Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-06-2013, 05:10 AM   #29
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperGumby View Post
I'll add that mine does this as well. Sometimes I can turn the radio off and back on and then everything works. It's not the worst thing that could happen, but it is a tiny bit upsetting that they have these kind of bugs in the system.
Complain....by all means....complain. The more people who are upset about this, the better chance GM will work harder to come up with a fix.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #30
benji1997

I've had my MyLink/HUD issues going back to February and after six trips into service, I was finally told it was a software issue and they will have to send a SW fix to correct the issues. After the third trip on or about late May, when they had the car from 7am until 3pm, partially because they couldn't find someone to pick me up, I was extremely upset. Within a day, I got a GM customer satisfaction questionnaire mailed to me. Under satisfaction with service dept., I gave them a "0". Today the service manager calls me on the phone and gives me a piece of his mind because GM scolded him for the "0" and apparently docked him some of his pay check, which I find rather unusual. Whatever happened to the customer is always right, whether he is right or not? And why is he yelling at me? He should be going up his chain of command and explaining to them why I was so upset, and try and get the paycheck thing reversed. I am currently not too pleased with the local service department. Unfortunately the next closest is about 20 miles away and this one is right down the street. Glad I got this off my chest. Even though I'm still very upset about it.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #31
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
I've had my MyLink/HUD issues going back to February and after six trips into service, I was finally told it was a software issue and they will have to send a SW fix to correct the issues. After the third trip on or about late May, when they had the car from 7am until 3pm, partially because they couldn't find someone to pick me up, I was extremely upset. Within a day, I got a GM customer satisfaction questionnaire mailed to me. Under satisfaction with service dept., I gave them a "0". Today the service manager calls me on the phone and gives me a piece of his mind because GM scolded him for the "0" and apparently docked him some of his pay check, which I find rather unusual. Whatever happened to the customer is always right, whether he is right or not? And why is he yelling at me? He should be going up his chain of command and explaining to them why I was so upset, and try and get the paycheck thing reversed. I am currently not too pleased with the local service department. Unfortunately the next closest is about 20 miles away and this one is right down the street. Glad I got this off my chest. Even though I'm still very upset about it.
If you were that unhappy....you have EVERY right to give him a zero! Part of GM's problems are the sheister sleezy dealers. The survey is there for a reason...so gm can correct its dealerships....or close them down.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #32
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Because they could not pick you up, yes, that's worth you dinging them......but not the my link issue. That's chev......but dinging you gets you no where.....yes it did cost him paycheck money...everything CSI in a dealer is tied to the Paycheck, stupid, I know, but it is. And if I was the service mgr, an here's the crazy part, I might ask you to go somewhere else as I could not take the chance you're gonna ding me again

Crazy but true....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:34 AM   #33
benji1997

Glen...problem is, I am tied to this dealer because of time and distance. It just seems to me it is very unprofessional for a service manager to be calling me at home and complaining about the way I filled out the service questionnaire that his company sent me. I'm sure I could have his job for that but I don't choose to exercise that kind of power over anyone, especially somebody who has taken a long time to be in that position with his company. It will not make for a comfortable trip to the service department the next time I have to go. Also I don't understand why GM didn't contact me first to find out why I was displeased before docking an employee's pay check. The problems I am having might seem small and insignificant but to me, I paid $35,000+ for a brand new car and have a right to expect everything to work as designed and advertised.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #34
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
GM didn't dock his pay, it's s dealer policy. It's done now, move on. Believe me, after going there 6 times you "can't have his job ".. Expect friction and them to slow walk your future visits. I'd really find another dealer, and GM has no power over a dealer in this matter. Maybe rightfully so, but you've cooked this one.

The phrase "keep your enemies close" applies here....

Last edited by Glen e; 07-23-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #35
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Most dealers will tell you flat out to contact them first if you plan to not give them a perfect score. They want the chance to make it right before they get a black mark on their name.

Personally, I've got a good dealer and not had any troubles. But even if I did, I would tell them first and give them the chance to fix it. As noted, now that you've basically stabbed him in the back, do you really expect to get good service?
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #36
benji1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Most dealers will tell you flat out to contact them first if you plan to not give them a perfect score. They want the chance to make it right before they get a black mark on their name.

Personally, I've got a good dealer and not had any troubles. But even if I did, I would tell them first and give them the chance to fix it. As noted, now that you've basically stabbed him in the back, do you really expect to get good service?
Please don't sugarcoat your response.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #37
benji1997

I've actually communicated with the gen. Mgr. and the SM and everything is cool. But the SM says the pay thing is done by corporate and can not be reversed. I apologized and explained to the gen. Mgr .that the service dept didn't deserve the grade, but GM did.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #38
benji1997

I may be on to something. I drove the car between 11 and 2pm without turning off the ignition. All the while the Mylink to HUD was working. I turned it off to go shopping came back out and started it and....not working. So I turned off the ignition, pulled the key, open and shut the door then counted to 60. I started the car and now it's working! I think I will call GM and see if they want to incorporate this procedure into the Infotainment Manual.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #39
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
I may be on to something. I drove the car between 11 and 2pm without turning off the ignition. All the while the Mylink to HUD was working. I turned it off to go shopping came back out and started it and....not working. So I turned off the ignition, pulled the key, open and shut the door then counted to 60. I started the car and now it's working! I think I will call GM and see if they want to incorporate this procedure into the Infotainment Manual.
There is no way in hell they'll put that in a manual, it does nothing more then show a fault. Besides most are never going to go through the trouble of doing that, I know I for one won't

Plus I think it's much more random then that. If you do it 10 times and 10 times it works, then you may be on to something.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #40
benji1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
There is no way in hell they'll put that in a manual, it does nothing more then show a fault. Besides most are never going to go through the trouble of doing that, I know I for one won't

Plus I think it's much more random then that. If you do it 10 times and 10 times it works, then you may be on to something.
I was attempting to be facetious. I guess I failed.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #41
rdsesq

Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow SS/RS
Recently picked up my '13 SS/RS.
Seeing issues with intermittent transfer to HUD, especially ipod music info.
Using an ipod Nano 7th gen. Failure to transfer the data to the HUD seems more likely to happen when the system recognizes the ipod and requires to be indexed again.

It seems to re-index the ipod after the car has sat a while, overnight or for several hours.

There seems to be conflicting information on in the google-sphere on what are the best ipod settings to minimize re-indexing. Specifically having the ipod set to use space as a usb disk or not.

Any newer information on the HUD/info transfer or preferred ipod settings would be much appreciated.
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote