Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-05-2013, 12:42 AM   #1
ZL1LEGEND
ZL1 - The Legend Returns!

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Changed my oil today and found a leak

Took the pan off under the car (super easy btw- went back on just as easy) and to my surprise a nice thick mess of tyranny fluid. Looked to be coming down the side of the tranny pan. Right about where the lines go in for what I believe to be the tranny cooler??

Wasn't a ton. But enough that I should bring it in.

If it wasnt for the oil change I would have never known there was a leak. I like the aerodynamics idea of the cover under the car but it kinda hides things like the good old oil spot in the garage to let you know your car had a leak.

Anyone else seen this? Thoughts on what's its from? Fixes?
ZL1LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:59 AM   #2
BAD ZL1
BAD ZL1

Drives: 2013 VIN 48 Victory Red ZL1!
Really dont know without pics. I have changed my oil once, and inspecting the under pan makes sense and the stuff above it too. I would just take it in to the dealer and let them DEAL with it....
BAD ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Please keep us posted on your dealership visit. If you would like me to schedule an appointment for you, I would be happy to do so!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1LEGEND View Post
Took the pan off under the car (super easy btw- went back on just as easy) and to my surprise a nice thick mess of tyranny fluid. Looked to be coming down the side of the tranny pan. Right about where the lines go in for what I believe to be the tranny cooler??

Wasn't a ton. But enough that I should bring it in.

If it wasnt for the oil change I would have never known there was a leak. I like the aerodynamics idea of the cover under the car but it kinda hides things like the good old oil spot in the garage to let you know your car had a leak.

Anyone else seen this? Thoughts on what's its from? Fixes?