Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 11:40 PM   #953
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
I can't believe how fast this thread is going I can't keep up with it and I'm only skimming the pages!!!

Old 01-12-2014, 12:16 AM   #954
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake2212 View Post
i say we pitch in for a billboard near the delaership that says "first state Chevrolet, they wreck your car then tell you to piss off!"

Set it up and I'm in! I'll donate the first $100 to the cause

Love the idea!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:19 AM   #955
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
PQ: I will not fault this dealer for trying to find a reasonable end other than taking a 20k hit on this. Regardless whos insurance pays, there will be a 10 to 20 thousand dollar difference if the OP demands a brand new car.

PQ, When you doing your taxes and you get to the part on the schedule C for BAD DEBTS, that's what this covers, it's deductible on the business tax

Last edited by CAP'N B; 01-12-2014 at 12:24 AM. Reason: i'm a dumb ass and don't know how to work the quote button
Old 01-12-2014, 12:21 AM   #956
SinisSick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ss
Goodluck OP and like I stated I cant believe this dealer didnt resolve this instead of getting all this bad publicity.

Last edited by SinisSick; 01-12-2014 at 03:12 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:46 AM   #957
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
So it seems some who have joined this thread late are now bringing up the topic of "why a sense of entitlement for a new car" rather than a used one.

Let's take a step back.

If, on the day the dealership contacted OP they would have said "we apologize, an unfortunate incident happened, we are going to find you a replacement that is identical or better than the one that was wrecked". This thread would have not taken off.

Instead, that called and basically said "sorry about it, sucks to be you"

So given the initial actions of the dealership and the way they poorly handled it I feel they should provide an even better replacement for being such ass holes to begin with.

If you read back I was one of the first to post that OP is owed a similar car. Nothing more nothing less.

But now, given how poorly the dealership has handled this. Bad decisions after bad decision, trying to deceive and take advantage. They deserve what they get, and they should offer a little extra. The dealership keeps digging themselves into a deeper whole.

Also, there is what the law says, and then their is what common sense and ethics say. Regarding the law and insurance the op's is gonna end up with 44k or so to go get another car. Just because it's the law, or that's the policy, doesn't mean it's the bare minimum the dealership should do.

But, If the dealer doesn't do what is right by common sense and ethics things will get worse and this bad pr will not stop!

The dealership needs to realize it may be best to take the quickest and easiest way out of this, rather than the cheapest way!
Old 01-12-2014, 01:21 AM   #958
Kevins89notch

Drives: Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
So it seems some who have joined this thread late are now bringing up the topic of "why a sense of entitlement for a new car" rather than a used one.

Let's take a step back.

If, on the day the dealership contacted OP they would have said "we apologize, an unfortunate incident happened, we are going to find you a replacement that is identical or better than the one that was wrecked". This thread would have not taken off.
[/B]
Exactly! I don't know values or a brand new ZL1, but I'll toss out the number of 15K over what this now wrecked one will get via insurance money. Instead of offering OP the priorly wrecked 2 owner car, the dealership could have said find a ZL1 of your liking, and it's on us. OP could have found one at maybe 49K. Yeah, that's 5K or so over what the insurance will pay out but the dealer just eats that amount and has a happy customer.

Instead now they have a quarter million people bashing them till they hand over the keys to a brand new one, putting them out 15K.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:05 AM   #959
TannerJPowell

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
To close a deal after taxes and fees, it will take at least 59 (say 60k) on a used one listed at 53k that fits the description approximately. About 16k under what the insurance offered (and still about 11-12k from the total after dealer contributions). There's no reason the owner should have to pay anything to replace the car wrecked while in the dealers care. Not one dime. The dealer should make full restitution.

Exodus 22: 10-12 if you want to bring the law into it! And no its not a sin not to and no none of these guys are under the law. It's still the right thing to do though in this instance.

And whatever they decide to do, they would do well to have forgiveness towards those who've offended them. Holding onto to bitterness and anger will destroy you.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:32 AM   #960
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
oh god now we're bringing bible qoutes to the front lines...

Fbodfather great to hear from you it's put the few of us that are waiting to see whats gonna happen at ease to know you've taken some notice in this.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 01-12-2014, 02:43 AM   #961
TannerJPowell

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW7 View Post
I do business with First State and the so called wrecked offer replacement car has a clean history report. It appears after a few calls it was found out a Ford dealer in the area had replaced the front bumper cover as the result of a parking lot type bump or bruise. Nothing more. So the offer made was 2012 car with 13k miles new rubber all around, 1 year warranty extension thru Certified program and $4000 of goodwill to do with as Hoopers pleased. Car also had more equipment in the form of moonroof and polished wheels. Sounds fair in my book
Not fair. Front bumper replaced? Metallic paint? How many panels were painted? Did they blend it? More than likely the Ford dealer could not pull off a like new repair. And yes, the repair is a substantial mark lower than one having never been damaged and or repaired.

Where did evidence of the repair come from if not the history report? If it's on the history report, its probably because it met the requirements to be added to the history report.

Why new rubber? Because the center was burned out of the rears and the corners wiped clean on the fronts? Or did they come on the non stock size probably hideous polished shinny dinky wheels? To many people, the OEM wheels are highly preferred. Dealers know this because they spend lots of money putting OEM wheels back on trades to make the sale easier.

Did you think some people might not like a moon roof because they have a tendency to break, leak and become potential hazards in serious collisions? Someone who wants a track car probably does not want a moon roof.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:57 AM   #962
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Also there is less headroom with a sunroof

Ryan
Old 01-12-2014, 07:04 AM   #963
BlackedOutZL1
Boss Killer

Drives: 2012 ZL1, Black, A6
tasted vomit...

Wow, I puked up some first morning coffee when i saw this story... an hour later skimming thru the posts I've taken some action as we all should.

1. Blasted First State Chevrolet in Georgetown, DE on their own Facebook page.

2. Went to a different page and emailed them offering a straight up trade of my 2012 Black ZL1 with 3400 miles for a 2014 loaded Vette. Seems fair to me LOL

3. Put a link to the story on my FB page and asked all my friends to blast the dealer on his page.

Any business owner worth his salt steps up when this happens, takes ownership and says, "what can we do to make this right?" Have a conversation, if they say exact replacement, no problem. Find it or BETTER, not a couple thousand dollars less of a replacement! That is just plain STUPID.

This dealership should and will go out of business. Not because of anything we do here on Camaro5 but the choices they make in the day to day operation. Obvious "Stealership" found right there!
3000 : 4-25-12 Order accepted by production control
3300 : 5-10-12 Order scheduled for production
3400 : 05-15-12 - Order Broadcast (internal plant paperwork order produced)
3800 : 5-23-12 - Order produced VIN 1477
4000 : 5-23-12 - Vehicle available to ship
4150 : 5-23-12 Invoiced (order is invoiced to the dealer)
4200 : 5-26-12 Bayed waiting transport
5000 : 6-6-12 Delivered to dealer
Old 01-12-2014, 07:20 AM   #964
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Glad GM is involved now. The dealer should go above and beyond even if only to avoid bad press and public outrage (which costs them more money albeit less quantitative).

Hope this is a feel good story in the end.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 01-12-2014, 07:21 AM   #965
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:
I do business with First State and the so called wrecked offer replacement car has a clean history report. It appears after a few calls it was found out a Ford dealer in the area had replaced the front bumper cover as the result of a parking lot type bump or bruise. Nothing more. So the offer made was 2012 car with 13k miles new rubber all around, 1 year warranty extension thru Certified program and $4000 of goodwill to do with as Hoopers pleased. Car also had more equipment in the form of moonroof and polished wheels. Sounds fair in my book
What part of "he doesn't want a sunroof" is hard to understand?

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #966
heymatt

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS Vert.
Quote:
If the car is clean, post the carfax, vin and pic of the car.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1