Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #43
Ron66Vette&10SS
Plays with Hot Wheels

Drives: '17 Jet Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvrine View Post
Am I wrong to think that $7k isn't too much?
i think the ground effects, and 21' wheels alone would get it kind of close to that, No?
Then all the other stuff is nice addition. Or am I just expressing my childhood nastalgia!! :-)
I would remove the side HW emblems, though. But that's just me.
I thought $7K was pretty steep as well....until I optioned out a 2SS with "regular" (non Hot Wheel edition) options and the cost added up pretty quick: RS Package, 21" wheels, ground effects, stripes, different spoiler, premium paint, painted engine cover.......you're over $10K already and that doesn't even include the interior stiching, decals, different door inserts, different grill, and the uniqueness of the parts.

Still a bit steep, but not totally unreasonable. It would be nice if they at least included some sort of performance options (shifter, dual mode, higher rear gear....something!) for that much though.

Last edited by Ron66Vette&10SS; 11-05-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Ron66Vette&10SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #44
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron66Vette&10SS View Post
I thought $7K was pretty steep as well....until I optioned out a 2SS with "regular" (non Hot Wheel edition) options and the cost added up pretty quick: RS Package, 21" wheels, ground effects, stripes, different spoiler, premium paint, painted engine cover.......you're over $10K already and that doesn't even include the interior stiching, decals, different door inserts, different grill, and the uniqueness of the parts.

Still a bit steep, but not totally unreasonable. It would be nice if they at least included some sort of performance options (shifter, dual mode, higher rear gear....something!) for that much though.
Nice to know that info. Some thrown in options would be a good idea! Never hurts to try!
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #45
cawcolo

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition
Hot Wheels Edition

Yeah, before adding options NOT included in the package, you start at (2SS) $36,135 + $6995 = $43,130. That's not bad.

Then decide if you want an automatic, navigation, illuminated footwells & cupholder, etc. As others have pointed out, the package already includes the RS package, 21" wheels, ground effects & rear spoiler (from the ZL-1 ), Blk engine cover, floor mats, etc. There's only a few things left to even consider adding.

FYI - My dealer called today and said it's not available with the sunroof.
cawcolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:48 AM   #46
wlvrine

When did a cup holder become an option??
Old 11-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #47
INTENSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawcolo View Post
Yeah, before adding options NOT included in the package, you start at (2SS) $36,135 + $6995 = $43,130. That's not bad.

Then decide if you want an automatic, navigation, illuminated footwells & cupholder, etc. As others have pointed out, the package already includes the RS package, 21" wheels, ground effects & rear spoiler (from the ZL-1 ), Blk engine cover, floor mats, etc. There's only a few things left to even consider adding.

Starting off at $43,130 is pretty brutal considering what they give you in a 1LE package for HALF the Hot Wheels package price. Dissapointing that you can't get a sunroof with it either.

2017 Camaro ZL1
2002 Camaro SS 35th LE - Sold
1987 Monte Carlo SS
INTENSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #48
cawcolo

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
When did a cup holder become an option??
I don't know when the illuminated footwells & cupholders became available.
cawcolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #49
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawcolo View Post

Probably not available with the sunroof because of the stripe running over the roof...GM figures that would look awkward with a stripe and sunroof I guess. Makes no dif to me any way, I can't afford the car. Besides, with this election outcome, I'm not spending a dime on anything I don't need from here on out. Good luck, GM. Good luck, USA. It's pretty much over now.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #50
INTENSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
Probably not available with the sunroof because of the stripe running over the roof...GM figures that would look awkward with a stripe and sunroof I guess. Makes no dif to me any way, I can't afford the car. Besides, with this election outcome, I'm not spending a dime on anything I don't need from here on out. Good luck, GM. Good luck, USA. It's pretty much over now.
They could have just deleted the stripe on the roof and add the sunroof. It's not that difficult. I've never been a big fan of a stripe being applied from nose to rear like a paint roller anyhow.

2017 Camaro ZL1
1987 Monte Carlo SS
Old 11-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #51
beecamaro

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition Camaro
Pretty sure they don't want to make it available again. Sunroof was available on the first transformers edition but not the second.
beecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #52
wlvrine

My dealer told me yesterday that they haven't released anything yet on the HW edition, is he really that much out of the loop?
Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #53
INTENSS

Quote:
My dealer told me yesterday that they haven't released anything yet on the HW edition, is he really that much out of the loop?
Unfortunately, they usually are. None of the 3 dealers I went to last month knew anything about the 1LE package. I had to give them a lesson and then they finally saw it in their system. Does Chevrolet give these dealers training? How do they know so little about their product? You'd think they would want to know all of this information so that they could upsell customers whenever possible. Most of the salesmen I encounter just want to hound you about products they know nothing about...but I guess that's a topic for another time.

2017 Camaro ZL1
1987 Monte Carlo SS
Old 11-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #54
wlvrine

I can say this, fortunately he's proactive and is more than willing to stay on top if it and let me know ASAP about any info that comes in. So I guess we'll see.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #55
INTENSS

Quote:
I can say this, fortunately he's proactive and is more than willing to stay on top if it and let me know ASAP about any info that comes in. So I guess we'll see.
No doubt - customer service is entirely different from product knowledge. I've encountered salesman with very good customer service, but unfortunately they just didn't seem to know their stuff.

2017 Camaro ZL1
1987 Monte Carlo SS
Old 11-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #56
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Well isn't this a beesh.

GM won't give us a KBM 1LE

This has been a very depressing week for me. At least I get my car back from the body shop today.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote