Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 11:45 PM   #29
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
MORE HOGWASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Be assured you were not duped.

Why would we want to dupe you? If we did, I would doubt that you'd come back to us for your other transportation needs.........

You did not pay for a GM marketing Study -- we DID want to see where peoples' thoughts were so that we can adjust supply to demand.

Allocation thread is not truthy - rather, several people were (and are) attempting to 'interpret' --

Go see my thread at:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11517
QUOTE "YOU WANTED TO SEE WHERE PEOPLES THOUGHTS WERE SO THAT YOU CAN ADJUST SUPPLY TO DEMAND"" HOGWASHHHHHHH!!!!!

EARLY ON EVEN IN THE FIRST WEEKS FOR THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS THE SS WAS OUT ORDERING BY A SIGNIFICANY NUMBER THE V-6S'

you guys knew that months ago and you know it now so whats this hogwash about supply to demand??????---come on guys preorder put your money down youll get your cars first ---yeah right we were duped an all this crap now about making sure you get a great car being the reason foir delay--well tell that to the guys that preordered the ss and put money down to be able to get a jump on production as it was told to us--tell that to the guys that wont see an ss til october --tell that to the guys they may not see their ss til next year inspite of pre ordering all the while gm collects interest on our down payments
Old 01-09-2009, 11:45 PM   #30
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
I am refering to us - those of us who ordered these pre-production cars. Seems we are considered last when it comes to getting what we ordered. In other words that SS/RS that you ordered will not be made until GM wants to make it - they seem to wanna make V6's- and this allocation is also dependant upon the dealer who has no obligation to prioritize your order above his own and likely won't is he can make a profit selling another SS to someone offering more $$$.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:47 PM   #31
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
QUOTE "YOU WANTED TO SEE WHERE PEOPLES THOUGHTS WERE SO THAT YOU CAN ADJUST SUPPLY TO DEMAND"" HOGWASHHHHHHH!!!!!

EARLY ON EVEN IN THE FIRST WEEKS FOR THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS THE SS WAS OUT ORDERING BY A SIGNIFICANY NUMBER THE V-6S'

you guys knew that months ago and you know it now so whats this hogwash about supply to demand??????---come on guys preorder put your money down youll get your cars first ---yeah right we were duped an all this crap now about making sure you get a great car being the reason foir delay--well tell that to the guys that preordered the ss and put money down to be able to get a jump on production as it was told to us--tell that to the guys that wont see an ss til october --tell that to the guys they may not see their ss til next year inspite of pre ordering all the while gm collects interest on our down payments
A) You need to start being more respectful. Scott doesn't have to come on here and inform us.
B) It was my understanding that GM never requested down payments from anyone...instead, it was up to dealers to collect down payments or not.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:48 PM   #32
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Stevo, Leather,

You guys realize that when an order is placed and its issued a build number its pretty much put in the hands of a computer... so if we have 10000 orders and 8000 are SS the computer will not interject a whole bunch of 1LT's into it just to push the others back?

Other then showroom models for butts to be in I'm not seeing why you guys believe that the V8 will be pushed back..

Yes its been the story all along that thye want to tout the fuel efficiency of the V6 but its not stopping the V8.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:50 PM   #33
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Be assured you were not duped.

Why would we want to dupe you? If we did, I would doubt that you'd come back to us for your other transportation needs.........

You did not pay for a GM marketing Study -- we DID want to see where peoples' thoughts were so that we can adjust supply to demand.

Allocation thread is not truthy - rather, several people were (and are) attempting to 'interpret' --

Go see my thread at:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11517
Thanks and thanks again! I can sleep now. This day was nightmare and many pages later I can rest. Thank you for your info and being a fairly new GM customer, I can believe in my choice again!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #34
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
I am refering to us - those of us who ordered these pre-production cars. Seems we are considered last when it comes to getting what we ordered. In other words that SS/RS that you ordered will not be made until GM wants to make it - they seem to wanna make V6's- and this allocation is also dependant upon the dealer who has no obligation to prioritize your order above his own and likely won't is he can make a profit selling another SS to someone offering more $$$.

The dealer can not pick someone else's car over yours.

second look at what I said earlier. They want to build the car with manufacturing constraints. They can build a plant and staff a plant that can make 10,000 SS a month. However after the initial orders go through they would have massive extra capacity and made the car cost 60,000k to pay for that facility.

They are going to get the cars made as soon as possible. But realize that there is a whole supply chain supporting this.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:03 AM   #35
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
This day has let alot of air out of my ballon on a dream of getting my Camaro.When I turned 16 I wanted a used 1969 Camaro for my first car and my dad didn't think it would be a good first car, so I got a Chevy Monza.I have dreamed of this car since I turned 16 in 1986 and have took all the steps to make this dream come true.I was at the dealer on Oct 13th Preordering my SS Camaro,I gave a $1000.00 dollar deposit in early july to hold my spot at my dealer.I sold trucks,motorcycles,boats,guns, and everything else I had to sell to get the money to buy my 2010 Camaro.Yes I am pretty serious about this car and have sold enough stuff to buy my Dream Car.I want to feel like GM cares as much about there LOYAL customers as we care about this Camaro.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #36
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
Somehow, I thought by ordering the pre-production car early that I would be the first to have one of it's kind...according to the video below that may not be the case. I can see why the earliest cars will be in showrooms for all to see/drive but why should I not be driving mine along side them?

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 01-10-2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: As per GM's request.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:12 AM   #37
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
so............. What is the REAL story with Ambient Lighting now too? I want to know what's going on and I want to know right now. The IDL did not provide any information and only served to scare more people on this as well. Please correct the panic situation on this as well.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #38
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2010 View Post
This day has let alot of air out of my ballon on a dream of getting my Camaro.When I turned 16 I wanted a used 1969 Camaro for my first car and my dad didn't think it would be a good first car, so I got a Chevy Monza.I have dreamed of this car since I turned 16 in 1986 and have took all the steps to make this dream come true.I was at the dealer on Oct 13th Preordering my SS Camaro,I gave a $1000.00 dollar deposit in early july to hold my spot at my dealer.I sold trucks,motorcycles,boats,guns, and everything else I had to sell to get the money to buy my 2010 Camaro.Yes I am pretty serious about this car and have sold enough stuff to buy my Dream Car.I want to feel like GM cares as much about there LOYAL customers as we care about this Camaro.
So they come out and say Hey guys, we want to make sure we get this right and will delay it a few weeks and that means they dont care? The car will come. In the grand scheme the car premiered what 3 years ago? so thats 36 months. So this is a 1/36 extention on the cars development proccess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Somehow, I thought by ordering the pre-production car early that I would be the first to have one of it's kind...according to the video below that may not be the case. I can see why the earliest cars will be in showrooms for all to see/drive but why should I not be driving mine along side them?
You will. There are 10k orders though. Why should your order be before anyone of theres? And you will be able to drive your car along side them. It just takes time to build cars.

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 01-10-2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: remove vid link as per GM's request
Old 01-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #39
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
The dealer can not pick someone else's car over yours.

second look at what I said earlier. They want to build the car with manufacturing constraints. They can build a plant and staff a plant that can make 10,000 SS a month. However after the initial orders go through they would have massive extra capacity and made the car cost 60,000k to pay for that facility.

They are going to get the cars made as soon as possible. But realize that there is a whole supply chain supporting this.
They can build them at the pl;ant they have now at a rate reasonable to everyone. The trouble is that they are hell-bent on making V-6 lot cars instead of V-8 ordered cars.

In spite of all the soothing comments and calming of nerves goimng on around here, I can assure you that the "Allocation Lottery" is DEFINITELY AND WITH NO DOUBT going to BURN quite a few of the enthusiasts because of their geographic location and proximity of competent dealerships and population density.

Many of you are going to be pleasantly surprised how fast your car comes... but I'm sure that 25-35% of you are going to have to swallow a bitter pill. At that point you're going to be outnumbered and beaten down for complaining about it by those lucky ones who got theirs.

It happened with the 4th gens and it will happen again. I am speaking from personal experience with the idiotic order process.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #40
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2010 View Post
If GM didn't care about the consumers, do you think they would have involved the enthusiasts in the development of this car from Day 1?
Old 01-10-2009, 12:22 AM   #41
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
IDL Vid

Don't repost a link to the IDL Vid again. Anyone that does so will be banned. We will respect GM's request.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #42
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
After what I have seen and heard today. I will be shocked if it is just a month delay on SS Camaros.I hope I am wrong, but I could give you some stories about how some of my friends got done on there Dodge Challengers.I fear some of the same mess.

Closed Thread