Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-18-2015, 01:07 PM   #1
melbourne_ls1

Drives: 2011 2SS Red Jewel Tintcoat Vert
BC Racing BR Series Coilovers

Any other convertibles out there running these coilovers?
Old 04-19-2015, 08:31 AM   #2
Bcarr

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Convertible
Coil overs

Let me know if you learn anything. Those look like a nice setup for the price and I am considering coil overs as well.
Bcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #3
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
How low are your drop springs now? I'm curious as to the ride quality of these coilovers. I have a set of LG's that I have not installed yet. Great looking vert and nice wheels.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:21 PM   #4
xk49

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT Convertible
I have them on my vert. I also ran a set on my previous car, SRT8. I'm not a racer, but couldn't be happier with the performance. Quality is top notch and pretty easy to adjust the ride height and really easy to adjust the dampening.
Flowmaster Force II Axle back, Kooks LT's and Highflow Cats, Oracle Side Makers, BC Coilovers, E-Force Supercharger, Rotofab Intake, HexVents, ACS T4 Splitter/Rockers/Wind Deflectors, Aeroforce dual pod, Autometer boost/WB analog gauges, MRR M228 20x10 20x11 Nitto Invo 275/315's, CDC Sport Bar, Tuned by Slowhawk Performance.
xk49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:21 PM   #5
melbourne_ls1

Drives: 2011 2SS Red Jewel Tintcoat Vert
I had Eibach lowering springs initially then went with the BC Racing coilovers for more adjustability and better ride. The ride quality and adjustability of the BC coilovers is awesome, especially for the price.
The only issue I have with them is the clicking noise the rears make going over small bumps at slow speeds, especially when the top is up. Sounds like something is loose which I know is not the case. BC Racing sent me replacement cartridges for the rears and I still heard the clicking noise.

I currently have the Eibach lowering springs with the stock shocks installed in the rear and there is absolutely no noise. Was only going to reinstall the factory shocks as a test, but seeing how nice and quiet the ride is, I may go with coilovers up front and lowering springs in the rear for a while.

Just curious if any other verts with these coilovers hear this clicking noise.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:18 AM   #6
xk49

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT Convertible
Funny you should mention the clicking. I did my exhaust and coilovers at the same time. Re-adjusted the exhaust because I thought that was the problem. Still not sure if the occsional noise I here is still the exhaust hitting something of if its the coilover. Note to self: Don't do multiple mods at once, makes it hard to tell what the culprit is.
Flowmaster Force II Axle back, Kooks LT's and Highflow Cats, Oracle Side Makers, BC Coilovers, E-Force Supercharger, Rotofab Intake, HexVents, ACS T4 Splitter/Rockers/Wind Deflectors, Aeroforce dual pod, Autometer boost/WB analog gauges, MRR M228 20x10 20x11 Nitto Invo 275/315's, CDC Sport Bar, Tuned by Slowhawk Performance.
xk49 is offline   Reply With Quote