Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #15
kbar4782

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 00016
If you read the article it clearly states that both of the 11 second runs we're on factory tires. I'm kinda confused on the discrepancy between the article and the video. I would say the 11'a were in fact on stock rubber. I don't see an experienced driver with all day at the track not running high 11's. Bone stock
kbar4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #16
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Other articles clearly state 11s were on DRs.. Thus, the confusion.. You can't talk about running 11s OEM, then show putting on a tire, then at the very end talk about your times and then say 12s all day long in the middle... It's bad design on the video's message.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
camarofreak

Drives: 2011 Silverado LT
They say it wore the stock tires but in the video it had drag radials.
camarofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #18
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Best run of day 11.93
DR were used that day per vid
Not showroom stock.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #19
Bob Cosby

Drives: 2010 Vette
Hmmm....definately a discrepancy there. The video says DRs, and shows DRs. The write-up says factory Goodyears. Gee, lets thicken the plot a little bit, GM....nice. More internet fodder.
Bob Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #20
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Video shows otherwise on the claimed "showroom stock car". When was the last time a car was delivered from the factory to a dealer for sale to the public, wearing Drag Radials. I wonder if this is another GM scheme to downplay the "not as advertised" performance of the ZL1. Out with what happened in QC, it will shed light on why the car is not meeting the advertised stock performance. At this rate, on same mod, it is barely on par with existing GT500s.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #21
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
The times were based on stock tires, they just ran the drag tires to make sure there were no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Video said they were running on DRs all day.. Why was my original post deleted anyways?

1:26 clearly shows them bolting up a tire and running with it, they even talk about it.. It would be nice to see a video and write up at 100% stock and no mention of tires as that's not 100% stock.. Doing it this way still throws in the times as suspect to being on tire as other sites state the 11s were all on tires.. Not OEM.
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #22
Bob Cosby

Drives: 2010 Vette
PS....I have no problem believe the car can and will (or has) run high 11's on the stock rubber. Just not sure it did it here.
Bob Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #23
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
The times were based on stock tires, they just ran the drag tires to make sure there were no issues.
and the proof of that is? I'm obviously not the only one having issues with it.. See this thread and other articles. .I'm not knocking the car.. I just want to know the truth without all the confusion. The video and the message disagree and the video itself doesn't do a good job of pointing out different times on DRs over the OEM tires.. If they ran on DRs, then what were the DR times? Why not talk about that? I sure as hell would.. I'm running on 11s on OEM tire, but I guess at my DR times.. If I ran with DRs, I'd certainly post the difference between the two.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #24
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cosby View Post
PS....I have no problem believe the car can and will (or has) run high 11's on the stock rubber. Just not sure it did it here.
Me too, how hard is it to go take a run on STOCK tires and make a vid. proving it?
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #25
Rice Killer
Cooter

Drives: my wife crazy
Quote:
and the proof of that is? I'm obviously not the only one having issues with it.. See this thread and other articles. .I'm not knocking the car.. I just want to know the truth without all the confusion.
I would trust an article from GM media as GM were the ones that were there rather than an article from lsxtv.com that says otherwise. I don't see GM lying about it. Not saying lsxtv.com would either because they are a trusted source, but I can see a mistake being made. They may have assumed just like you are.

If anybody can find in GM's article where it says otherwise, there will be a reason for debate. Until then, I believe GM. I did not hear them say anywhere in the video that the 11.9s were on drag radials. They talked about running on DRs but did not give any times for them.
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Rice Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #26
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
Quote:
and the proof of that is? I'm obviously not the only one having issues with it.. See this thread and other articles. .I'm not knocking the car.. I just want to know the truth without all the confusion. The video and the message disagree and the video itself doesn't do a good job of pointing out different times on DRs over the OEM tires.. If they ran on DRs, then what were the DR times? Why not talk about that? I sure as hell would..
Ya, put up times for both if they ran stock and DRs.
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #27
Rice Killer
Cooter

Drives: my wife crazy
Another good positive thread gone bad. By some of our own none the less...
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Rice Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #28
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Killer View Post
I would trust an article from GM media as GM were the ones that were there rather than an article from lsxtv.com that says otherwise. I don't see GM lying about it. Not saying lsxtv.com would either because they are a trusted source, but I can see a mistake being made. They may have assumed just like you are.

If anybody can find in GM's article where it says otherwise, there will be a reason for debate. Until then, I believe GM. I did not hear them say anywhere in the video that the 11.9s were on drag radials. They talked about running on DRs but did not give any times for them.
My point is.. obviously, there's a lot of confusion out there and the whole point of the video was to show a ZL1 running 11s OEM... DRs shouldn't have even been a part of it... Release another video talking about them running on DRs to test it out since they know we will.... Combining the two and talking about 12s all day, then 11s in the same video has led to confusion.. Why would they say run 12s all day then?