE
badge

i made some badges with emblem pros help. you could buy the emblem, copy it on a copier and send it to them. works well.
1LEJNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:42 PM   #10
KillboyPowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28Dan View Post
A: 4"...B: 5/8"...C: 1 3/8"...X: 2 7/8"...Y: 3/4"...Z: 7"

Best of luck with these measurements. Sorry I couldn't get it in M&M's for you.
Sweet, thanks! I actually came up with 4" and 7" for A and Z too, although I was off a bit (~1/8") for the others - not bad for a sub-par resolution pic. Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEJNG View Post
i made some badges with emblem pros help. you could buy the emblem, copy it on a copier and send it to them. works well.
As mentioned above, I guess you could call this plan B , although naturally I was hoping not to spend another $40 or whatever if I didn't have to.