Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #113
Taz_FL

Drives: 1LT/RS Yellow/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Whether the OP is a Troll or not, this thread shows why so many feel the SS guys are A$$HOLES. Always bashing the V6 guys every time they post about modding. I'm not saying the OP didn't ask for it with his opening statement, but seriously. You don't know what else is being done, perhaps he is forging the bottom end, I hope so.

And for those that are going on about why not just buy an SS, well to the SS guys why not just buy the ZR1 Vette? To Supercharge the SS properly, you are looking at a minimum of 20K I know, I'm in the middle of a build right now http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140568 and just north of 30K.. I'm not talking about throwing a Supercharger on and tuning it with a bunch of other bolt ons, we all know that route is a bomb with a slow burning fuse, 11:1 compression + Boost = Boom. It isn't if, it is just a question of when, but hey to each their own and believe what you want to believe. I guess what I'm saying is, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

To the OP, good luck with the build and I hope it goes well!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #114
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Just so that this thread is not a total waste - I would like to see a reputable shop chime in and validate or discredit the claims that the OP has made.

In my opinion, I cannot ever see a STS kit producing 20-30 psi. Just the quote of 20-30 psi in itself show some level of questionable knowledge as there is a massively huge difference in making 20psi compared to making 30 psi. Then the question is - can a V6 block handle even 20 psi? I am very aware that the crank are noted as being factory built strong parts but throw 20 psi at anything not forged and you will seperate the boys from the men.

So the question is - is this at all possible given the budget, platform and mods the OP mentions? 20 - 30 psi + 150hp shot = explosion on some of the strongest of built engines, no less a 305hp rated V6.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #115
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
PercyJWellingtonIII please say more I like to listen to you!!

How much horse power are you getting out of you LT? It might be a Pontiac!

"How Im Getting Over 350HP In my V6 with Bolt/Stick ons"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"312hp Stock
Axle Back exhaust-10hp
Cold Air Ind 20hp
4" Exhaust Tip 7hp
Racing Stripes 3hp
SunGlasses 1hp
--------------------------------
353hp"

Old 04-30-2011, 10:36 AM   #116
FastEddie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IOM LS3 2SS/RS Camaro
Name:  FredArmisenSoWhat.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  10.7 KB oh yeah and p00p

Last edited by FastEddie; 04-30-2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: to p00p on fail thread
Old 04-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #117
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Someone should build an old school Buick V-6 turbo for a Camaro. Start with a 4.1L iron block, built right those will hold huge boost. Today's basic aluminum DOHC passenger car V-6's will just scatter itself at high boost/power levels.

To see some real V-6 power, do some youtube searching for 7 and 8 second Grand Nationals.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #118
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
why the OP got banned?
Old 04-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #119
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
Anyone wanna do an over/under on days from build date to detonation? I give it 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
1........hour that is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesql View Post
First hard run
Doesn't get off the dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEINFELD666 View Post
with the new rear end , transmission , and everything the total was 19,999.00 out the door. Trust me it will not "blow up" we are looking at 20-30psi for the 600mark.
Not for 20k you aren't getting 30psi in a stock v6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Well, I wish you well, and let us know when it is done. There will be NO shortage of modded SS's that will be lineing up to run you.
Minus one here. I'm not wasting my time and being part of his exposion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
I can do that with only $43,000.00 = 2SS + TVS2300, isn't this a bargain!!!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
First time Ive came across so much hatin' on C5. Its a shame to this site. A true car guy wouldnt get so wrapped up in bashing, but the anticipation of seeing it done.
Haters hate.
Im ashamed for you. An opinion is one thing. But to bash a new member right outta the gate!!??
C5 deserves better.
Besides, its his car and hes free to do whatever he wishes to it. I for one cant wait to hear more.
Just my .02, if its worth anything here since I drive a "6 banger".

Seinfeld666, have fun modding and welcome to C5
Aaaand he's banned.

I would absolutely agree with you if the guy wasn't an obvious troll. But he made claims that were just simply bogus. I submit that it would have been worse for him if he wasn't called out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
Yep, this is what C5 is now about
Where do you get this from? If you see it happening, hit your report button. The OP was the one banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
Really, the first 20 post bashed him. Way to be positive fellas
So we should facilitate an obvious BS story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PercyJWellingtonIII View Post
------------------

How do you know? That engine is famous for its reinforced heavy duty Crank, its got oil ports and vanes going to places most people have never heard of to keep things well lubed. His weak link won't be the engine but transmission. Not sure about the rear. I say go for it and build it. GM thinks its a tuff engine, lets see if they are right.
I agree with you here BUT it was just obvious that he was fos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss=scuba steve View Post
We eatin some troll house cookies!
For some reason this made me LOL.........

Quote:
----
Why? Husrt can build a badd ass Camaro with this V6, so why cant he.
Here is what Hurst is saying...
With a single Turbo...
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrol...t-ar94919.html
It doesn't give final numbers. I"m guessing nowhere near the OPs claim. It just says 50% more power..... Whatever that means.

Quote:
-----------------

Yeh its all from the SS guys. Never seen such insecurity because his car will end pprobably faster tha a stock SS.
Not true.

Of course there are all kind of people in every group, but in this case the OP came in obviously trying to antagonize. And nobody told him anything that wasnt' true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I think Torq needs to chime in and confirm this also! Cause I don't hate on no one that does what they want to they car. Regardless how crazy it may sound!
THIS.... is what I was thinking as I read through this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_cartoonist_88 View Post
There has been many studies on how now days that people are using distant communication,(the further you are away from face to face, emails, forums etc.) that people are using less and less social filters. At least I hope some of these comments would not be made face to face. Along that line I don't understand that people feel the need to make negative comments. I still feel the best policy is if you don't have nothing good to say, don't say nothing at all.
It works both ways. People who 'troll' for or antagonize more are in the same equation. Would this guy have done this face to face. NOT without a smile on his face.

Face to face this whole conversation starts with his comment, and ends with laughter from both sides. He was not serious. OR, he would be serious and explain exaclty how he plans on doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7 View Post
Laugh it up, the old cyclone and typhoon were faster than your SS with mods and it was a v6 turbo from the 80's stupid asses.....
So what? There are 100% electric cars running 10s.

We are talking about THIS platform. And we are talking about power and torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKINS PERFORMANCE View Post
Well is your car auto or stick
I also thought about this. The car mentioned from Hurst was claiming, I'm assuming just under 500 horse power and I have no doubt it was a stick. 3 to 4 percent less drivetrain loss and a more solid tranny makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Whether the OP is a Troll or not, this thread shows why so many feel the SS guys are A$$HOLES. Always bashing the V6 guys every time they post about modding. I'm not saying the OP didn't ask for it with his opening statement, but seriously. You don't know what else is being done, perhaps he is forging the bottom end, I hope so.

And for those that are going on about why not just buy an SS, well to the SS guys why not just buy the ZR1 Vette? To Supercharge the SS properly, you are looking at a minimum of 20K I know, I'm in the middle of a build right now http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140568 and just north of 30K.. I'm not talking about throwing a Supercharger on and tuning it with a bunch of other bolt ons, we all know that route is a bomb with a slow burning fuse, 11:1 compression + Boost = Boom. It isn't if, it is just a question of when, but hey to each their own and believe what you want to believe. I guess what I'm saying is, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

To the OP, good luck with the build and I hope it goes well!
From my Headers, to x pipe, to Stype exhast, CAI, and Supercharger I have about 7k in it. Sorry you have to pay so much.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #120
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzpat View Post
He just trolled you all lol..

600hp on a v6? lol.. Boom!
+1. 20 psi??? I'll support any V6'r modding....but c'mon....I haven't heard of any LLT running over 8 psi of boost.

Still, sort of hoping it's legit......
Old 04-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #121
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Honestly not being negative... but i would by the 2ss in your situation. and then with the rest either use it for gas money, or look for some basic mods that would be effective.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #122
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS
Let the thread die....
Old 04-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #123
FastEddie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IOM LS3 2SS/RS Camaro
If anyone could do it it'd be them. You don't make libelous claims on the behalf of a sponsor. SUPERBANHAMMER ...................................aaaand in bfo da locK1
Old 04-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #124
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
You gotta be a pretty good troll if your thread is still getting to people after you are banned. If he is banned why hasn't this thread been closed? The humor has worn off.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #125
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
He wasn't banned for this thread.

Nor does it appear he was banned for his response to anything in this thread.

He did, however, speak strongly in another thread.

As I read through it this morning I found myself hoping he was serious and Torq was gonna do it.

The Hurst car is interesting. It claims 500 RWHP-ish. The link that was put up in this thread.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #126
BIG L/2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
This can easily be done at you need is Jay Leno LOL

Closed Thread