Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2017, 04:39 AM   #15
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Composites View Post
Seibon no longer offers Camaro carbon fiber hoods. Anderson Composites; Seibons sister company focused on the Domestic Market has absorbed Seibons domestic vehicle product offering as well as adding over 300 new parts specifically for Domestic Muscle Cars.

Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber hoods will not warp or change shape based on environmental conditions. We have never received a return or noted this happening. We do advise you use some type of heat shield on the underside of the hood. Many customers do not use a double sided tape or other style heat shield and do not have issues; however it is recommended.

Attachment 871199
Nice hoods. Are you sure you drive a 2016 Z28?
Old 05-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #16
Extreme Dimensions

Drives: 2016 1ss Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0331Marine View Post
Stay far far away from Duraflex crap. Do a quick serarch on here or heck, Google Duraflex and read for days.
Duraflex is not carbon fiber its fiberglass btw...

Carbon Creations is our carbon fiber line and we have the industry leading warranty on our carbon fiber parts
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:44 PM   #17
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
I like my original, stock hood. No warping risk.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:03 PM   #18
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixson View Post
Ive got no skin in the game since I haven't purchased a CF hood yet, but these guys have a good reputation and look to make a high quality product. Plus I love some of the hoods they have for our Camaros.

http://extremedimensions.com/
I wouldn't buy anything from them again. I ordered a Carbon fiber splitter through Phastek . I had watched a vid on ED's website saying how they nicely packaged there products in foam and a box to protect the part. I thought great. When the splitter arrived it was wrapped in foam and packing tape. When I got the packing material off it, it looked like someone had used it as a bench seat. All kinds of stress cracks in the center of it and also some chips missing out of a couple of edges.Also the hardware kit it came with was 4 bolts . WTH . Needless to say it got returned to Phastek ,got my money back and ordered a ASC T5 splitter which is fiberglass and came in a nice box to protect it.

If you buy something from Extreme Dimension I hope your experience is/was better than mine . I've been holding this in for a few months . Buyer be aware.

Last edited by 1Coopgt; 05-23-2017 at 08:18 PM.
1Coopgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:58 PM   #19
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Ive run the VIS AMS hood in Arizona for over 4 years in heat up to 130 degree's no issues with warping.

Only thing to worry about from any carbon fiber part is if the manufacturer puts on a clearcoat over the epoxy/resin with a UV blocker in it.

High end manufacturers do this by default, midgrade and lower don't. However this doesn't mean its not good to go midgrade or lower, you just need to make sure it gets it or the epoxy/resin will deteriorate.