Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
Mylink/Radio Info Transfer Issue

I have had this issue of the radio information being sent from the Mylink radio to the HUD. Mine works sometimes and does not work other times. It's almost a 50/50 split. Is anyone else experiencing this? My dealer service dept. knows about it and has spoken to the factory. According to my service manager, the issue is widespread and the factory has no plans to rectify it. I am trying to determine (1) How widespread it is; and (2) Why the factory does not plan on fixing this issue? Are we not paying for an expensive car that we have the right to have everything working as it was designed to work? Anyone else care to chime in? Or am I the only one who thinks everything should work properly whether it concerns safety and/or entertainment?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
dierseve97

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
Same issue here.
dierseve97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
benji1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by dierseve97 View Post
Same issue here.
Have you bought it to the dealer's attention?
I
Old 06-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
Chevy girl 13

Drives: 2013 Camaro
MyLink/radio info transfer issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
I have had this issue of the radio information being sent from the Mylink radio to the HUD. Mine works sometimes and does not work other times. It's almost a 50/50 split. Is anyone else experiencing this? My dealer service dept. knows about it and has spoken to the factory. According to my service manager, the issue is widespread and the factory has no plans to rectify it. I am trying to determine (1) How widespread it is; and (2) Why the factory does not plan on fixing this issue? Are we not paying for an expensive car that we have the right to have everything working as it was designed to work? Anyone else care to chime in? Or am I the only one who thinks everything should work properly whether it concerns safety and/or entertainment?
Hi Benji
I have issues too. I have an iPhone 5 which does not get along with the Intel A6 chip. Now my iPod does not work although the car recognizes it. I just got my car back from the dealer actually. IPod still does not work. There was an error they fixed in the electrical system software malfunction and they reprogrammed the radio and USB total pain. I lost all my settings and had to redo them.not sure what you mean by HUD so sorry if I got off topic. Just frustrated.
Chevy girl 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I've only had it occur once so far.

From what I've read, there are several issues with MyLink, several of which they haven't been able to resolve at the moment.

And I wouldn't take anything you heard from a dealer to heart until you get confirmation elsewhere.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
It's a rat's nest across the whole industry- they all jumped before they had it thought out....ort I should say "tested it out".

Check the other forums...no one is happy with the telematics interface in their cars...My '13 accord has diff issues but just as many, BMW's fade in and out of connection. It's just too new and there are too many "sets" of engineers involved; the car mfr, the handset maker, the operating system programmers and of course the "app" involved...I don't like it either but this will contiuue with various updates and revisions.

Talk to a ford owner....their system is the worst, with entire sections of their interface very buggy. Class action suit against them on this....

And a whole 'nother set of issues when iOS7 gets here....

Last edited by Glen e; 06-13-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:40 AM   #7
benji1997

Glen...I believe you are correct in that it appears all the various infotainment systems are flawed in one way or another. So I guess I should consider myself fortunate that this is the only bug in my system. Hopefully down the road GM, as well as the other auto makers, will come through with upgrades to correct these flaws. The touchscreen system has only a small function in the general comfort, safety and convenience of the automobile. However, the automotive companies did not give us these toys as a freebie. We are paying dearly for them. We have a right to expect them to function as they were designed to do, and for the many $$$ we paid for them.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #8
benji1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post

And I wouldn't take anything you heard from a dealer to heart until you get confirmation elsewhere.
If not from the dealer...who then???
Old 06-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
Glen e

Quote:
Glen...I believe you are correct in that it appears all the various infotainment systems are flawed in one way or another. So I guess I should consider myself fortunate that this is the only bug in my system. Hopefully down the road GM, as well as the other auto makers, will come through with upgrades to correct these flaws. The touchscreen system has only a small function in the general comfort, safety and convenience of the automobile. However, the automotive companies did not give us these toys as a freebie. We are paying dearly for them. We have a right to expect them to function as they were designed to do, and for the many $$$ we paid for them.
I agree 100% - they promised too much, rushed the development and testing just so they could be equal to the other mfrs advertising it ( and also had problems) It's an industry cluster f**k with Apple/Andriod in the middle of it, IMO...
Old 06-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #10
benji1997

Well the other problem I had, the fan speed indicator, was supposedly fixed a few days ago but reared its ugly head again this afternoon. I drove all day then parked for a couple of hours. When I restarted the car, fan speed was once again frozen. Strike two.

Last edited by benji1997; 06-15-2013 at 06:16 PM.
benji1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #11
Glen e

A few other mfr forums are finding that solid clean power is helping reduce electronic gremlins...like a bigger battery. Honda has a notoriously small batt in the new accords (450CCA) and when replaced with a good (650CCA) many problems disappear. Kinda like a surge protector on your PC. What CCA are the Camaro v6 and v8 batts?
Old 06-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #12
benji1997

Glen...I never heard anything about replacing the battery. I haven't the slightest idea on the size nor would finding out tell me anything. If GM can't figure this out, what good are they?
Old 06-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #13
Glen e

Quote:
If GM can't figure this out, what good are they?
On this stuff?

Not much...
Old 06-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #14
Glen e

Quote:
Glen...I never heard anything about replacing the battery. I haven't the slightest idea on the size nor would finding out tell me anything. If GM can't figure this out, what good are they?
belay my post above..the camaro batt at 720CCA is more than enuf...back to the thread....